ADVERTISEMENT

Will Jeff Brohm ever coach at Louisville again?

His best class was rated #26 and that was only one year into the Big East. The program and recruiting were projecting upward. We were a legitimate top 15 program and spent lots of time in the top 10 including 2 final rankings. Let me know when we get back to that point.
Rankings incorporate class SIZE which biases the results. Star average is the measure of the quality of your recruits.

Like I said, our worst year now is close to the best year we had under Petrino 1.0. Them's the facts per Rivals...

Reactions: gocds
His best class was rated #26 and that was only one year into the Big East. The program and recruiting were projecting upward. We were a legitimate top 15 program and spent lots of time in the top 10 including 2 final rankings. Let me know when we get back to that point.

I think you just need to admit that you don’t like CBP like others have done in this thread. Not sure whom you’d rather have as our head coach but maybe you’d like to educate us to that. Sure there are better head coaches out there but I’m not sure any of them wanted the UofL job when it was open but I’m pretty sure Bobby Petrino was one of Tom Jurich’s best options. Especially after very careful “vetting” by TJ that included lengthy conversations with CBP’s wife and children. Of course, they had forgiven him so they weren’t going to say anything negative. But I’ve been told that TJ had a relationship with the leadership of both the Arkansas and WKU athletic department leaders and that there were extensive conversations with both prior to making the final decision on hiring him. If the “re-hire” was made on his coaching profile then he was probably the best available coach that had any interest in our job. Yes, there have been “situations” with assistant coaches but I know I’m hoping that Coach VanGorder (sp) will be the cure for those past ills. But to go back and attempt to compare our recruiting from 10 + years ago to now is simply silly.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Rankings incorporate class SIZE which biases the results. Star average is the measure of the quality of your recruits.

Like I said, our worst year now is close to the best year we had under Petrino 1.0. Them's the facts per Rivals...
Actually the offers are the best indicator of the quality of recruits. When you get guys that have high level SEC, ACC, or Big Ten offers that means more than some 4 star kid from in the middle of nowhere. I will take a 3 star with offers from Auburn, LSU and Georgia over a 4 star with offers from Kansas State and Indiana. Petrino was going into the SEC and taking their players as with Peanut Whitehead and many others.

At the other extreme, I'm coldly analytical. Petrino could leave tomorrow--again--and I would thank him for his time spent here and look forward to hiring the next coach. .
But then VT would do the hiring, and he’s part of the clown show (now down to their last clown). Would you really look forward to that?

Recruiting sites were really just beginning back then though. It was a lot more likely you'd find a guy who wasn't ranked all that high simply because the services didn't know see him. While the sites still aren't perfect now its unlikely that you will get a class full of 2 star "diamond in the rough" guys and make a great team.

Recruiting sites were really just beginning back then though. It was a lot more likely you'd find a guy who wasn't ranked all that high simply because the services didn't know see him. While the sites still aren't perfect now its unlikely that you will get a class full of 2 star "diamond in the rough" guys and make a great team.
The same standards, weaknesses, and issues applied to everyone then and now. It's relative...

I’m still not sure why this thread is still being debated. I believe it’s been established that Jeff Brohm has started his head coaching career off to a great start and I’m happy for him. But it’s also been established that UofL has a very successful head coach. I have no desire to go forward with replacing Bobby Petrino at this point and NO he is not on any hot seat. So let’s move on to ALL rooting for Cardinal football in CARDINAL Stadium this upcoming season and hoping that Purdue under the direction of Jeff Brohm continues to be successful. Pretty simple.

Reactions: Mayoman
I’m still not sure why this thread is still being debated. I believe it’s been established that Jeff Brohm has started his head coaching career off to a great start and I’m happy for him. But it’s also been established that UofL has a very successful head coach. I have no desire to go forward with replacing Bobby Petrino at this point and NO he is not on any hot seat. So let’s move on to ALL rooting for Cardinal football in CARDINAL Stadium this upcoming season and hoping that Purdue under the direction of Jeff Brohm continues to be successful. Pretty simple.

Did you post this before or after the WKU game? You’re saying that Bobby’s seat is not warming up?

Did you post this before or after the WKU game? You’re saying that Bobby’s seat is not warming up?

Please look at the date of the post (back in July). And, yes, Bobby’s seat got “warm” last night, not hot.

To STILL be seriously discussing replacing Petrino with Brohm is laughable, if not psycho...

If Bobby doesn't win 6 games this year Jeff Brohm will be the Louisville football coach NEXT YEAR! I can guarantee it.

Reactions: EKYCard643
ESPN's updated prediction (FPI) is for Purdue to go 4-8. As I said, LOL...

I agree with zipp. The new regime isnt going to pay petrino 13million to go away and they shouldnt. Plus even if you fire him they arent going to pay the new coach 5-6million a year. Plus it would be dumb to fire him for a OC or DC.

Reactions: zipp
I agree with zipp. The new regime isnt going to pay petrino 13million to go away and they shouldnt. Plus even if you fire him they arent going to pay the new coach 5-6million a year. Plus it would be dumb to fire him for a OC or DC.
Hell, I'm not sure Jurich would have paid that. And he had a LOT more money to work with...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT