ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA to Nashville?

mwatson61

Four-Star Poster
Jun 14, 2005
Louisville
Once again, our city leaders are missing the boat. Instead of the pipe dream of the NBA to Louisville, you’d think the Yum! Center management would be pushing hard for this opportunity since they need dates filled in their arena.

I would rather have the WNBA in Louisville instead of the NBA. It would be good entertainment and it wouldn’t cost the tax payers as much.
Sounds as if those pushing for the NBA are in the NBA or bust mode. Guess what it’s going to be bust. Would love to see the WNBA here. Would attend those over the NBA. But the Cards will always remain #1!

College basketball and NBA franchises are at polar opposites. It’s not both to be successful in the same market but we must make a choice and Louisville has chosen UofL basketball and sports over professional basketball. I believe it is the correct choice.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
College basketball and NBA franchises are at polar opposites. It’s not both to be successful in the same market but we must make a choice and Louisville has chosen UofL basketball and sports over professional basketball. I believe it is the correct choice.

GO CARDS!!!
This is where they are looking to go:

• San Francisco
  • Toronto
  • Philadelphia
  • Charlotte
  • Miami
  • Nashville
We have a dedicated facility for them (Freedom Hall) and we have fan support. I, for the life of me, can't understand why our local Pro Sports Commission hasn't picked up this ball and run with it. The WNBA plays when college doesn't. It's not going to detract from Louisville's college fan base. Yes, the six cities mentioned above are larger metropolitan areas than Louisville, but just how many show up for -- let's say -- Vanderbilt WBB home games, or Miami Canes WBB home games?

Our major size might be smaller but I do believe we have a larger fan base than any of the six cities mentioned. Now that things are opening up for full attendance, I think we'd be a good addition to the WNBA.

--sonja--

Reactions: Bardman
While I appreciate the WNBA push, especially for Louisville, Sonja, no one in Louisville has the chutzpah to try to go for a WNBA team here. This city and its people don't care. The movers and shakers don't care either.

BTW, there aren't many movers and shakers left, ... of any sort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT