ADVERTISEMENT

Will there be fall Collegiate athletics

Do you believe their will be a collegiate bb/fb season ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With their youth and physicial condition, the two players infected will probably feel great after a single long night of great, deep sleep. You could never do it because of what could go wrong, but one almost would think they should throw all the players together in a practice session, get inflected, recover with the antibodies, and be immune for the rest of the year and be done with this.

With their youth and physicial condition, the two players infected will probably feel great after a single long night of great, deep sleep. You could never do it because of what could go wrong, but one almost would think they should throw all the players together in a practice session, get inflected, recover with the antibodies, and be immune for the rest of the year and be done with this.
Can’t tell if you’re joking but now they’re saying, the immunity may only last a few weeks...

Yeah now they are saying you ar only immune for a short period and then you can catch it again.

Yeah now they are saying you ar only immune for a short period and then you can catch it again.
Has Covid-19 been around long enough for proverbial 'them' to know WTF they are talking about? I ask this in all seriousness. Recovery from a virus generally builds antibodies which provide immunity for life. At least it used to. What's frustrating is to hear different experts say basically the same thing but to hear all of the 'analysts interpret it differently. Too darn much politics and not enough common sense.

In the meantime, stay safe, cover up and practice social distancing and it will all blow over IMO.

Has Covid-19 been around long enough for proverbial 'them' to know WTF they are talking about? I ask this in all seriousness. Recovery from a virus generally builds antibodies which provide immunity for life. At least it used to. What's frustrating is to hear different experts say basically the same thing but to hear all of the 'analysts interpret it differently. Too darn much politics and not enough common sense.

In the meantime, stay safe, cover up and practice social distancing and it will all blow over IMO.
Common sense? It’s a new virus. They’re trying to contain an outbreak. They don’t have years of data to know what it does or doesn’t do yet. Yeah, one day it will simply go away... like in the summer.. oh wait it is summer. Wear a mask, stay 6 ft apart and wash hands!

Nobody knows 100% for sure everything that needs to be known about this virus. It's just too new. I read that people who have type O blood are less likely to become infected. How weird is that? Human to human contact is thought to be the main vehicle for the spread but now some 'scientist' are saying it's air born.

Most who contract this virus have mild or NO symptoms. The asymptomatic people are the people who can continue to spread this virus because they don't know they have it. This virus is crazy difficult to contain.

Can’t tell if you’re joking but now they’re saying, the immunity may only last a few weeks...

I'd never actually suggest such a thing due to the law of unintended consequences (ie, an asthmatic player who gets it and dies), but no, I wasn't aware of this. There is so much conflicting information out there and it is all very frustrating. It is an election year, and IMO (to be clear this is just IMO) and you have two predictable sides saying two very different things because of the party in power in the White House. Meanwhile I just want people, all people, to have their jobs yet keep my parents ok. Which political party does that put me in? LOL.

Reactions: Mayoman
I'd never actually suggest such a thing due to the law of unintended consequences (ie, an asthmatic player who gets it and dies), but no, I wasn't aware of this. There is so much conflicting information out there and it is all very frustrating. It is an election year, and IMO (to be clear this is just IMO) and you have two predictable sides saying two very different things because of the party in power in the White House. Meanwhile I just want people, all people, to have their jobs yet keep my parents ok. Which political party does that put me in? LOL.
When WH briefings started about COVID-19 started, the leading expert health person recognized worldwide or at least in the US was Dr. Fauci. He was Trump’s guy or leading authority. Now that Trump doesn’t like what Fauci says because it doesn’t line up with his political agenda, Fauci is no longer a doctor, he’s a left wing extremist??? Let that sink in.

Reactions: earsky
Nobody knows anything about it to be honest. At one point it was said that AA and younger adults were immune too it false.! Now we are supposedly one of the most vulnerable and they saying that the 20-30 year old demographic are the high risk now also . Seems the info changes weekly on it.

The only number that is important is the number of deaths and just assume that everyone is at risk and no one is immune without a vaccine. Actually pretty simple when you get past the BS.

Nobody knows anything about it to be honest. At one point it was said that AA and younger adults were immune too it false.! Now we are supposedly one of the most vulnerable and they saying that the 20-30 year old demographic are the high risk now also . Seems the info changes weekly on it.

I’d recommend you find one or two leading doctors or scientists that are without political pressure to listen to. One doctor I listen to is Dr. Scott Gottleib. He is a former FDA commissioner and gives very clear and coherent information about risks, research, etc. If you are on Twitter he is good to follow. One way to stay safe is stay away from all the noise and trust someone that can synthesize all the information and research.

I’d recommend you find one or two leading doctors or scientists that are without political pressure to listen to. One doctor I listen to is Dr. Scott Gottleib. He is a former FDA commissioner and gives very clear and coherent information about risks, research, etc. If you are on Twitter he is good to follow. One way to stay safe is stay away from all the noise and trust someone that can synthesize all the information and research.
Political pressure? Fauci has been the director of Infectious Diseases since 1984. He’s served under Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump... The guy you’re touting is a big pusher of Phizer, the big drug company and is a current commentator on Fox News, who originally said COVID was a hoax... Yeah, I’ll trust him..

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
The bad thing about Fauci it was revealed about 6 weeks ago he was falsely credited with a treatment for aids. I don’t know how much I can trust a guy who steals someone else’s research.

Political pressure? Fauci has been the director of Infectious Diseases since 1984. He’s served under Bush, Clinton, Obama, Trump... The guy you’re touting is a big pusher of Phizer, the big drug company and is a current commentator on Fox News, who originally said COVID was a hoax... Yeah, I’ll trust him..

I personally like Fauci. My point was that people feel like they can’t trust anyone so they just throw their hands up and do nothing, which is actually doing something. Yes, Dr. Gottleib is on Pfizer’s board, but I’ve found him even handed. I’ve only seen him on CNBC and CBS, not sure about Fox. I don’t watch Fox.

The bad thing about Fauci it was revealed about 6 weeks ago he was falsely credited with a treatment for aids. I don’t know how much I can trust a guy who steals someone else’s research.
Fake news. If that was even remotely close to the truth, do you think he would still be the director? Do you even think if that was true that Trump wouldn’t get rid of him or try to discredit him. He’s not political, he’s a doctor.

Common sense? It’s a new virus. They’re trying to contain an outbreak. They don’t have years of data to know what it does or doesn’t do yet. Yeah, one day it will simply go away... like in the summer.. oh wait it is summer. Wear a mask, stay 6 ft apart and wash hands!
My reference to common sense was directed toward various media types and politicians. I am sorry if I misled you.
I read an article this morning relating to the long term immunity from the virus. Apparently not all viruses produce a lifetime immunity, unlike chicken pox and mumps of my youth.

Also, add worsh your hands to my list of suggestions. That is all I ever heard when I was young. I still use the term to get a rise out of my daughter.

I guess this is one of those instances where I'm more optimistic than the average fan...

I think there WILL be Fall sports at some level (some sports, some schedule) because some students will be allowed to attend classes in person. That last part is essential. If campuses are closed, there won't be sports.

This won't be because opening universities and playing sports are safe or the "right" things to do. Both will be attempted purely for economic reasons.

But while optimistic about that, I doubt that fans will be allowed to attend.

No predictions about how successful the efforts will be, only that they will be attempted...

sports and only those which make a profit on normal years maybe, fans no chance at all before next fall if even then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT