ADVERTISEMENT

Will Jeff Brohm ever coach at Louisville again?

Did you also move the goalposts in Petrino's favor when Wake and NC State improved? Or do you just move them in one direction?...

I don't count the NC st game against Petrino as much as I would have previously. We still should have beaten Wake though. It would be nice to not go into every game against good teams and just expect a loss though. Since Petrino's first year that seems to be the case.

I don't count the NC st game against Petrino as much as I would have previously. We still should have beaten Wake though. It would be nice to not go into every game against good teams and just expect a loss though. Since Petrino's first year that seems to be the case.
Then, the NC State game is an easier 9th win we would have notched before.

And if you're complaining about nine wins--or the equivalent--in the ACC, you just wanna complain...

Reactions: Morgantown Card
...Now people are making excuses already saying 6 and 7 wins are a possibility because the schedule is hard...
I think objective people are also considering that we lost a Heisman Trophy winner and one of the best players in the history of college football at the most important position on the field.

Gee, I can't see why that would matter?... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Morgantown Card

Don't know who you are hearing this from....from my vantage point this is utter BS.

Pretty much the folks that post on this site want to win every game and concede no game in my experience.....but we are realistic with where the Cards are right now in the P5 overall and in the ACC.

As a norm, Card fans don't expect to lose any game in any sport. Sorry you have that perception.....but perception is just subjective reality. Some have it accurately and some don't.

Reactions: gocds
I think objective people are also considering that we lost a Heisman Trophy winner and one of the best players in the history of college football at the most important position on the field.

Gee, I can't see why that would matter?... :rolleyes:

Thats all understandable but we didn't have the great 10-11 and 11 win seasons with the Heisman Trophy winner. Last season was a favorable schedule to have huge season. The staff choked that away. Now instead of having goodwill going into the tougher schedule next year we are looking at having 2 disappointing seasons in a row.

Reactions: wilkie01
Then, the NC State game is an easier 9th win we would have notched before.

And if you're complaining about nine wins--or the equivalent--in the ACC, you just wanna complain...

Why should we need the competition to suck before we can beat them?

Why should we need the competition to suck before we can beat them?
You're changing the debate again--or trying to. You said you didn't count the NC State game against Petrino this past season. Now you wanna undersell the prior games. You're just determined to be unhappy.

And that BTW is your prerogative, your opinion. The mistake you make is trying to ground it in actual results. Don't go there. Just say you feel unhappy or dissatisfied, that you wanna be better. No one can argue how you feel or what you want if that's just your attitude. I might ask why you feel entitled to more, but I can't say you don't feel it. Only you know that...

You're changing the debate again--or trying to. You said you didn't count the NC State game against Petrino this past season. Now you wanna undersell the prior games. You're just determined to be unhappy.

And that BTW is your prerogative, your opinion. The mistake you make is trying to ground it in actual results. Don't go there. Just say you feel unhappy or dissatisfied, that you wanna be better. No one can argue how you feel or what you want if that's just your attitude. I might ask why you feel entitled to more, but I can't say you don't feel it. Only you know that...

I said I didn't count the game against him as much as I would have before. Its still another loss against another good team to go up against the one FSU win. If Clemson becomes a bottom feeder in 5 years and we start beating them then it doesn't mean as much as now when they are competing for titles.

My issue isn't that Petrino has been bad because he hasn't. Its that I think we've stopped moving forward and are stagnating as a program. Next year is looking like a year we barely make a bowl game, who know what the next year will look like. We took the Heisman trophy winner and could only win 9 games. The biggest memory of that season will be tanking at the end of the year and losing to UK.

Well, then look at the upside... You're now better than FSU--I'm hoping for a 3rd in a row this season--and you acknowledge that a headliner program like Clemson could someday be under our thumb. If you're "stagnant", you're at least stagnant at a respectable level.

The problem with some of our fans is they wanna go from zero-to-Alabama. You're impatient. The coaches wanna be that way too, but they don't wanna be irrational--start booting players and assistants. You have to understand what's reasonable in the way of progress. I'm convinced the coaches know that at season's end; not so sure about fans...

I said I didn't count the game against him as much as I would have before. Its still another loss against another good team to go up against the one FSU win. If Clemson becomes a bottom feeder in 5 years and we start beating them then it doesn't mean as much as now when they are competing for titles.

My issue isn't that Petrino has been bad because he hasn't. Its that I think we've stopped moving forward and are stagnating as a program. Next year is looking like a year we barely make a bowl game, who know what the next year will look like. We took the Heisman trophy winner and could only win 9 games. The biggest memory of that season will be tanking at the end of the year and losing to UK.

I don’t normally “attempt to read between the lines” but your responses tempt me something terrible. There are reasons UofL fans don’t like Bobby Petrino. Like, they don’t like the way he left here back in 2006 to go to the Falcons (count me as one of those). Or you don’t like the way he left the Falcons 10 months later (who cares-it’s the NFL). Or you don’t like Bobby because of the situation when he left Arkansas. Or, and I saved the best for last, he ain’t from Trinity H.S. (But his kids did go there). With all of this being said, if YOU DON’T LIKE BOBBY because of his coaching then you simply don’t know football. He is an excellent tactician of offensive football and is recognized as such by experts throughout football. Yes, his defenseive situation is, indeed, troubling but is this a real reason to want a guy that averages 8.5 wins a year in a P5 conference to be on the “hot seat”? When he came back here four years ago Tom Jurich spent hours and hours discussing Bobby’s personal situation with his wife. Yeah, that’s right, with his wife. Tom wanted assurance that their personal situation was in a good place and apparently Tom was pleased with the responses he received. Unless you wanted someone else that might not have shown the loyalty to UofL and our community that Bobby has shown then I’d like to know whom you’d rather Tom Jurich have hired back then. I’m of the opinon that you go after the best possible coach available and that’s exactly what Tom Jurich did. If Bobby’s wife and family and his God forgave him for his misdeeds in his personal life then who am I to hold a grudge against him. He continues to prove his ability as a coach that is anything BUT stagnant.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I don’t normally “attempt to read between the lines” but your responses tempt me something terrible. There are reasons UofL fans don’t like Bobby Petrino. Like, they don’t like the way he left here back in 2006 to go to the Falcons (count me as one of those). Or you don’t like the way he left the Falcons 10 months later (who cares-it’s the NFL). Or you don’t like Bobby because of the situation when he left Arkansas. Or, and I saved the best for last, he ain’t from Trinity H.S. (But his kids did go there). With all of this being said, if YOU DON’T LIKE BOBBY because of his coaching then you simply don’t know football. He is an excellent tactician of offensive football and is recognized as such by experts throughout football. Yes, his defenseive situation is, indeed, troubling but is this a real reason to want a guy that averages 8.5 wins a year in a P5 conference to be on the “hot seat”? When he came back here four years ago Tom Jurich spent hours and hours discussing Bobby’s personal situation with his wife. Yeah, that’s right, with his wife. Tom wanted assurance that their personal situation was in a good place and apparently Tom was pleased with the responses he received. Unless you wanted someone else that might not have shown the loyalty to UofL and our community that Bobby has shown then I’d like to know whom you’d rather Tom Jurich have hired back then. I’m of the opinon that you go after the best possible coach available and that’s exactly what Tom Jurich did. If Bobby’s wife and family and his God forgave him for his misdeeds in his personal life then who am I to hold a grudge against him. He continues to prove his ability as a coach that is anything BUT stagnant.

You are right about one thing, I don't like Bobby Petrino and I did not want him rehired. I root for him because he is our football coach and I will continue to do so as long as he is our coach. Because I don't like him though I see no reason to sugarcoat things or make excuses for his shortcomings. He was a jerk during his first stint but he at least had he had the college football establishment scared that we were coming.

I don't care that his wife took him back or that his family and god forgave him. That means nothing when it comes to wins and losses. I'd hope he would not be so stupid to hire his mistress again and if he was cheating again he would atleast be smarter about it. Petrino hasn't proven loyalty to us yet. We gave him a life line when nobody else would. Nobody who is willing to pay him more than us has come around yet and as long as we stay where we are now nobody will.

Jurich was in a tough situation when Strong left. Petrino had the support of a large portion of the fanbase since a bunch of people where still pining for him during Strong's tenure. No other coach would have gotten a fair shot. When we choked against Uva that first year the fans would have jumped all over any coach not named Petrino.

What about his abysmal record vs the top 25 proves his great coaching ability? Our fans have an insane weak spot for Petrino. Whereas another coach would have been criticized he gets away with doing. People talk about how loyal he is but why would he leave? He makes a bunch of money, can hire his family members, and has low expectations. The Petrino foundation is a PR move to show he is a changed person to fans who want to believe that he came back out of loyal rather than us being by far the best job he was going to get.

You are right about one thing, I don't like Bobby Petrino and I did not want him rehired. I root for him because he is our football coach and I will continue to do so as long as he is our coach. Because I don't like him though I see no reason to sugarcoat things or make excuses for his shortcomings. He was a jerk during his first stint but he at least had he had the college football establishment scared that we were coming.

I don't care that his wife took him back or that his family and god forgave him. That means nothing when it comes to wins and losses. I'd hope he would not be so stupid to hire his mistress again and if he was cheating again he would atleast be smarter about it. Petrino hasn't proven loyalty to us yet. We gave him a life line when nobody else would. Nobody who is willing to pay him more than us has come around yet and as long as we stay where we are now nobody will.

Jurich was in a tough situation when Strong left. Petrino had the support of a large portion of the fanbase since a bunch of people where still pining for him during Strong's tenure. No other coach would have gotten a fair shot. When we choked against Uva that first year the fans would have jumped all over any coach not named Petrino.

What about his abysmal record vs the top 25 proves his great coaching ability? Our fans have an insane weak spot for Petrino. Whereas another coach would have been criticized he gets away with doing. People talk about how loyal he is but why would he leave? He makes a bunch of money, can hire his family members, and has low expectations. The Petrino foundation is a PR move to show he is a changed person to fans who want to believe that he came back out of loyal rather than us being by far the best job he was going to get.

You are going to be negative regardless of what anyone says about Petrino and your comments prove just that. You are determined to be a hater and there isn’t anything I, or anyone else, can say that is going to change your mind or to educate you as to the truth. I’m finished with you in the thread. Good luck to you with that attitude you’ll need it.

Reactions: Mayoman
You are going to be negative regardless of what anyone says about Petrino and your comments prove just that. You are determined to be a hater and there isn’t anything I, or anyone else, can say that is going to change your mind or to educate you as to the truth. I’m finished with you in the thread. Good luck to you with that attitude you’ll need it.

Good tries gcds. Something is missing in his life to have such negative views over something as a local CFB team that in the grand scheme of life, is really not that important.

My fall back position for those of that ilk is to just pray for them. It must be miserable to go through life with such discontent and ill feelings towards others.

Reactions: gocds
You are right about one thing, I don't like Bobby Petrino and I did not want him rehired.

Really this is all that you needed to say. I think everyone will accept your position on that.

When you analyze his results do you take into consideration the HS talent accessible to him in the state of KY?

Do you consider the transition from minor league football scheduling to P5 the program has embarked on since his arrival?

You seem to demand 10+ wins seasons here or there, can you tell us WHY you expect that to happen?

What coach are you replacing him with that holds a better resume than his? Or, are you just saying, roll the dice?

Now the truth comes out...

The big mistake you made with Petrino 1.0--and other fans do the same with other coaches--is you fell in love with him. Then, when he turned out to be a "jerk" in your POV and later left, you were personally offended. You were a self appointed family member, the actual ones of which can now forgive him even if you can't. So you're biased.

At the other extreme, I'm coldly analytical. Petrino could leave tomorrow--again--and I would thank him for his time spent here and look forward to hiring the next coach. The biggest thing I would miss about Petrino is the value he represents in a coach, what he delivers for what he costs us. That's analysis, not love.

And tell his family members that they're in a pure PR move with their Foundation. Tell Becky and his kids they're either pawns or part of the deception, and let me know what responses you get. In the meantime, I'll keep giving them the money (Children's Hospital) that I no longer give to U of L.

You've got a bad attitude, and you don't really know the things that matter and the things that don't. I gave you more credit than that...

Dude, just step back and take a breath.

Dude, let me just say. I get it and I was evening arguing with Zipp on this topic earlier but not from the same viewpoint that you're arguing from. But here's the thing, this is power 5 Louisville football and we're about to start year 5. Yes his record against good teams is atrocious and yes his teams somehow always seem to look sloppy...BUT...he's been pretty good too. Not great but good. If you keep chasing that coach that you think should be able to come into Louisville and win 9-10-11 games a year every year you're never going to find him. The only way you build a program is maintain a respectable level of success and build on that and you can't abandon ship after 4 years of ups and downs just because the program isn't as successful as you want it to be.

Everyone on this board would rather we go 12-0 every year but thats not going to happen, at least not right now and it may never happen under Petrino. But, if we keep building and keep recruiting better then the wins will come. Now, if we start year 9 or 10 under Petrino and we've gotten more of the same of what we've gotten the last 4 years...yes, I think we can start looking around and discuss the program being stagnant...but as it stands Petrino is a good enough name and coach that you have to give 6 or 7 years to get his feet set and build the program that can compete week in and week out in a power 5 conference.

Now the truth comes out...

The big mistake you made with Petrino 1.0--and other fans do the same with other coaches--is you fell in love with him. Then, when he turned out to be a "jerk" in your POV and later left, you were personally offended. You were a self appointed family member, the actual ones of which can now forgive him even if you can't. So you're biased.

At the other extreme, I'm coldly analytical. Petrino could leave tomorrow--again--and I would thank him for his time spent here and look forward to hiring the next coach. The biggest thing I would miss about Petrino is the value he represents in a coach, what he delivers for what he costs us. That's analysis, not love.

And tell his family members that they're in a pure PR move with their Foundation. Tell Becky and his kids they're either pawns or part of the deception, and let me know what responses you get. In the meantime, I'll keep giving them the money (Children's Hospital) that I no longer give to U of L.

You've got a bad attitude, and you don't really know the things that matter and the things that don't. I gave you more credit than that...

I didn't particularly like him the first stint either. I wasn't surprised that he left considering he interviewed for jobs every year he was here. I was responding to a poster who was talking about forgiveness and how he had changed and was loyal now. Jurich took Petrino back because that was what the fans wanted. He came back because we were his best option, not because he realized how big of a mistake he had made by leaving Louisville. Had he not crashed his motorcycle, he would still be at Arkansas. Maybe at this point he is done job hopping but he hasn't proven loyalty. Nobody else has made an effort to take him away from us.

The Petrino foundation does do good things. I didn't mean to say that it doesn't and I'm sure his wife and daughter are doing a lot of good for the community. Lets not act like it was created out of pure altruism though, Petrino was coming back off a huge scandal the the foundation was good PR that he was rehabilitated. Its a PR 101 move.

I do feel like our fanbase gives Petrino way too much leeway. Now that he is back the history is being whitewashed to say that Petrino wasn't being selfish (its fine if he was because coaches are mercenaries) and that he just could not pass up the change to coach a unique talent like Vick. Strong is considered a selfish traitor and now he was an idiot who bumbled his way into getting Bridgewater. I still see posters blaming Strong for Petrino having a good but not perfect roster to begin with. Before anyone says it, i don't want Strong back, he chose to leave.

I don't necessarily want a new coach, I want a program that is building toward something. I don't see us doing that anymore. It seems like we are just fine now being okay because its Petrino.

No coach will survive, if attendance and donations drop. Bobby had better get back to Bobby football version I. Many do not like version II, which will reduce donations and ticket sales. Just saying.

Reactions: MikeMcCammon
No coach will survive, if attendance and donations drop. Bobby had better get back to Bobby football version I. Many do not like version II, which will reduce donations and ticket sales. Just saying.
OK if Bobby wants to drop back down to CUSA? Just askin'...

I think it is possible he winds up here some day but if things continue to go well at Purdue and a major job opens up that attracts him we could lose out.

We don’t have to drop back period. We are more talented than ever before. The level of our competition has improved dramatically. If, and when, Bobby Petrino decides to move on, regardless of the reasoning, we will find a new coach with zero problems. We are a P5 school with outstanding facilities and fanbase. We don’t have the “home” recruiting base that some other schools have but we’ve built a good recruiting base in the Deep South. It simply doesn’t matter what Jeff Brohm, or any other coaching candidate is doing right now. I hope Jeff Brohm is very successful at Purdue, but I’m not a fortune teller nor do I have a big glass ball to see what the future holds. He may be a candidate but maybe not. Only time will tell. I’m just happy that we have a proven winner as our head coach right now.

Reactions: zipp and Mayoman
We don’t have to drop back period. We are more talented than ever before. The level of our competition has improved dramatically. If, and when, Bobby Petrino decides to move on, regardless of the reasoning, we will find a new coach with zero problems. We are a P5 school with outstanding facilities and fanbase. We don’t have the “home” recruiting base that some other schools have but we’ve built a good recruiting base in the Deep South. It simply doesn’t matter what Jeff Brohm, or any other coaching candidate is doing right now. I hope Jeff Brohm is very successful at Purdue, but I’m not a fortune teller nor do I have a big glass ball to see what the future holds. He may be a candidate but maybe not. Only time will tell. I’m just happy that we have a proven winner as our head coach right now.

I obviously (well maybe not so obviously) used the terms "drop back" facetiously. I would love to have the level of talent once again we had in 2005-2007.

I obviously (well maybe not so obviously) used the terms "drop back" facetiously. I would love to have the level of talent once again we had in 2005-2007.

Would you also like to only have the level of competition faced back in 2005-07?

Ah, the good ole days.....were they really as good as memory remembers?

Forget this living in the past stuff....and relish the challenges of the present and whats to come.

ACC is much better now than CUSA/BE/AAC was then. That was then and this is now.

Supported by what evidence? Your eyes?...
SOS ratings are available to anyone on line. The fact we lived in the top 10, placed lots of players in the NFL, and won lots of games supports it. When Michael Bush is your third string running back one year, that says a lot about your talent level. Then the year he is expected to compete for the Heisman but gets injured the first game of they year and his replacement is good enough to play a few years in the NFL that says a lot too. You let me know when we finish ranked in the top 6 two out of three seasons again and are seriously in the hunt for a national title. Would you do that for me?

Sorry, I should have been more specific--I'm questioning your "talent overall was much better" remark. ...And in the face of recruiting classes now consistently ranked higher than they ever have been.

As far as "talent", I know of no better indicator than recruit rankings by 3rd parties...

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
SOS was similar to now, especially in 2006 and 2007. Our talent over all was much better.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::eek::eek::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes: LoL. Good one. You so funny!

Base on what? Your ole eyeball test?

No, our overall competition was much weaker. The fact that UofL got ranked so high was in no small part due to Thursday night FB on ESPN.
and the Rutgers and UWV squads had unusually good team at the same time. Outside of them who else in the league was top shelf good those two years?

Reactions: gocds and zipp
SOS was similar to now, especially in 2006 and 2007. Our talent over all was much better.

Re: SOS - I agree:
WVU (led by MichRod), UC (led by BK), Rutgers (led by Schiano), Louisville (Petrino), and USF (Leavitt) were all Top 10 teams during that mid-2000's era. Great coaches that went on, some for better or worse but at that time they were great coaches in a great fit. Hell, even UConn and Pitt were decent. Syracuse was just plain bad, fine. I think the BE went 6-0 in bowls during our Orange Bowl season. Ray Rice, Pat White, Brohm, Bush, man. Limited datapoints sure and I'll never argue that the BE has a better football history than the ACC but the Big East was an absolute monster for those few short years. So please don't anyone take my words and spin it into "We should have stayed in the 'murican cawnfurnce" because that's not what I'm saying at all.

Re: Our talent - it's arguable:
Talent-wise, our Orange Bowl team had 17 players that ended up on an NFL Roster. WE had years after with 3, 2, 1 picks in the first round, many draft picks - so you can argue this one but I'd say at minimum the talent was comparable in execution in games at the college level (but definitely not in recruiting rankings).

I can't remember who did it, but some service out there does "lookback" re-rankings of college recruiting classes. Charlie's first class, the one with Teddy, was re-ranked as 6th in that analysis. I think Bobby's classes were re-ranked Top 15-20 for the most part. Beasts, full of them.

Last edited:
I'm not arguing that Petrino coached up those guys a decade ago to where they were solid players after four years, many in the NFL. But I consider that "coaching" and not "talent". The latter is typically rated coming IN the door...

I'm not arguing that Petrino coached up those guys a decade ago to where they were solid players after four years, many in the NFL. But I consider that "coaching" and not "talent". The latter is typically rated coming IN the door...

That's very BBN of you Zipp. I'm disappointed. ;)

Reactions: zipp

I think its scouting more than just saying coaching. There are too many prospects in football to accurately rank them all to the point that you can definitively say that the 450th ranked recruit is going to be better than the 500th ranked recruit. Add in that you are ranking different positions playing different styles and recruits are still growing development and scouting are huge in fball. I don't think a coach can take an untalented player and make them talented. Good coaches are better at tapping into a recruits talent.

Petrino recruited a substantial number of 4 star players after we entered the Big East. We had the #26 recruiting class in 2005 or 2006. We got a 5 star player out of Alabama. Recruiting by Petrino was going fantastic and then he left. But he and John L also found guys who were great talents even though not rated high. Harry Douglas was a two star recruit yet had offers from Auburn and Pitt so we know he had talent. While Strong brought in some very talented players he still never built the balance and depth Petrino had here before. Not even close. OL recruiting was miserable. Recruiting now needs to be better than it is as does player development.

Petrino 1.0's BEST recruiting class had an average rating of 2.9 stars. He actually had one class during his first stint rated 2.0 stars...amazing. His LOWEST rated class this time around averaged 2.7 stars.

These numbers are according to Rivals. And they show there's a far better caliber of football recruit on campus now vs. then.

Contrast that to premier programs like tOSU (3.8 in 2002 vs. 3.9 in 2018) and FSU (3.9 in 2002 vs. 3.8 in 2018). Hardly changed. Our deficit WRT those programs is gradually reducing...

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Would you also like to only have the level of competition faced back in 2005-07?

Ah, the good ole days.....were they really as good as memory remembers?

Forget this living in the past stuff....and relish the challenges of the present and whats to come.

ACC is much better now than CUSA/BE/AAC was then. That was then and this is now.
Those teams were legit. But overall I like our talent and depth now.

Those teams were legit. But overall I like our talent and depth now.

The offense on the 2004 team with Stefan was poetry in motion. Insanely entertaining to watch. The only loss was to The U and they were the closest thing to Bama at that time. The 2004 team might be the best Louisville team ever (can't prove it, of course - but you can argue an opinion).

2004 (to make this on-topic - LOL - Jeff Brohm was the QB coach):

Date Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result Attendance
September 5 3:30 PM Kentucky* Papa John's Cardinal StadiumLouisville, Kentucky (Governor's Cup) ESPN W 28–0 42,681
September 11 1:00 PM at Army Michie StadiumWest Point, New York WDRB W 52–21 28,130
September 25 1:30 PM at North Carolina* No. 24 Kenan Memorial StadiumChapel Hill, North Carolina ESPN+ W 34–0 49,000
October 2 3:00 PM East Carolina No. 22 Papa John's Cardinal Stadium • Louisville, Kentucky ESPN+ W 59–7 40,220
October 14 7:30 PM at No. 3 Miami (FL)* No. 17 Orange BowlMiami ESPN L 38–41 63,715
October 22 8:00 PM USF No. 17 Papa John's Cardinal Stadium • Louisville, Kentucky ESPN W 41–9 42,032
November 4 7:30 PM at Memphis No. 14 Liberty BowlMemphis, Tennessee ESPN W 56–49 52,384
November 10 7:30 PM TCU No. 12 Papa John's Cardinal Stadium • Louisville, Kentucky ESPN2 W 55–28 40,107
November 20 5:00 PM at Houston No. 10 Robertson StadiumHouston, Texas ESPN+ W 65–27 20,176
November 27 2:30 PM Cincinnati No. 9 Papa John's Cardinal Stadium • Louisville, Kentucky (The Keg of Nails) ESPN2 W 70–7 37,617
December 4 2:30 PM at Tulane No. 8 Louisiana SuperdomeNew Orleans ESPN+ W 55–7 22,169
December 31 3:30 PM vs. No. 10 Boise State* No. 8 Liberty BowlMemphis, Tennessee (Liberty Bowl) ESPN W 44–40 58,355
*Non-conference game.
Dagger-14-plain.png
Homecoming. #Rankings from AP Poll. All times are in Eastern Time.

Petrino 1.0's BEST recruiting class had an average rating of 2.9 stars. He actually had one class during his first stint rated 2.0 stars...amazing. His LOWEST rated class this time around averaged 2.7 stars.

These numbers are according to Rivals. And they show there's a far better caliber of football recruit on campus now vs. then.

Contrast that to premier programs like tOSU (3.8 in 2002 vs. 3.9 in 2018) and FSU (3.9 in 2002 vs. 3.8 in 2018). Hardly changed. Our deficit WRT those programs is gradually reducing...

His best class was rated #26 and that was only one year into the Big East. The program and recruiting were projecting upward. We were a legitimate top 15 program and spent lots of time in the top 10 including 2 final rankings. Let me know when we get back to that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT