ADVERTISEMENT

Yeast

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
I saw where the Yeast kid decommited yesterday. Is this a player our staff wants?

I saw where the Yeast kid decommited yesterday. Is this a player our staff wants?

We are definitely recruiting him. I don't think it is likely that he will sign with us, just because his father is a former UK player. I do think that he will seriously consider us, because there really isn't a wide receiver in the country who would not seriously consider playing in Bobby Petrino's offense.

That's really embarrassing for UK. It's one thing if the kid never had UK on his radar, but as the son of a former player, to commit then decommit... What a mess they have in Lexington.

Reactions: American Male
That's really embarrassing for UK. It's one thing if the kid never had UK on his radar, but as the son of a former player, to commit then decommit... What a mess they have in Lexington.
It's much more complicated than that. Craig was trying to leverage his son to get a GA position at UK. The staff wasn't having it and the dynamic between Craig and the staff made the recruitment very difficult. Craig wanted Russ to feel like he was a top priority and receive a red carpet treatment from the staff. That never happened and I think both parties will be better off parting ways. The four years that Craig Yeast would've been around the program would've been a headache for the staff. I'm sucks that it came to this because Craig is my all-time favorite Wildcat but his actions in this recruitment have been disappointing

Reactions: Begbie_Nole
We are definitely recruiting him. I don't think it is likely that he will sign with us, just because his father is a former UK player. I do think that he will seriously consider us, because there really isn't a wide receiver in the country who would not seriously consider playing in Bobby Petrino's offense.
There is a very good possibility that Russ ends up at UL. He camped at UL before he was offered by UK and he liked UL a lot. Before he committed to UK many thought he favored UL. The only two schools that are recruiting him hard right now (to my knowledge) are UL and Iowa. He likes Iowa a lot too and they're confident that they'll ultimately get him

It's much more complicated than that. Craig was trying to leverage his son to get a GA position at UK. The staff wasn't having it and the dynamic between Craig and the staff made the recruitment very difficult. Craig wanted Russ to feel like he was a top priority and receive a red carpet treatment from the staff. That never happened and I think both parties will be better off parting ways. The four years that Craig Yeast would've been around the program would've been a headache for the staff. I'm sucks that it came to this because Craig is my all-time favorite Wildcat but his actions in this recruitment have been disappointing

Do you have ANY non-message UK message board source (link?) for this information? ANYTHING other than the single Lair poster below? Maybe a Yeast family quote?

deuces r wild:
After talking to a former player who is pretty close to the situation, this comes down to the fact that Craig Yeast believed that the UK coaching staff didn't show Russ the love that he was looking for. Craig wanted his son to be "recruited" and he felt the staff took Russ' commitment for granted and acted as if they did not value his commitment. I do not know for sure how the staff felt about Yeast's commitment, but from the tone of most of the poster's in this thread, this is viewed as "no big loss".

Last edited:
And you are talking straight out of your a$$. And don't know anything more than any other internet warrior knows. In other words, go away

At the end of the day, all anyone sees is this kid whose dad was a big star at UK committed, then de-committed, from UK. It looks really bad. If he had gone to some other school in the first place no one would care. But to commit then de-commit from a place where his father was a hero... How bad is that? It's a huge embarrassment to UK, that it went that far. No amount of spin is going to make that look good.

Reactions: Cue Card
Think he decommitted due to he didn't feel that UK was showing him enough attention. Personally think he and his family just like to keep his name in the news and decommitted to get himself in the news. I think he ends up back at UK but honestly I think there are better options for UK, I also think UL has a lot better options than him. We will see but something just doesn't seem right with this whole situation.

Think he decommitted due to he didn't feel that UK was showing him enough attention. Personally think he and his family just like to keep his name in the news and decommitted to get himself in the news. I think he ends up back at UK but honestly I think there are better options for UK, I also think UL has a lot better options than him. We will see but something just doesn't seem right with this whole situation.
There's always a better option than UK. I'm thinking he actually wants to be coached by a receivers coach that can develop him versus one (LT) that just likes to live in his own past.

You are right, I fell off a turnip wagon last night. Please tell me how the two are not similar?
BP never said the two were not similar. He is basically saying it doesn't matter. UofL fans are going to bust on UofK fans when stuff like this happens, and vice versa. It's the nature of the rivalry, which again apparently you're having a hard time understanding. It doesn't have to be right or wrong. It just IS. :D

Maybe my memory's short. But I don't recall a single conspiracy theory or don't-need-him comment about Baylen Buchanan when he decommitted.

There's one difference.

LPT Football: He wouldn't have gotten playing time here anyway...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT