ADVERTISEMENT

Who won KY Football recruiting 20218

Yep, that led to a hi9ghly successful #44 class. I'll bet they will not in 2019 when the state has 8 4 stars and two 5 stars.

Reactions: zipp
Lacey was at one time and Herron is on other sites. Point is, highest rated class in Kentucky history and will have the Staff's full attention unlike last year's. CBP has said so on several occasions. Herron, Wright, Lacey are all rated higher than our highest rated recruit this year, Brents. Brohm cleaned up on WKU level kids except for Rondale Moore which was huge for them.

So the two "best" are committed.

Guess we get to try to flip them.

I hope we give them reason to think about it.

Reactions: Mayoman
20218?????? Man, time flies.

Just wanna throw something out there though....

Both the big school fanbases spent a lot of bandwidth in slamming their head coaches and coordinators, while singing the praises of other coaches (especially Brohm) to the moon.
Seeing as Brohm took over half the state recruiting class, could this be an indication that kids actually do pay attention to some of the tripe that gets thrown out on these boards and social media?

I have no opinion on this but I do state facts.
Indeed you do. Just a discussion question Wilkie.......or anyone else...
The Cards had a really outstanding recruiting class, but it seems the team is really heavy on dbs.....something like 21.
I know there are redshirts, but is it possible that the new DC might be looking at a 4-2-5 multiple? I think TCU ran that a couple of years back with great success.

To me it all about where do you want to put your recruiting resources. Louisville putting much of theirs in southern states which is hard to argue. I think history tells them KY (elite) kids tend to leave the state as well. Two of the highest ranked kid are going out of that at this point in the 2019 class. Why put your resources toward those kids?

I think it made sense for Brohm to focus in on KY. He knows both Louisville and UK were focused on other areas. He is still in rebuilding mode. He is a factor because he is a good coach and is well respected in KY. It is still a pretty small pool of legit players in KY.

The Milton kid is legit he has good ball skills and good speed. The problem is he plays at a low level against kids that are going to either not play DI or a really low level of college football. That is a really hard thing to evaluate.

To me it all about where do you want to put your recruiting resources. Louisville putting much of theirs in southern states which is hard to argue. I think history tells them KY (elite) kids tend to leave the state as well. Two of the highest ranked kid are going out of that at this point in the 2019 class. Why put your resources toward those kids?

I think it made sense for Brohm to focus in on KY. He knows both Louisville and UK were focused on other areas. He is still in rebuilding mode. He is a factor because he is a good coach and is well respected in KY. It is still a pretty small pool of legit players in KY.

The Milton kid is legit he has good ball skills and good speed. The problem is he plays at a low level against kids that are going to either not play DI or a really low level of college football. That is a really hard thing to evaluate.
Good points. Looking at the rivals board for 2019, Florida has a top 70 players, Georgia a top 100, Ohio a top 35 and Kentucky a top 10. Home state just doesn't have the bodies. As of today, the two top kids have verballed to Michigan and Notre Dame.
All said and done all UofL and UK coaches can do is make the offer and cast as large as net as you can in areas you have some connections.

I think the only one we have a chance at flipping is lacy. I’d say we will get Wright, Robbins, possibly Knight-Goff, possibly Weaver, and maybe one of the O-linemen out in the state. Herron will go elsewhere.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard any indication from Chris or others that he has serious interest, plus it appears his top choices are several big 10 schools. Also when was the last time we snagged a player in the top 50? Wouldn’t hold my breath on that DB in the top 20 or Herron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT