ADVERTISEMENT

Will September 9th be a sellout?

luv2hit63

One-Star Poster
Jun 10, 2010
First, congrats to Dion and the team. Total team effort today. Defense, special teams, offense, all contributed. It was nice not having all the false start penalties as well.

I believe (barring a weather event or a opening season loss to GT in Atlanta) the stadium will be sold out September 9th.

CJB first game. Coming off a impressive bowl victory. For myself, this is the first time I’ve been excited about Louisville Football since #8 was under center.

Glad Satterfield is gone. Extremely excited about CJB coming home.

Last edited:
Reactions: uoflcardsfan
Louisville should take great crowds to Catlanta and Indy. Realistically, we only have 3 true road games next season.

At NC State
At Pitt (NFL stadium)
At Miami (NFL stadium)

Louisville should take great crowds to Catlanta and Indy. Realistically, we only have 3 true road games next season.

At NC State
At Pitt (NFL stadium)
At Miami (NFL stadium)
Have the dates of all the ACC games been announced? Please forgive my laziness for not looking myself

If our defense plays next year the way it did this year combined with Brohm's offense, this team could be scary good next year.

Have the dates of all the ACC games been announced? Please forgive my laziness for not looking myself
No. The games that have been announced are Georgia Tech (9/2), Murray State (9/9), Indiana (9/16) and Kentucky (11/25). Last year the full schedule was announced at the end of January.

Reactions: TPACardsFan
Wife and I will be driving up for the GT game and spending the night. Trying to decide if I can convince her to do the Miami game too.

Reactions: luv2hit63
I realize that we were coming off a terrible season but if we were going to sell out you would have thought it would have happened in SS's first game. New Coach, First game in the newly expanded Stadium, playing ND, and Covid outbreak had not occurred.

So my guess is we will not sell out in JBs first game.

Reactions: cardinalrod
Yes B.P. Last year going 2-8 did not help. The new stadium, playing ND definitely was a bonus. However the hire on CSS for me was a letdown. Especially after the talk of JB potentially being hired.

My point is bringing in JB, and Hopefully defeating a Georgia Tech to start the season would create enough optimism for a full house. And if recruiting ramps up that could help.

Yes B.P. Last year going 2-8 did not help. The new stadium, playing ND definitely was a bonus. However the hire on CSS for me was a letdown. Especially after the talk of JB potentially being hired.

My point is bringing in JB, and Hopefully defeating a Georgia Tech to start the season would create enough optimism for a full house. And if recruiting ramps up that could help.
I hope your right. But you missed one point I also included that I think has impacted attendance and that's Covid. A lot of casual fans, which we need to fill the stadium, got used to not going to the games and watching on TV.

There is still a lot to be determined.

Have to see how free agency goes over the next 2 months. They land a legit QB transfer the excitement will be off the charts.

Have to win the 1st game.

Those things happen then it will be close. Ticket sales have been good so far.

I know quite a few people that have bought season tickets for the first time. Home opener is going to be electric.

I hope your right. But you missed one point I also included that I think has impacted attendance and that's Covid. A lot of casual fans, which we need to fill the stadium, got used to not going to the games and watching on TV.
I had not thought about the impact of Covid as for attending the games in person. In addition I don’t think Murray State will take their allotment of tickets unlike say ND.

I had not thought about the impact of Covid as for attending the games in person. In addition I don’t think Murray State will take their allotment of tickets unlike say ND.

The number of away tickets sold is a factor that is often overlooked. Clemson is the only ACC school that consistently travels in large numbers. UofL and FSU travel decent when things are going ok. Otherwise the other programs are garbage at away games. Most SEC schools travel very well as do Big 10. Having an extra 5k away fans helps a lot in a 60k stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT