ADVERTISEMENT

Who's coming back?

mattp58

One-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 19, 2011
Just thinking now that it's official, I'd love it if the powers that be would see if we can find out if any of our baseball draft eligible young men might be coming back, and fill us in??? I'm sure some would like to see what the draft offers, but I'm both heartbroken that we won't see these guys going back to Omaha this year, but excited about what the future could hold. Any word yet?

Just thinking now that it's official, I'd love it if the powers that be would see if we can find out if any of our baseball draft eligible young men might be coming back, and fill us in??? I'm sure some would like to see what the draft offers, but I'm both heartbroken that we won't see these guys going back to Omaha this year, but excited about what the future could hold. Any word yet?
Probably won’t hear anything until MLB decides what to do about the draft. You can count Detmers, Miller and probably Luke Smith as gone.

Not sure about Smith. If he gets drafted sure; but if not, I think he’s back. Hard to not see Detmers in a 5-round draft. I am unsure about Miller. I’m sure he would get taken; my heart wishes here stay though. He’s had great flashes but I think his consistency just needed to improve. I hope Kirian doesn’t get nabbed in a shortened draft. He could be huge for next year’s staff. Elliot. Elliot coming back would be useful. Field players - between incoming players and what is on the roster I think we can be ok with anyone who goes. I think most would stay out and I don’t see any 5-round type of guys based on what we were able to see this year.

Reactions: mattp58
Not sure about Smith. If he gets drafted sure; but if not, I think he’s back. Hard to not see Detmers in a 5-round draft. I am unsure about Miller. I’m sure he would get taken; my heart wishes here stay though. He’s had great flashes but I think his consistency just needed to improve. I hope Kirian doesn’t get nabbed in a shortened draft. He could be huge for next year’s staff. Elliot. Elliot coming back would be useful. Field players - between incoming players and what is on the roster I think we can be ok with anyone who goes. I think most would stay out and I don’t see any 5-round type of guys based on what we were able to see this year.
Oriente and Lavey are question marks, especially if talent coming in would end up with them seeing less playing time.

Perfect Games mock draft has Detmers 1st round to White Sox and Miller 2nd round (29th overall). Miller had one of the biggest leaps in ranking...

I was so excited to see this group of pitchers go back to Omaha... If we lose them all... I guess all we can do is be happy for them as they pursue their pro careers.. But wow, it hurts to see them go without getting one more shot at the big prize...

Detmers and Miller might both be playing by the end of the Summer in the Bigs,if they play at all. Jmo.
I'd love to see Dunn return, just because I think he's going to be an All American,but I'm being selfish.

Andrew Benefield reportedly entered the transfer portal yesterday.

I think he may have seen how well a local product was playing and he saw his potential playing time disappear.

Probably a little of both. I expect to see Lavey,Danny O and Brit back,along with Elliot.
The quest continues for these vets and a talented group of Juniors to be the first ever at UofL to get it all.

Probably a little of both. I expect to see Lavey,Danny O and Brit back,along with Elliot.
The quest continues for these vets and a talented group of Juniors to be the first ever at UofL to get it all.
Not sure where I read it but Mac does not expect any of the seniors back. They want to start their professional careers whether in baseball or in the real world.

Great article and thanks. That clears up that. I can absolutely understand the guys that are 21-22 years old moving on that intend on pursuing baseball or have gotten their degree and are moving on with their lives. Best wishes to all of them.

Great article and thanks. That clears up that. I can absolutely understand the guys that are 21-22 years old moving on that intend on pursuing baseball or have gotten their degree and are moving on with their lives. Best wishes to all of them.
I guess there’s still some hope. No one knows what the MLB draft is going to look like.

I know and I can't justify another paid sub to D1Baseball lol I've got enough $9.99/month type subscriptions already.

Hope many of these guys come back next Spring for a proper "Senior" Day...

Reactions: earsky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT