ADVERTISEMENT

Worldwide Wes heading to the knicks

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
The Knicks won't be heading to Orlando for the resumption of the season, but when 2020-21 rolls around, they'll have a revamped front office that will be focused on moving this franchise in the right direction. In February, after parting ways with longtime executive Steve Mills, the Knicks announced that player agent Leon Rose would fill the role of team president. Since then, Rose has started the search for New York's next head coach, and shaped the front office to his liking.

The latest move Rose made is bringing on his former colleague from CAA, William Wesley, or as he's known in basketball circles, "Worldwide Wes." Wesley will serve as an executive vice president/senior adviser in the Knicks front office, and brings with him deep connections within the NBA. The Knicks released a statement Wednesday morning officially announcing the hire of Wesley.

"We are very excited to announce the hiring of William Wesley, someone that I have known for over 40 years and consider to be family," Rose said. "He is one of the most well-connected and respected people in the basketball community and he will be a tremendous asset and resource to both myself and the New York Knicks."

In the statement, Wesley spoke of his admiration for Rose as well as Knicks owner Jim Dolan.

"My long history with and respect for Jim Dolan and Leon Rose, as well as the chance to be part of the New York Knicks, made this an opportunity I wanted to pursue," Wesley said. "I look forward to joining the current staff and moving the organization toward a successful future."

Wesley worked as a consultant for 13 years in the coaching division of CAA's sports agency, which could play a factor in the Knicks' search for their new head coach. It could especially bode well for Tom Thibodeau, who has been considered one of the top candidates for the Knicks since their start began. Thibodeau has had a close relationship with Rose for two decades, as the former Coach of the Year was a client of Rose's at CAA for many years.

When Rose was first announced as president of the Knicks, it was reported that Wesley wouldn't be joining him with the Knicks, after "internal discussions" within the organization decided it wouldn't happen. However, the Knicks said they would have a position for Wesley should he decide he wanted to take a front office role, and it appears they found him one.

I don’t know if things will change much with his college recruiting. That might have been one of his requirements to take the job or the Knicks might have hired him because of that. I can see him still funneling players to certain schools to see if they are NBA qualified.

I don't think they've named a new coach yet. Maybe the Squid can join his old pal at the Garden.

I don't think they've named a new coach yet. Maybe the Squid can join his old pal at the Garden.
that's first thing i thought. don't think he'd go there but if dolan paid him enough chance some players might actually go to nyc to play

btw, love the avatar...GDTRFB

Reactions: WhatMeWorry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT