ADVERTISEMENT

Where Do We Go from Here?

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
So we have a serviceable coach who is capable of lower tier bowl results. However he cannot get us over the hump against Clemson and UK. At this point we are still rolling with Satt and hope that this stellar recruiting class comes to fruition.

Does Heird give him a raise and extension?

Can Satt invigorate our blasé fanbase?

What is our team identity? This year we became a defensive-minded team. Does Bryan Brown stick around or is his star burning bright again?

Just feels like we are in this quagmire of being a plain program.

Last edited:
So we have a serviceable coach who is capable of lower tier bowl results. However he cannot get us over the hump against Clemson and UK. At this point we are still rolling with Satt and hope that this stellar recruiting class comes to fruition.

Does Heird give him a raise and extension?

Can Satt invigorate our blasé fanbase?

What is our team identity? This year we became a defensive-minded team. Does Bryan Brown stick around or is his star burning bright against?

Just feels like we are in this quagmire of being a plain program.
All good questions.
Today our team identity was the defense held together and kept the game close despite the putrid offensive performance..

The fanbase needs to decide if they want to or know how to support P5 CFB or not. Winning games does not happen in a vacuum. Do the players deserve fan support or not? Do 1/3 to 1/2 empty seats inspire the team on or deflate them? Can fan noise and support win games?

The raise or extension issue has to have criteria that is met or exceeded base on performance. The sad thing is you could put 100 die hard Card FB fans in a room and ask that question and likely get little if any consensus on the answer to that question. A permanent School President would help calm the waters on this issue too IMO...one who 100% supports the Athletic Department would be awesome.

I would rather be where we are now than have a quitter of a coach with a 2-7 record by him and 10 losses on the year with the team/program cratering to it lowest point in 20 years or so...who choose to flee the program when the going got a little too tough for him. He left a lot to overcome for any successor coach.

CSS has washed the stench of that year off the program and led this years team...facing its highest SoS in the history of the program to a winning 7-5 record and bowl eligibility. A win in the bowl game would be a good sign and momentum going into 2023.

Then sign the highest rated class of recruits in Cards history and fill the needs/gaps in the roster with a stellar portal haul and then let the chips fall where they may. Exorcise the curse of BP on programs he ditched and continue the arduous climb up the ACC and National mountain.

Without checking the roster...next year should be the first year of no more BP recruits on the team and truly CSS team of players he recruited into the program. Lets see how that works out for us. Will be a big year for him and the program.

Reactions: Sawyer
I don’t know is the best answer. I will say they are in a much better place than they were when he arrived.

You have to look around the country to winning is not easy.

Offensively

OLine-they have to get better up front. They have to be able to impose their will. They are better without a doubt.

I think Clarkson is legit and they have to keep Johnson. It needs to be a competition.

I think the area of most concern with transfers is at WR and RB. Too many. They have to figure out why kids are leaving the offense. They have to bring in speed to WR. Playing time galore. I would bring in another freshman running back.

Defense-overall great turnaround. The concern is it is built on turnovers.

DL is in good shape if everyone stays. Always need bigger bodies. Need major influx of talent at LB-CB-SS.

The landscape has shifted with transfers and NIL. We are in year 2 of the shift. This year will be nuts in the portal. Good news skill wise you aren’t losing anyone that can’t or haven’t addressed.

I think the ACC is up for grabs. The only question is can Louisville acquire enough talent to grab it.

You probably see a mild shake up with the assistant coaching staffing which is probably pretty common?

You go to the portal to find a starting QB and try to secure as much of this recruiting class you can.

Really need to raid the portal. Feels like there is playing time available in a lot of places.

RB’s are/will transfer because there is already so much talent in the room. Cooley, Mitchell, Jordan, and Evans could all start for a P5 school. Even with Tiyon leaving, Owen’s’ arrival forces some really good backs out the door.

WR? I legitimately believe that WR’s didn’t like to play with Malik. Malik didn’t consistently go through his progressions and often picked a favorite receiver. If you weren’t the chosen one, he wasn’t going to get the ball to you often. Malik was a really good college QB, but he wasn’t the best at taking the pass the offense gave him. We will see how that goes once Satt moves to a different QB style.

Reactions: BPGhost and Mayoman
I think they left for NIL deals. I think both would have had better years at Louisville. Hard to say if Malik was a big reason.

Transferring-quitting middle of the year is a bad idea unless it is family related. They at least did it right. Harrell was bad timing.

we suck again GIF

RB’s are/will transfer because there is already so much talent in the room. Cooley, Mitchell, Jordan, and Evans could all start for a P5 school. Even with Tiyon leaving, Owen’s’ arrival forces some really good backs out the door.

WR? I legitimately believe that WR’s didn’t like to play with Malik. Malik didn’t consistently go through his progressions and often picked a favorite receiver. If you weren’t the chosen one, he wasn’t going to get the ball to you often. Malik was a really good college QB, but he wasn’t the best at taking the pass the offense gave him. We will see how that goes once Satt moves to a different QB style.
Hopefully Tiyon doesn’t leave - he has at least another year of eligibility. He just has to try and stay in the field. That said - you don’t sign the #1 or #2 RB in the class to redshirt or not play him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT