ADVERTISEMENT

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs leaked

Manziel has a 32 on the Wonderlic. Einstein would’ve had at least a 40. Surely Einstein would’ve excelled at football because of that.

Reactions: GoldCard
This is no surprise......... I’m sure everyone saw this coming a mile away! There is always a strategic reason that these scores are intentionally leaked. This year that reason happens to be part of the ongoing smear campaign against Lamar. His score is incredibly low, but I’m sure whoever has their crosshairs on him won’t take much stock in this. Releasing the scores is very petty IMO.

Reactions: American Male
Josh Allen: 37 Josh Rosen: 29 Sam Darnold: 28 Baker Mayfield: 25 Lamar Jackson: 13

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...sh-allen-rosen-2018/ybb46fv3x1ex1r4hj3l4j9gtb
I don’t know what they use these scores for. Maybe it’s too see how quickly a kid can pick up the playbook. Either way, Lamar recognizes things on a football field and anticipates like no one I’ve ever seen, except maybe Barry Sanders. The way his mind works in that setting can’t be captured in a written test.

Reason #784 LJ needs an agent. Advocate for him in light of a poor Wonderlic score. Prop him up. Defend him. But, no, his mom won't even return phone calls. Potentially a disaster in the making for Lamar.

Reason #784 LJ needs an agent. Advocate for him in light of a poor Wonderlic score. Prop him up. Defend him. But, no, his mom won't even return phone calls. Potentially a disaster in the making for Lamar.

Or a blessing in disguise. His God given talent speaks for itself and he does have that Heisman in his back pocket. No defense needed for that. And sometimes it is best not to talk or say to much.

Does that test test his heart, arm strength, reflexes, or football savvy? The whole package matters does it not?

I’m always dubious of “leaked” information. Who leaked and why? Maybe someone is trying to help someone with their contract. Perhaps by making the competition look bad. Plus how important is the “test” for a football player? AND how accurate is the “leaked” info? Legit questions.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

and would have had him at least a little more prepared for the test

Reactions: CardX

Trying to figure out why he thinks his mom as his rep is a good idea?

No real wat to prepare for that test.

Not true, it is a standardized test and there are thousands of sample questions out there. They repeat often. They are not hard to recognize if you have seen them before. No matter, it is not a hard test. An agent would have helped with that.

Reactions: CardX
Not true, it is a standardized test and there are thousands of sample questions out there. They repeat often. They are not hard to recognize if you have seen them before. No matter, it is not a hard test. An agent would have helped with that.
I've taken it. They are simple questions. Your score is based on how many you can answer in the allotted time. More like an IQ test than the SAT.

Trying to figure out why he thinks his mom as his rep is a good idea?

Gil Brandt this morning on SiriusXM NFL Radio said he is very difficult to get in contact with...he is the Former Dallas Cowboys GM-(and the GodFather should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame...Drafted Players like Roger Staubach, Bob Hayes, Bob Lilly, Rayfield Wright, Tony Dorsett...etc...etc...Pro Football Hall of Famers).

He is now in charge of inviting players to the NFL Draft...said it is almost impossible to reach Lamar Jackson...said Felicia Jones-(Lamar Mom is a wonderful lady) But they just don’t answer the phone.

I've taken it. They are simple questions. Your score is based on how many you can answer in the allotted time. More like an IQ test than the SAT.

Lamar Jackson got a 13 on it reportedly...Dan Marino scored a 16 on the same test...last year DeShaun Watson got the lower score for QB by far...it is what it is....

Watson still got a 20 which was pretty close to average.

Yeah...it was still the lowest of all the QB in 2017...Also just a hunch...Watson probably prepared for it much better than Jackson since he had an agent.

LJ Can overcome it with his work on the Whiteboard when he finally goes on his visits with NFL Teams...and again Marino & Terry Bradshaw only had a 16....Jim Kelly scored a 15 and Donovan McNabb a 14...again it is what it is...

Yeah...it was still the lowest of all the QB in 2017...Also just a hunch...Watson probably prepared for it much better than Jackson since he had an agent.

LJ Can overcome it with his work on the Whiteboard when he finally goes on his visits with NFL Teams...and again Marino & Terry Bradshaw only had a 16....Jim Kelly scored a 15 and Donovan McNabb a 14...again it is what it is...
Listening to the National pundits teams are having a hard time setting up meetings with him. He is going to get paid but you have to wonder how much money he is leaving on the table by not hiring a Professional to help him through the process.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Listening to the National pundits teams are having a hard time setting up meetings with him. He is going to get paid but you have to wonder how much money he is leaving on the table by not hiring a Professional to help him through the process.

Truth....it is crazy....and IMO a huge mistake....they are talking about this on Over the Air and on satellite radio ....

Blaine Gabbert scored a 42...
I am sure it impresses some but means nothing to others. Lamar was going to have detractors from the start-every NFL exec has to think he knows what he is doing. Even when he doesn’t. When you have a franchise QB you look like a genius. When you don’t, you look like an idiot.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Ripping a 10 yd sideline pass outweighs a 40 on the test.

This is like a test drive for a car, or an open house before a home purchase. It gives the buyer something to haggle about.

These guys are nothing but tools for the NFL to use to make money. Why should they help the NFL cut their worth? Every player is a gamble. There are no “locks”. Anybody can get hurt and never be the same.

Make em pay upfront and get all you can without hurting your own chances.

Reactions: SoulSr
Ripping a 10 yd sideline pass outweighs a 40 on the test.

This is like a test drive for a car, or an open house before a home purchase. It gives the buyer something to haggle about.

These guys are nothing but tools for the NFL to use to make money. Why should they help the NFL cut their worth? Every player is a gamble. There are no “locks”. Anybody can get hurt and never be the same.

Make em pay upfront and get all you can without hurting your own chances.
Well because NFL careers are not really long, you want to get as much money as you can get early. You may not have a chance to prove yourself later. Too much risk with injuries.

I thought I remember that Brian Brohm scored pretty high but apparently it doesn’t guarantee success.

It is a tool...nothing more nothing less...Hall of Fame QB like Marino, Bradshaw and Jim Kelly pretty much got the same score that Jackson reportedly received.

Do you know...apparently Ozzie Newsome and the Baltimore Ravens LOVE Lamar Jackson...keep that in mind...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT