ADVERTISEMENT

Will Gonzaga Pull Off An Undefeated Season?

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
26-0 to start the tournament. Clearly one of the front runners this season.

Will they pull it off?

Well, it would be a good story for CBB if they did. I am pulling for them or the Illini to go all the way.

Illinois falls to Loyola but Zags get to keep trying for perfection.

Does this Covid season put an asterisk next to an undefeated season to you all if the Zags win the title or is it still legit?

Ain't gonna happen. Their lack of consistent crunch time games will do them in. I think Baylor is the team to beat. Watch out for Oregon and Arkansas as final 4 teams and Loyola once again the next Butler.

Reactions: shadow force
Ain't gonna happen. Their lack of consistent crunch time games will do them in. I think Baylor is the team to beat. Watch out for Oregon and Arkansas as final 4 teams and Loyola once again the next Butler.

Opinions are like noses and rectums - we all got em’.

GO CARDS!!!

Illinois falls to Loyola but Zags get to keep trying for perfection.

Does this Covid season put an asterisk next to an undefeated season to you all if the Zags win the title or is it still legit?

I Guess I will just have to pull for Chi Loyola and the Zags. Yes it will still be legit if they win it all...the Zags are pretty talented and tough nosed team. I like them. Surprised that the Illini went down to Chie Loy but will root for them now too.

Opinions are like noses and rectums - we all got em’.

GO CARDS!!!
That's certainly the case.

Gonzaga has had little game pressure and none in the new year. Oklahoma had no inside force and it showed today. Baylor doesn't either but they have 3 or 4 guys like Reeves was today.

The Zags will cruise their sweet 16 game but watch out for Oregon or even USC. Don't think Kansas has it in them.

I will be surprised if Gonzaga defeats teams like Oregon, Michigan, and Baylor in succession. My main bracket has them losing to Michigan in the final 4 but the way Oregon looked today, don't be surprised if it's the Ducks in the final 4.

I thought from early on that Zags and Baylor were the very best teams in the country. I watched the BIG10 beat up on each other, and this tournament has demonstrated just how misdirected the media has been identifying top college basketball. They should have spent more time watching west of the Mississippi for better basketball.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Timme should be T’d up. Showboats and taunts after every shot. At least get a warning.
The NBA announcers caused this to happen. As much as I hate the Dakich’s, Vitales and Dykes, they bring in these NBA guys who you know haven’t watch any college games and start promoting individual players like Timme and his stupid mustache!

Weird. After all of the upsets, it comes down to the two teams that were supposed to be above the rest. I don’t know when the top two teams met in the Championship game.

When you look at the talent at both Gonzaga and Baylor it is easy to see them playing for a NC. Anyone who does not believe that transfers are the future in college basketball, need not look any further than this Final Four.

One silver lining for me, is the potential neutralizing affect this could have on UK’s dependence on one and done recruits. J. Juzang‘s story is one that college coaches recruiting against UK will be repeating at every opportunity, as his 2 point freshman average at UK a serves as sufficient evidence that kids with talent can easily get lost on a UK roster full of 5 Star kids, and one’s future is unlimited when looking elsewhere.

One has to wonder - with all of Gonzaga's success, including this year's team which got the (very annoying nonsense) talk of "Could Gonzaga beat a low-level NBA team?" - if Mark Few woke up this morning wondering if he has taken Gonzaga as far as he can take them. That kind of thing can get a guy to leave a program (recent examples Cronin at UC, Mack at Xavier, Satterfield at Appy, many others).

Also - LOL - there is a great photo of Suggs from the GU-UCLA game after he hit his big shot. He's looking up at the crowd of cardboard cut-outs, arms wide open, screaming at the cut-outs. That photo is the most 2020/21 thing ever and made me belly-LOL relentlessly.

One has to wonder - with all of Gonzaga's success, including this year's team which got the (very annoying nonsense) talk of "Could Gonzaga beat a low-level NBA team?" - if Mark Few woke up this morning wondering if he has taken Gonzaga as far as he can take them. That kind of thing can get a guy to leave a program (recent examples Cronin at UC, Mack at Xavier, Satterfield at Appy, many others).
They need to do all they can to get to a bigger conference. Not a Pac12 type league, but some place where they can face good competition every week.

They need to do all they can to get to a bigger conference. Not a Pac12 type league, but some place where they can face good competition every week.

Their basketball program would fit in very well with the basketball-focused Big East. Now, Spokane Worshington isn't exactly a suburb of NYC and doesn't scream Madison Square Garden, but IIRC the Big East was looking at San Diego State before the BCS version fell apart & resurrected as its current version. The situation is a big different but from a geographical standpoint there is some precedent I guess. Those would be some long-ass flights on the regular though, wow.

Zags get blown out by Baylor
That's the second time I've watched Baylor this season, the first time was their Final Four game. Impressive! Strong, quick, athletic, plays tenacious d, and can shoot lights out from three. They've got it all. Not bad for a once disgraced program who tried to cover up a murder. Oh, I'm sure when Louisville wins it all again, we'll be reminded how scandal ridden our program once was.

That's the second time I've watched Baylor this season, the first time was their Final Four game. Impressive! Strong, quick, athletic, plays tenacious d, and can shoot lights out from three. They've got it all. Not bad for a once disgraced program who tried to cover up a murder. Oh, I'm sure when Louisville wins it all again, we'll be reminded how scandal ridden our program once was.

Baylor looked great. I agree their defense was very impressive and looked like they were everywhere. Zags couldn't catch a breath out there. Also their outside shooting, athletic ability, and ball handling was great.

Reactions: gocds
This is simply a product of Gonzaga having to go through an emotional OT win while Baylor played a team that hadn’t played a single digit seeded team. I ask why does basketball have to play a championship game less than 48 hours after their last win when College football gets 2 weeks to prepare? It’s part of why CBB is special but doesn’t mean it’s perfect.

Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT