ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA -- Jaz Hits the Court -- Angel and Aces win

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
In WNBA action last night, Jazmine Jones saw her first court-time of the season and responded with eight points in the New York Liberty's 93-80 loss to Dallas. The Cardinal great also had a nifty steal and, after getting her first WNBA points, was also fouled and called for a technical. Apparently her exuberance after the score and drawn foul did not meet with the approval of referee Cardinal fans have come to groan and roll their eyes at -- (Eric Brewton). You don't often see a triple like that -- basket, foul and technical.

Kylee Shook wasn't an offensive threat for New York last night but did have a couple of rebounds and played solid defense.

In the late game, Angel McCoughtry and her Las Vegas Aces gave the Atlanta Dream (her old team) a nightmare with a 100-70 win. Angel had 12 points and seven rebounds.

Defense appears to be optional for Atlanta, they've given up 95 and 100 points in their first two games.

Tonight, the Washington Mystics and Myisha Hines-Allen get the early game with a 6 p.m. tip against Seattle. It'll be a battle between two of the three still undefeated teams in the WNBA.

--sonja--

Kylee still looks like a deer caught in the headlights or as CJWs used to say Tiptoeing through the tulips. Hopefully she settles in moving forward or I fear she won’t last.

I worry about her apparent lack of speed/quickness and reluctance to attack the boards like many of the women of her size in the WNBA. I hope my concern is misplaced and she starts doing well.

Reactions: mwatson61
Friday night was a big night for Angel, Jaz and Kylee.

Even though all three were on the losing end of the court great individual efforts.

Angel was the leading scorer for the Aces in 23 minutes of play. Jaz was the leading scorer for the Liberty with 20 points on 6-10 shooting and connecting on 2 of her 4 threes. She was her hustling self creating havoc all over the court.

Like Jaz, Kylee came of the bench and was the initial spark for New York bringing them back from an 13 point deficit. Kylee in 23 minutes of play had 9 points, 4 boards, 2 assists and 2 blocks. Lots of high praise for Jaz and Kylee as well as Coach Walz.

Really proud of our WBB program. Myisha up tonight.

Myisha doing well in the first half with nine points and eight rebounds. Mystics leading the Sky by 2 points.

Myisha ends with a double/double 13 points and 12 rebounds (also 3 assists and 3 steals) but Washington went cold in the third and they lost by 2. Exciting game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT