ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if we lost Orange Bowl bid yesterday.

I am also hearing that H2H is not as important as who will be the highest rated ACC team after Clemson. We know it won't be us now by virtue of FSU beating a ranked Florida team.

I have heard highest CFP ranking as well. Of course, H2H is supposed to be a big factor in that ranking...

Don't necessarily agree, but all the more reason not to aim too high...

This season was supposed to be a 11-1 team culminating in the Orange bowl.
This is the ACC. The Cards arent here to get participation trophys. Theyre here to win the ACC.

Fans have every right to expect top notch play for 12 games by a top 20 team.

This season was supposed to be a 11-1 team culminating in the Orange bowl.
This is the ACC. The Cards arent here to get participation trophys. Theyre here to win the ACC.

Fans have every right to expect top notch play for 12 games by a top 20 team.
Again, this is simply a "which bowl" debate at this point. not about season's expectations. After 12 games, you play the hand you've been dealt. And if that's two pair, you don't posture like you've a got a full house because that bowl opponent will call your bluff by showing up.

But 11-1 was WAY beyond expectations coming in, and no one but our fans with fan goggles on were predicting that. Forget about the OB... Hell, you might as well predicted a playoff berth--which we would have had at 11-1--if you expected that...

If the H2H win is giving Louisville any favor over FSU for the Orange, you'd have to rationalize that FSU being far closer to Miami/larger fan base to bring has to be considered. The playoff is based on merit which makes more money by defult, and everything else is based on how much money can we make while appearing to base off of merit.

Louisville has the H2H...7-1 conference record vs. 5-3 conference record...Brings 25-30K Fans for 3-5 Days vs. FSU bringing 30K Fans for ONE Day...If its ALL about MONEY, who would the city of Miami WANT!?!?!?

:cool:

Louisville has the H2H...7-1 conference record vs. 5-3 conference record...Brings 25-30K Fans for 3-5 Days vs. FSU bringing 30K Fans for ONE Day...If its ALL about MONEY, who would the city of Miami WANT!?!?!?

:cool:

We bought out our allotment of tickets for the NYE game in Indianapolis vs Indiana, which I read on the basketball board is about 20k fans. With so many going to that, and fans all pissed off at Bobby for losing to UK, pulling another 25-30k fans to Miami isn't as likely.

I concede your point about the flights & hotel stays. Tallahassee is 7 hours away, so I'm thinking many of their fans will stay in Miami and need hotels, meals, etc as well although to a lesser extent b/c our entire fanbase will travel vs a fraction of theirs and our fanbase will probably stay longer.

I think FSU finished stronger but I recall when we were starting to play better than Clemson that everyone said the head to head mattered most. What has changed? Doesn't the entire season matter equally? Some devils advocate but some we are just as good as FSU over entire season?

Reactions: American Male
Yes, but you are always doomed, if you lose your last 2 games, It is what people remember, because most have limited memories!

Its not the Orange Bowl picking who goes there but rather the committee. FSU would ensure the game is a sell out because of the huge FSU alumni base within just an hour of Miami. There are more FSUs down there than are in Tallahassee.

But I dont believe that is even a factor. They go by CFB ranking but I think there is some discretion to make the "best" matchups.

until Louisville decides to field a COMPETENT offensive line, and until Louisville decides to have a running game with a running back, we will always be a russel athletic bowl, citrus bowl team. Hopefully the coaches who get paid to teach actually teaches the kids how to stand up and block without false starting or holding every play, then we can talk CFP and or Orange bowl.

until Louisville decides to field a COMPETENT offensive line, and until Louisville decides to have a running game with a running back, we will always be a russel athletic bowl, citrus bowl team. Hopefully the coaches who get paid to teach actually teaches the kids how to stand up and block without false starting or holding every play, then we can talk CFP and or Orange bowl.

Geez Beas, how the heck did UofL ever manage to win 9 games with such bad coaching and bad offensive line players?

You need to let it go before you have a sickness you can't shake. I worry about your health man....I really do. Life is much more important than some darn FB game.

Gotta go.....my pastor just called me to help out with some lost soul mumbling about how far ND has fallen and he can't take it anymore....needs some mental support til it passes out of his system.;):)

Geez Beas, how the heck did UofL ever manage to win 9 games with such bad coaching and bad offensive line players?

You need to let it go before you have a sickness you can't shake. I worry about your health man....I really do. Life is much more important than some darn FB game.

Gotta go.....my pastor just called me to help out with some lost soul mumbling about how far ND has fallen and he can't take it anymore....needs some mental support til it passes out of his system.;):)

this is the most disgusting display of line play in the history of university of louisville football.
KINDA HARD TO LET IT GO !!!

this is the most disgusting display of line play in the history of university of louisville football.
KINDA HARD TO LET IT GO !!!

Does it make you feel better to hold onto it? If so.....might be time to seek help. :(

Life is so much easier when you :) at what life throws at you rather than :(.

Your choice.....but man, we love ya anyway....just trying to cheer you up.:D :cool:

Does it make you feel better to hold onto it? If so.....might be time to seek help. :(

Life is so much easier when you :) at what life throws at you rather than :(.

Your choice.....but man, we love ya anyway....just trying to cheer you up.:D :cool:
what is sad is that the way Louisville fans just accept subpar play and never address it. we stink. I am happy, ready for vegas this weekend.

I wish i could be as happy about our offensive line as you are.

IF WE HAD THE SAME LINE WESTERN KENTUCKY HAS WE WOULD BE COMPETING FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

but since klenakis is at louisville and we accept mediocre football, we will be stuck with the russel athletic bowl.

Well it looks like nuckle heads are going to be nuckle heads. I trust that CRP knows much more about football than any fan on a message board and have faith in him to make the changes necessary to improve the performance of his team.

Peace to ya brother......just let it go.....life will be much better for ya.

I don't know how folks will feel about this, but I'm thinking Alabama flat out lerns Florida a good'un, taking the shine off of FSU's win over them and we jump over. I just have a feeling.

Let us find redemption & peace in the Orange Bowl! A whole month to practice, watch film, for Bobby to yell at people, for people to heal up while Bobby yells at them.....the bowl is yet to be selected and the game is yet to be played so the next month could surprise some people.

Reactions: BPGhost
Orange is gone but Citrus is a solid bowl against an SEC team. Get healthy and close out with a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT