ADVERTISEMENT

Why are we still supporting rick and tom

ActionJackson502

No-Ranking Prospect
Sep 5, 2016
Pitino and Jurich have brought one to many scandals to this university for me. I'm ready to clean house with the basketball program and the athletic department. Why are we defending an athletic director who abuses the foundations money by giving a million dollars to his son who does absolutely nothing and grossly overpays himself. As for Pitino I don't think I need to list off all the things he's done to bring shame to this university over the last decade. I've been a Louisville fan my whole life and will continue to support the school but until I see changes in an attempt to get rid of all the corruption I will no longer donate or buy season tickets to football and basketball. We deserve better people.

Maybe because he is the best basketball coach in the nation, with a history to back it up. He has made mistakes as we all have, I believe if his wife forgives him then I can. He claims no knowledge of what went on in players dorm. He will lead the Cardinals to a victory over the Wildcats again this year. Glad he is the COACH

Pitino and Jurich have brought one to many scandals to this university for me. I'm ready to clean house with the basketball program and the athletic department. Why are we defending an athletic director who abuses the foundations money by giving a million dollars to his son who does absolutely nothing and grossly overpays himself. As for Pitino I don't think I need to list off all the things he's done to bring shame to this university over the last decade. I've been a Louisville fan my whole life and will continue to support the school but until I see changes in an attempt to get rid of all the corruption I will no longer donate or buy season tickets to football and basketball. We deserve better people.
Winning cures everything.

Yeah that's right. If I were a uahkay fan I'd want both of them gone too. Please tell me who you'd rather have running "our" athletic department? Plus whom would you rather have as "our" basketball coach? And while you are at it "our" football coach has had his "shortcomings" in life also. Maybe while you are cleaning house you should get rid of ANYONE that has ever done anything that was viewed and judged as morally incorrect. What a load of wildcat crappola. Has anyone ever had to forgive you for anything? With your judgemental attitude I sure as hell hope not.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Maybe because he is the best basketball coach in the nation, with a history to back it up. He has made mistakes as we all have, I believe if his wife forgives him then I can. He claims no knowledge of what went on in players dorm. He will lead the Cardinals to a victory over the Wildcats again this year. Glad he is the COACH
You're right, Rick is a great coach and would be hard to replace, but that doesn't matter. If I had a kid who went on a recruiting visit to Louisville and while on campus had strippers and prostitutes thrown at him I would furious at both the university and Pitino. It is Pitino and the University's responsibility to provide a safe environment for these athletes when they host them. Many of these recruits were under 18 and for those of you who think this is no big deal or that pitino should take no blame for this because he didn't know about it are delusional. Pitino hired the coaches who put this crap on and should therefore be held accountable. It is Pitino and the university's responsibility to ensure the recruits are kept out of harms way and they failed.

Yeah that's right. If I were a uahkay fan I'd want both of them gone too. Please tell me who you'd rather have running "our" athletic department? Plus whom would you rather have as "our" basketball coach? And while you are at it "our" football coach has had his "shortcomings" in life also. Maybe while you are cleaning house you should get rid of ANYONE that has ever done anything that was viewed and judged as morally incorrect. What a load of wildcat crappola. Has anyone ever had to forgive you for anything? With your judgemental attitude I sure as hell hope not.

Yea because Im saying something negative about uofL that makes me a uk fan... ok.. Id rather have someone run our athletic department and not waste the foundation money on himself or his son. Id rather have a basketball coach who didn't hire assistants that threw strippers and prostitutes and kids under the age of 18. As for Petrino as long as he doesn't have another scandal and performs the job well Im good with him.

Reactions: ohiodon
BBN is in full force on the board.

Anyone who thinks that Pitino knew what was going on is just a moron. The president of the United States had an extra marital affair, was he fired? And for the Kentucky fans that say that winning is all that Louisville worries about, think about how much the revolving door at Kentucky is ONLY ABOUT WINNING, and nothing about the education.

Anyone who thinks that Pitino knew what was going on is just a moron. The president of the United States had an extra marital affair, was he fired? And for the Kentucky fans that say that winning is all that Louisville worries about, think about how much the revolving door at Kentucky is ONLY ABOUT WINNING!!!
Did you not read my above comments. I doubt Pitino knew either but it doesn't matter. Minors came on a recruiting visit to the university of Louisville. It is the university of Louisville and coach Pitinos responsibility to look after those kids while hosting them and under their watch strippers and prostitutes were thrown at them. Some of these kids weren't even 18! Pitino is the head of the program and he hired these assistant coaches that put this on. If this happened to your kid I don't think you'd say well since the head coach was unaware he shouldn't be held accountable. Anyone with common sense would see whats wrong here. You can be a Louisville fan and be critical of the university and a coach.

Where was this post months ago before the NCAA report last week? Please be done with the Cards and be gone.

Is there a single school in the SEC that hasn't been on probation, had arrests, or other black clouds? Even Vandy has had issues. Every successful program goes through something like this sooner or later. It was just our turn. Or more specifically, right now it's us, Baylor, UNC, one of the Mississippi's, etc etc.

It always seems worse when it's your school but this is an infrastructure issue, not Louisville. And it's never getting fixed. Louisville falling on the sword fixes nothing, it just hurts Louisville.

Is there a single school in the SEC that hasn't been on probation, had arrests, or other black clouds? Even Vandy has had issues. Every successful program goes through something like this sooner or later. It was just our turn. Or more specifically, right now it's us, Baylor, UNC, one of the Mississippi's, etc etc.

It always seems worse when it's your school but this is an infrastructure issue, not Louisville. And it's never getting fixed. Louisville falling on the sword fixes nothing, it just hurts Louisville.
Is their a single school that had an issue like this and didn't fire their coach. Im not saying I won't the University and athletic department to implode. I just want to see a change at head coach and as AD who doesn't abuse the money of the University's foundation. Honestly Im surprised more fans aren't calling for this on this board. I know of a few personal friends who also share my sentiments.

Is their a single school that had an issue like this and didn't fire their coach. Im not saying I won't the University and athletic department to implode. I just want to see a change at head coach and as AD who doesn't abuse the money of the University's foundation. Honestly Im surprised more fans aren't calling for this on this board. I know of a few personal friends who also share my sentiments.

Do you also write for the curious urinal? Sure sounds like one of those folks over there!

Do you also write for the curious urinal? Sure sounds like one of those folks over there!

Are you ok with keeping a head coach despite the fact that while under his watch multiple underage kids had strippers and prostitutes thrown at them while on a recruiting visit? Sure sounds like it.

Reactions: Canucky and kyjeff1
Are you ok with keeping a head coach despite the fact that while under his watch multiple underage kids had strippers and prostitutes thrown at them while on a recruiting visit? Sure sounds like it.

I'm very good with keeping a coach that DID NOT KNOW about those kids being entertained in the fashion you described. Do you have proof of anything to the contrary? I seriously doubt it.

I'm very good with keeping a coach that DID NOT KNOW about those kids being entertained in the fashion you described. Do you have proof of anything to the contrary? I seriously doubt it.

No and I agree he probably didn't know. But HE hired the people who put it on and HE along with the university are responsible for the kids who come on these recruiting visit. And while on these visits these underage recruits were thrown a party with strippers and prostitutes at a campus dorm.

To be honest...it's kinda late in the game to be getting here. As others have said, if you truly had a problem then you should have been calling for this much earlier. Waiting for the penalty to come out to start calling for action doesn't buy you much credence. If the CoI just accepted everything we had done and only handed out the 5-game suspension, would you still be upset...from your timing I would think not.

Pitino should be held accountable for the actions of his hires and how he responds to the issues that arise. They needed to (and it looks like) take several systemic enhancements to this area to ensure this incident or anything like it does not recur. I leave that to the AD.

In regards to the AD, there have been no other athletic programs in the country that have experienced the growth and success we have had over the last decade under the direction of Jurich. There are going to be growing pains, if you don't want them find another program. Overall the athletic program has performed very well academically during this period as well (unless someone can show me otherwise) meaning it's not a one-sided show.

Yes, we have taken on some recruits/individuals that others universities no longer wished to offer scholarship to or employ...and in many cases they have go on to be productive student-athletes/employees without further issue. There is something good to be said for that (there's a lot of people who wouldn't be where they are without being given a 2nd chance). Not saying I agreed with all decisions, but I wasn't making the decision so *shrug*.

Why do I support them? Among other reasons, because they fight for what they believe in (perhaps to the bitter end). As alum...I couldn't be prouder of my university over the last few years (on all fronts). Yes we have things to fix (as success brings about it's own challenges) but we've had to fight and claw to get where we are today versus other institutions that have enjoyed far more funding and support (again broadly speaking here).

Nothing is given easily or freely and we're not going to give up anything freely or easily. We've gone from a university on the rise to really a premier institute in many areas of academia as well as athletics. To put it bluntly, to hell with anybody that wants to take something away from us.

Anyone who thinks that Pitino knew what was going on is just a moron. The president of the United States had an extra marital affair, was he fired? And for the Kentucky fans that say that winning is all that Louisville worries about, think about how much the revolving door at Kentucky is ONLY ABOUT WINNING, and nothing about the education.
Serious question

IYO, how many young men come to play basketball at Louisville for the education?

Since it's out there, count me in the group that would rather have Pitino gone. Also count me in the group that believes he knew at least some of what was going on. In the presser after the sanctions were announced he started to talk about Minardi Hall having some of the best security around, then he stopped. IMO it's because it would beg the question "If security is so good, how is it that no one noticed groups of women being brought in for 4 years?" Where were the security guards? Who was monitoring the surveillance cameras?

So go ahead and start calling me a UK fan, or a troll. It'll make you feel better I'm sure. God forbid anyone be a fan and have a dissenting opinion........

I think you will find out since Calipari's arrival at Big Blew there have been 5 times more basketball players at Louisville with a degree than at sUcK. Once again why do we have Blew fans over here posting on our boards. I never go to their board much less post on their board. The only time I ever watch them play any sport is when they are playing against us.

Serious question

IYO, how many young men come to play basketball at Louisville for the education?

Purely for education? A minority...perhaps walk-ons. I think there are many more that see this university (especially overseas recruits) as an opportunity to grow and develop (with the potential to develop into a professional career path of some sort) while also having the opportunity to receive a degree at a Western University.

I think the original poster was trying to draw the difference between the number of recruits that do stay for multiple years and are required to be involved in the academic process rather than 1 and done's which must survive only a bare minimum semester of joke classes (most all of us that have attended college could remember 12-14 credit hours that involved very little actual brain cell use if you will). There is no education there....and to refer to them as student-athletes is an insult to the others (I don't think that's a controversial statement).

I have, for a long time, gotten great entertainment from UL sports – mainly basketball, but now football much more and even baseball in the last few years (be careful, UL baseball can be addicting if you start to follow it). So, I hate all this scandal stuff (NCAA & Audit issues) for a couple of reasons. First, it probably detracts from my ability to enjoy UL sports somewhat (but probably not a lot).

And secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, because it suggests bad management and stewardship of my university, and just makes my university look bad. The University of Louisville is what matters most to me. And it’s not even close. Founded as the first city-owned public university in the United States in 1798, it is the jewel of this town. Don’t let anyone tell you that UL isn’t a damn good academic institution. The Engineering school and Law school are really good in particular; and the Medical school is great (way under-appreciated).

Long and short of it for me: If anybody is harming UL as an institution (or the respect and status of the college), then ride them out town on a rail yesterday. When push comes to shove, I don’t care how successful the sports programs are or how many wins the teams have. I care about UL – period.

Now, are we at a point yet where we can say that the presence of these men is harmful to UL? I don’t know for sure. But this NCAA stuff and the findings in the Audit, in particular, are making me start to think they might be more closely aligned with the problem than the solution.

action-jackson-wallpaper_141647828000.jpg

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Blinded by the 'InAction Jackson' golden light post There are none so blind than those that cannot see. If I can't get my way.....I am going to take my money and not buy tickets and go home.

See ya....wouldn't wanna be ya!

Reactions: zipp

Rocky, how many people you know, think that Calipari knew that 1 of his players was taking money from an agent but don't think Pitino knew all that crap was going on in the players dorm? There's your morons. I ain't saying neither one of them knew.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Does the shoe fit?

In a lot of instances it does. There are a lot of Kentucky fans who obviously are taking this opportunity to troll but I think steelers has done a good job of combating that.

But I'm sure there are also some fans that are tired of the situation as I know a few UL fans personally that feel the same

You honestly do not know what the hell you are talking about regarding Mark Jurich's salary. The number you are over reacting to is what he has been paid in total over the last eight years. His annual salary is in line with anyone else that is in position at a Big 5 university. He has done the right things to get to that position and he has produced "big time" since he has been in that position. Please get your facts before you post more BS.

Were any of the kids exposed to such luscious skanks as Andre provided actually successfully recruited? Getting Blakeney's old man laid seems to have worked, lol, but he went elsewhere. In that case, trash visited trash in the Trash Realm. So what kids did we successfully recruit with Amdre's great assists at the waist and below level?

I got zero.

Were any of the kids exposed to such luscious skanks as Andre provided actually successfully recruited? Getting Blakeney's old man laid seems to have worked, lol, but he went elsewhere. In that case, trash visited trash in the Trash Realm. So what kids did we successfully recruit with Andre's great assists at the waist and below level?...
It's obvious now it kept us FROM landing better kids. Regardless of what was attempted, the idea of that as an "impermissible benefit" or a benefit of any kind is a joke.

Articulated professionally, don't think that won't be a point lost in a legal appeal. The actual value of impermissible benefits will be central to U of L's lawsuit.

Senore, we need to see you posting here more often...

Last edited:
Long and short of it for me: If anybody is harming UL as an institution (or the respect and status of the college), then ride them out town on a rail yesterday. When push comes to shove, I don’t care how successful the sports programs are or how many wins the teams have. I care about UL – period.

Be careful what you wish for because SPORTS are directly linked with Enrollment Growth at Major Universities. UofL is not some big Land Grant State School getting money thrown it's way because it is the flagship university.

UofL has had tremendous growth and shed the commuter school label that once hung around it's neck. If you look closely at said growth you can see it is closely aligned with the leadership and direction of Ramesy and Jurich. Athletic success has given the university more exposure on a National level. Athletic success has taken the university from the kiddie table (Metro Days) to the Big Dog table ACC. And during all of this growth the university has taken in more money. Some of it from being in bigger conferences (only reason we were accepted was because of athletics). Some from increased donor dollars (probably encouraged by the success of certain athletic teams.) And some from just Winning Baby!!!!

With all of this athletic success and the money windfall the university has been great stewards of the money to grow the university and attract more students. So when you say someone needs to be ran out of town I personally take pause. CRP is only guilty of mismanaging a hire he made. Any person in a leadership position has had a hire or dealt with a employee situation in which they wish they could have the moment back. And if they haven't they haven't been managing long enough. It's naive to think that a man is going to know about something that everyone involved was hiding from him. Not to mention the last time I checked it wasn't against the rules to have girls in the dorm. So what would be suspicious about ladies hanging out in the dorms? It's unfortunate that this incident happened but it's not like the program had a culture of recruiting this way. Like the recruiting tactics the football programs at Tennessee, Ole Miss and Colorado used with their hostess.

You want to be mad, you have that right. You want to be frustrated, I hear you! The university has been the talking point for ridicule and finger pointing. I assure you though that most of the noise you are hearing is from right there in the state. And dare I say it's probably from the majority of people that don't want to see the university successful. It's not being talked about on the National Talk Shows except for when major new news comes out. And it's not even a blip on the radar here in TX. There is no one I'd rather have running our athletic department than TJ and when he decides to leave I hope that we can find a replacement that is half as good. If I were you I'd keep cheering for the success and growth of the university but just realize that the Wins and Losses matter a bit more than you may have originally thought about. There are plenty of articles about Athletics and University Growth, you can google it if you aren't tired of reading yet!

It's obvious now it kept us FROM landing better kids. Regardless of what was attempted, the idea of that as an "impermissible benefit" or a benefit of any kind is a joke.

Articulated professionally, don't think that won't be a point lost in a legal appeal. The actual value of impermissible benefits will be central to U of L's lawsuit.

Senore, we need to see you posting here more often...
If I learned anything at all from years of being a UK football fan it's that the NCAA will not take it easy on you if your transgressions don't add value. Claude basset and Mumme cheated their tails off and we never got better. Hell, we got worse. They see infractions as black and white. An impermissible benefit is punished the same regardless of value or monetary amount. No gray area. They emphatically stated as such. This is why I think the appeal will be a tough hill to climb. But you just mentioned a law suit. I haven't been following as closely lately. Is there a lawsuit?

If I learned anything at all from years of being a UK football fan it's that the NCAA will not take it easy on you if your transgressions don't add value. Claude basset and Mumme cheated their tails off and we never got better. Hell, we got worse. They see infractions as black and white. An impermissible benefit is punished the same regardless of value or monetary amount. No gray area. They emphatically stated as such. This is why I think the appeal will be a tough hill to climb. But you just mentioned a law suit. I haven't been following as closely lately. Is there a lawsuit?
No, and I never said anything about the NCAA "taking it easy". Most are saying--and I agree--that there's little chance that anything of significance will come within the NCAA. These guys will soon be lawyer-ing up, and this fight will potentially take years to decide.

As far as your football coaches cheating with no results, 'splain how you guys landed recruits like Dewayne Robertson, Ellery Moore, Bobby Blizzard, and Antonio Hall in those years? Just because you didn't win except for the one year Morriss coached. Wasted talent is a slappy hallmark, and Hal and Claude landed players they had no business recruiting, much less signing.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Be careful what you wish for because SPORTS are directly linked with Enrollment Growth at Major Universities. UofL is not some big Land Grant State School getting money thrown it's way because it is the flagship university.

UofL has had tremendous growth and shed the commuter school label that once hung around it's neck. If you look closely at said growth you can see it is closely aligned with the leadership and direction of Ramesy and Jurich. Athletic success has given the university more exposure on a National level. Athletic success has taken the university from the kiddie table (Metro Days) to the Big Dog table ACC. And during all of this growth the university has taken in more money. Some of it from being in bigger conferences (only reason we were accepted was because of athletics). Some from increased donor dollars (probably encouraged by the success of certain athletic teams.) And some from just Winning Baby!!!!

With all of this athletic success and the money windfall the university has been great stewards of the money to grow the university and attract more students. So when you say someone needs to be ran out of town I personally take pause. CRP is only guilty of mismanaging a hire he made. Any person in a leadership position has had a hire or dealt with a employee situation in which they wish they could have the moment back. And if they haven't they haven't been managing long enough. It's naive to think that a man is going to know about something that everyone involved was hiding from him. Not to mention the last time I checked it wasn't against the rules to have girls in the dorm. So what would be suspicious about ladies hanging out in the dorms? It's unfortunate that this incident happened but it's not like the program had a culture of recruiting this way. Like the recruiting tactics the football programs at Tennessee, Ole Miss and Colorado used with their hostess.

You want to be mad, you have that right. You want to be frustrated, I hear you! The university has been the talking point for ridicule and finger pointing. I assure you though that most of the noise you are hearing is from right there in the state. And dare I say it's probably from the majority of people that don't want to see the university successful. It's not being talked about on the National Talk Shows except for when major new news comes out. And it's not even a blip on the radar here in TX. There is no one I'd rather have running our athletic department than TJ and when he decides to leave I hope that we can find a replacement that is half as good. If I were you I'd keep cheering for the success and growth of the university but just realize that the Wins and Losses matter a bit more than you may have originally thought about. There are plenty of articles about Athletics and University Growth, you can google it if you aren't tired of reading yet!

Great post! Just as a side note, every time I hear Land Grant school and "flagship" used in the same sentence my stomach turns. Because, and by the way, Kentucky State University is also a Land Grant school. I have to wonder why they don't get the same designation. The term flagship is used only so a state legislature can give far more money to that school than they do the other colleges in the state system. It's that simple.

Reactions: cocoa and real2it
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT