ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Lonnie Galloway to be UofL Co-OC

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino is expected to hire West Virginia's Lonnie Galloway as co-offensive coordinator with Chris Klenakis
1283261.jpg

JODY DEMLING
11:25 PM

http://hailwv.com/2016/03/14/lonnie-galloway-leaves-wvu-for-louisville/

I like this paragraph from this article. : )

"With the Cardinals, Galloway will be the co-offensive coordinator with Chris Klenakis.
Klenakis has nearly 30 years of experience in college coaching. When he was at Nevada, Klenakis produced a book and video set regarding the pistol offense.
He is a mastermind of the run game. Add that with Galloway’s track record of producing NFL talent, the Cardinals could quickly develop into one of the nation’s most versatile offenses."

I think they meant TRI-coordinators. ;)

Or, could it be that CBP has evolved into a real HEAD coach, and is letting people who know the modern offense run the show?
NAH!!! :p

But I do hope we get some consistency. Somebody needs to run the show and everybody else needs stay out of the way.

Like the fact he is a very good recruiter...considered the best recruiter by many on their staff and the fact that he gotten players out of Miramir High School.

Also like the fact that he has developed NFL Quality WR like Tavon Austin, Stedman Bailey and Kevin White.

Last edited:
This should turn out to be the best assistant hire since Hurdt. Great recruiter!!!

Looks like a completely terrific hire. It's interesting that we basically doubled a 22 year veteran coach's salary (and former Recruiter of the Year in the BE). A proven producer with many All Americans and draftees in his resume, his gratitude should be off the charts.

With Petrino at the helm, I really think actual coaching on offense means very little at the coordinator(s) and other positions. Like a 90-10 proportion as far as dependency. The guy's a detail freak. And when you hear Petrino deep dive the various positions on offense, it's clear he could quite capably coach any position at any time. In fact, he does that during scrimmages and 11-on-11 drills. Better to bring in assistants on offense who can learn (or have learned) from him, who can relate to players, and who can recruit very well.

Rollem, I believe that most of our offensive inconsistency can be assigned to two issues: player youth/inexperience in general and the evolution of the new Petrino quarterback. The first one will take care of itself. The second is something of an experiment, and we'll have to wait and see. Petrino believes that he can transform a dual threat QB into a player who can consistently execute his passing offense. He may confidently believe that, but I'm not sure. The results will prove or disprove it.

But I'm not one to second-guess a guy widely regarded as an offensive mastermind. If he is indeed that, his experiment will be successful...

Last edited:
I think we all agree Petrino runs the offense and is a good place for guys that want to become an offensive coordinator. That is why McGee leaving didn't bother me from a organizational perspective. McGee leaving does hurt on a day to day basis because he was a good recruiter, QB coach and understood Petrino. That position may be more fluid than most because of that structure which is OK.

It never is really about who is leaving assistant coach wise it is always about how good is the next guy. We shall see.

I thought Nick Petrino replaced Thomas?
Nick Petrino has slide over to be QB Coach which makes more sense because he was a walk-on QB @ Arkansas and he knows how Petrino wants his QB to operate...Galloway is Co-ordinator in charge of the passing gameplan Coach...Remember he coached up former 2* WR Kevin White to a Top 10 Overall NFL Draft Pick in 2015 and he also coached Tavon Austin to a 1st Round NFL Draft Pick.

So what's news guys, a good head coach runs the whole team. He assigns his goals and what he wants the players to be taught. He must be a master delegator and judge of ability and character. Coordinators and position coaches can only teach what the head coach approves, The head coach is the CEO and the man with the fuzzy balls, when it comes to his running the team.

So what's news guys, a good head coach runs the whole team. He assigns his goals and what he wants the players to be taught. He must be a master delegator and judge of ability and character. Coordinators and position coaches can only teach what the head coach approves, The head coach is the CEO and the man with the fuzzy balls, when it comes to his running the team.
That's certainly true on our offense. Grantham is that guy on defense...

Reactions: vivid_red

That's certainly true on our offense. Grantham is that guy on defense...

Absolutely correct. If anyone thinks differently then they just simply don't understand CBP's football coaching ability and standards.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Nick Petrino has slide over to be QB Coach which makes more sense because he was a walk-on QB @ Arkansas and he knows how Petrino wants his QB to operate...Galloway is Co-ordinator in charge of the passing gameplan Coach...Remember he coached up former 2* WR Kevin White to a Top 10 Overall NFL Draft Pick in 2015 and he also coached Tavon Austin to a 1st Round NFL Draft Pick.

Man, Nick Petrino sure is versatile....first he was the REAL coach of the wide receivers last year and now he is taking his talents to the QB coaches position. Impressive!

Just playing....:)

When you get a Coach with Galloway cred you place him at the position he is most effective.

Got a Coach that just coached up two Top 15 Overall NFL Draft Picks @ WR....plus he was WVU Best Recruiter and has inroads with Miramar HS In Florida and the entire ACC Recruit area

Reactions: JohnCard28
When you get a Coach with Galloway cred you place him at the position he is most effective.

Got a Coach that just coached up two Top 15 Overall NFL Draft Picks @ WR....plus he was WVU Best Recruiter and has inroads with Miramar HS In Florida and the entire ACC Recruit area

Definitely a good hire.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Bobby is a lot like Howard was. Everybody said Howard was all offenses, but he was a hell of defensive coach also.

It helps a bunch, if you have coordinators that all you do is give them the playbook. When you do, the head coach can spend more time on game plans, instead of worrying about day to day training issues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT