ADVERTISEMENT

Worst possible scenario

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
This embarrassing defeat to Syracuse is the worst thing that could have happened to Scott Satterfield and Louisville football. The avalanche of hostility from the fanbase is just going to be extreme. Not only did we lose, the ineptitude in losing was so stark no one will be able to let it go.

The only reprieve would be beating UCF which looks like a pipe dream tonight. Like everyone I believe this terrible performance may crush our recruiting success as other coaches start telling the four star studs do you really want to play for Satterfield?

If this thing goes off the rails and we start 0 and 3, the pressure to fire him is going to be enormous.

There really was nothing positive to take from that game. I guess you could say Evans looked pretty good. Otherwise it was a complete and total failure. The same mistakes we’ve seen the last couple years once again were there in waves. The ineptitude in basic fundamentals - tackling, pursuing to the ball, blocking. Physically getting overmatched despite bringing in a new Strength and Conditioning coordinator. Also I’m not sure why Lance Taylor left ND for this but it seems to have been a poor career choice. Satt and this staff are in over their heads. Somehow they weaved their way out of getting fired after last season and convinced our homer media that change was coming. And I don’t want to hear about this ‘23 recruiting class as a reason to keep this staff in place.

Reactions: jackryankelly
I said it before the season this was the most important year for Louisville football history. They had the opportunity to really start making progress.

To come out like that is alarming. That is with the staff saying they were now good enough to win the ACC.

Football is week to week but the last 3 games has been a train wreck. I just don’t understand how they were that unprepared.

The UConn game tonight will not tell us anything, but if the Schrader/Tucker show can continue to execute like what I witnessed last week …… we may be seeing an ACC dark horse emerge and explain more about our own performance.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT