ADVERTISEMENT

Who leaves the team? Roster Review

Cardinal Cash

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2016
I hope the entire freshman class sans Travis stays. They showed heart and maturity beyond their years.

The Pass brothers, I’d like to see sent packing. I used to be a big supporter of Jawon, but his lack of leadership and bad attitude are not worth his mediocre at best talent. Khane is the worst safety I have ever seen on a football field. Who gets a 15 yard head start on a receiver on a third and long and then sprints forward to leave him streaking down the field for an easy TD? That made it 42-10 and the route was on even worse.

I also think Russ Yeast should move to offense or transfer. He just does not have the lateral quickness to play corner at the power 5 level. And the fact that he considered quitting on the team is pretty telling.

I want Anthony Johnson to stay. He’s probably the most important/talented player on the defense other than keeping what few mediocre defensive tackles we have (Boykin and Goldwire).

I also want Tresean Smith to stay. The guy plays hard and is one of our best tacklers. He also has quite a bit of talent. I could also see him being a leader on this team going forward as he was big on recruiting his class after he came aboard.

Dorian Etheridge plays hard as well and I think he has enough talent to play at this level. We need him to step up and be a leader.

If we start to hear about some of the highlighted good players with good attitudes leaving in the next few months then we will be in trouble for next season. If we hear that the weeds being uprooted then maybe the culture can change quickly.

Here’s hoping we get a new coach soon and some changes are made.

Reactions: Smithereen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News