ADVERTISEMENT

Yards after contact

Ibleedblue1973

Getting the Hang of It
Nov 18, 2019
This stat will be why we win or lose. All season long we let teams break 20th tackles a game. A lot of times we had guys in position to make a play but for some reason they tackle like sissies. Its embarrassing. Of our. D made half the tackles they should have wed be 10-2. in almost every game we had issues on D and sometimes offense so what do we do? Make dumbass penalties. False starts, offside, personal fouls you name it. A couple games we were the best player on their team. This has got to stop if we want to move up in the world.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
A lot of the missed tackles had to do with Louisville's undersized defense getting rocked by bigger dudes all season. It's going to be the same against Miss St.

MSU is going to score; I don't see any reason why the Louisville defense will be improved for the bowl game. Fortunately for Louisville, the bulldog defense has been giving up long/explosive plays to opposing offenses all season. Maybe Louisville can outscore them.

A lot of the missed tackles had to do with Louisville's undersized defense getting rocked by bigger dudes all season...
LBs and DBs make most of your tackles. Our guys at those positions are plenty big enough to tackle. Nor is speed our problem...

The highest ranked team I could identify playing inside and outside LBs was Oregon at #6. Their eight underclass ILBs average a little over 6'1" and 227 lbs. Our six average a little over 6'0" and 233 lbs.

Oregon's four underclass OLBs average 6 foot, 3.5 inches and 246 lbs. Our seven average a shade over 6'2" and 228 lbs.

I've heard the ability to tackle related to strength, speed, technique, and/or skill. I've never heard it attributed to weight or height, i.e., "size"...

Every single defensive player on the field should have no issue tackling any and every ball carrier. Even db' s tackle big backs. Its technique and heart.

Reactions: zipp
Every single defensive player on the field should have no issue tackling any and every ball carrier. Even db' s tackle big backs. Its technique and heart.
Agreed. Unless you're >50 lbs. smaller, it has nothing to do with size. Esp. tackling in space which is where most tackles are made...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT