ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Draft Tonight

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Tonight's primetime show on tv is the WNBA Draft. This year's draft, which will be held virtually, will air at 7:00 p.m., and will be shown on ESPN.

Dana Evans is one of the top prospects in the draft and some experts believe she will be taken sixth overall to the New York Liberty, joining Asia Durr, Jazmine Jones, and Kylee Shook. Evans is without a doubt one of the best players in Louisville history. There is some speculation she might be headed to Chicago, as well, which would put her closer to her hometown of Gary, IN. Some sources see her as a Dallas draftee as well.

Charli Collier from Texas is the heavy favorite to go first to the Dallas Wings. After that, there is debate on how the next few picks will go.

Dana on the draft:

"I've just been trying to keep myself super busy, because I'm really nervous," said Evans. "But I'm really excited about it, too. This is something I've been working for since I started playing the game. Coach Walz has definitely made sure that I was ready and I was prepared. Just using what he's taught me, and the different ways that he motivated me to get better, and take that with me to the next level. "Knowing that young girls see that I'm from Gary and I did it and they can do it too, that makes me really happy," said Evans.

Since the Cards’ season ended, Evans returned to Gary. She selected an agent, talked to WNBA teams on Zoom calls and worked on her game.

“The questions that they ask are, ‘If you had to do a scouting report on yourself, what would it be?’ Evans said. “What are some things that you can work on? What are some things that your strengths are? Do you see yourself as the One (point guard) or do you see yourself as the One and the Two (point and shooting guard).

“I think I was pretty much prepared for those questions. I was asked questions like that this season from the media and I was pretty prepared for it.”

Best of luck to Dana tonight in the draft!

--sonja--

Last edited:
Reactions: CardsFirst
Best of luck Dana!! I’m hoping for the Liberty! It will be Cards North.

Reactions: Sonja
What the heck is going on? She wasn’t even picked in the 1st round! And there was at least one 5’6” guard taken so it ain’t height!

Good for her. The whole league just built a massive chip on her shoulder.

Wow. I know she’s disappointed...heck I am for her. Go knock them out Dana. Love to see her as a coach some day.

ADVERTISEMENT