ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder if we lost Orange Bowl bid yesterday.

Kratz

2500+
Nov 18, 2001
It is an ACC tie in. Assuming Clemson beats VT, they're in playoffs.

That leaves Orange Bowl committee to pick which ACC team they want. Up until yesterday we were the logical choice. But then we got beat by an unranked and FSU beat a top 15 ranked Florida team.

We came in second place in our division over FSU, and beat them head to head. However the committee can choose who they want. They're not obligated to go with next in line statistically.

No, I'm not comfortable. If I'm on the OB committee, I'm probably leaning towards FSU/Michigan.

Reactions: Red Rager
FSU will be ranked ahead of us, so yes we lost the Orange Bowl bid. So there definitely wasn't the "disinterested" excuse yesterday.

Of course they lost it.

Didnt need to play in it anyways.

Other than bragging rights.......does it really matter what bowl you go to? The money from a bowl is almost a break even deal. The big thing about going to a bowl is the extra practice that your team gets. It lets the coaches work with young planers. That's my take........

Other than bragging rights.......does it really matter what bowl you go to? The money from a bowl is almost a break even deal. The big thing about going to a bowl is the extra practice that your team gets. It lets the coaches work with young planers. That's my take........

Its the last game of the season.
It could springboard you into next season.
Recruits watch
Extra practices
The Orange bowl is prestigious. You earn the right to go.
Cards deserve the Humanitarian award bowl.

Reactions: ACCCard
The Citrus Bowl kicks off at 11am New Years Eve. Of course the UofL vs IU bball game tips at noon that day. So that matters. The bowl game will be sparsely attended im afraid.

So it means Russell Athletic bowl vs West Virginia.
Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

FSU will be ranked ahead of us, so yes we lost the Orange Bowl bid. So there definitely wasn't the "disinterested" excuse yesterday.
While Louisville did whip us on the field a huge factor is how a team is playing right now. Plus, the Orange Bowl knows it won't have any problem selling tickets if FSU is in the game. It is too bad for Louisville. I wonder if there was a little bit of a hangover from the Houston game. Offensively Louisville was fine but I was shocked at how many points Kentucky scored on Louisville's defense. Your defense was really stout against us and held us to 20 points.

I predict Tax Slayer, Citrus or Russell Athletics Bowl for Louisville and all of those Bowls are quality bowls with interesting matchups.

Reactions: American Male
Reactions: The Public Enemy
The best part of the game was when JBone did the stats at half time. And a trip to Newport to see the Ark would have been been more interesting and realistic.

Reactions: BPGhost
Not sure I would want the OB now just to be beat. FSU does deserve it they improved as the season progressed and we regressed. Fatigue, hurt players who knows but one things fore sure there was serious confusion on the D and I would like to know why.

I would have never dreamed we would have been in the Orange Bowl early in the season when we were struggling. I am really proud of our team that we kept battling and improving. Hopefully each of our teams will rep the ACC well during Bowl season.
Best of luck you guys earned it.

Even if we don't replace the DC, how do we address the poor fundamental tackling, the lack of discipline (personal fouls) and the too often procedure calls? Are these positional issues or does it come from the top?

I wouldn't expect Grantham to be replaced because of this back half collapse. Up until 12 days ago everyone was lauding the Cards' defense as being one of the best in the country. These last two games are what they are but be careful what you ask for.

Not sure I would want the OB now just to be beat. FSU does deserve it they improved as the season progressed and we regressed. Fatigue, hurt players who knows but one things fore sure there was serious confusion on the D and I would like to know why.
Part of it is the defense has a number of NFL draft guys not all but you know a few don't want to risk injury before the combine and the draft.

Most things I'm seeing are Citrus vs Tennessee.

Orange is FSU/Michigan

If the H2H win is giving Louisville any favor over FSU for the Orange, you'd have to rationalize that FSU being far closer to Miami/larger fan base to bring has to be considered. The playoff is based on merit which makes more money by defult, and everything else is based on how much money can we make while appearing to base off of merit.

My preference is that ACC teams be slotted where they put the best foot forward for the conference. If you hold out hope for the OB against a team like Michigan, be careful what you wish for.

I'll give about ten seconds of consideration to attending a good bowl game vs. watching a mostly meaningless December basketball exhibition...

Too many fans think of just winning the national title and thats it. The Orange Bowl is very prestigious and would give UL an opportunity to show that its program is progressing for the long term. I think this years bowl game is important to build momentum heading into Signing Day and how teams finish in the final polls. Clemson helped itself a few years back beating OSU in the OB. That momentum carried over. The ACC needs another strong team in football to step up consistently not just one year.

I'm with Zipp. Be careful what you wish for. The way we've been playing lately, Michigan would destroy us.

Would you rather get destroyed in the Orange Bowl and end the season on a 3 game skid, or beat an SEC team on New Years Day?

FSU deserves the OB over us. They finished strong, we finished poorly. They're higher ranked, and deservedly so.

Give a month to heal, practice, get things right again then go beat the Vols. We mostly recruit the south, so a lot of potential recruits will notice that.

Reactions: zipp
Kinda torn on what I would like to see. OB would be great against a big time opponent but if we get hammered it will make us look like posers [as if the last two games didnt]. On the other hand, win the OB and it looks like we righted the ship. Even the Citrus against Florida or Auburn would be solid right now.

Florida will be in the Sugar. They won the East. Bama is going to the playoff, so Florida will get the Sugar Bowl spot.

Our likely opponent in citrus would be Tenn, Auburn or loser of Penn State/Wisconsin game. Winner of that game gets Rose bowl.

Florida will be in the Sugar. They won the East. Bama is going to the playoff, so Florida will get the Sugar Bowl spot.

Our likely opponent in citrus would be Tenn, Auburn or loser of Penn State/Wisconsin game. Winner of that game gets Rose bowl.
Not so fast my friend. The Sugar Bowl is committed to the SEC champion or the next highest ranked SEC team. Florida having lost to FSU and presumably Alabama in the title game may give Auburn the nod for the Sugar Bowl if they surpass Florida.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT