ADVERTISEMENT

Will at it again

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Smith's 3 run blast in the 6th propels the Dodgers in elimination game.

Will homered again last night against the Rays! Unfortunately the Dodgers lost. Will also threw out a base runner trying to steal. Series tied 1-1.

Reactions: earsky
I never thought I would be cheering for the Dodgers in my life. Things change in life.
I'm conflicted about this series. On one hand, I want to see Will have a great series,but there's that part of me that wants to see the small market Rays eek out the series over the larger market Dodgers.
Then again, this Dodgers group has been to the well so many times that I'd like to see them get a drink finally. Idk, either way it really looks like it's gonna be a great Series.

I'm conflicted about this series. On one hand, I want to see Will have a great series,but there's that part of me that wants to see the small market Rays eek out the series over the larger market Dodgers.
Then again, this Dodgers group has been to the well so many times that I'd like to see them get a drink finally. Idk, either way it really looks like it's gonna be a great Series.
I agree with this mostly although if Duvall hadn’t got hurt I would have been ok with the Braves vs Rays. I too love small market teams and just glad that the Yankees with all of their stars didn’t make it.

That was hard to watch. Here's hoping Will gets to be on the other side... soon, hopefully tonight.

That was hard to watch. Here's hoping Will gets to be on the other side... soon, hopefully tonight.
I think every catcher will tell you they have been in that situation (just not in a World Series stage) where it’s a bam bam play with a runner and the ball expected to be there at the same time. Will should have caught it but took his eyes off it to see where the runner was. If the OF hadn’t bobbled it twice, the play doesn’t happen. Have to have short memory in baseball.

I fell asleep on the couch about mid 8th, with the thought the Dodgers have this one. Couldn’t believe the replays this morning. Will needs to get some valuable hits tonight to make it up.

Not that I blame him, just that he was in that play.
I still think he'll end up in another play that turns out better.

Yeah, I think he had a couple of chances to come up with a big hit but it didn’t happen. If Dodgers go one and win, it may hopefully be forgotten. If Rays win, it will be one of their highlights.

Reactions: PHCARD
Congrats, Will! A heck of a baseball player, and by all accounts an even better person. I think I know who's next in line for a Hometown Hero banner. Hang that bad boy from Cardinal Stadium so it overlooks Patterson.

Will’s bat didn’t do much in WS. But he succeeded in doing his part in getting the Dodgers to the WS. The Rays pitching was unique. I hope McKay gets healthy and finds his way back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT