ADVERTISEMENT

When is it targeting by the offensive guy?!?

BPGhost

6000+
Jun 23, 2015
RBs and WRs routinely lower their head and initiate contact but I have never seen it called on the offense. Something has to be done about that rule because it’s bullshit.

Reactions: Got8WeDue
I myself have wondered the exact same thing and even asked many sports enthusiasts the same thing..Running backs constantly lower their helmets and constantly committ head to head contact..I guess it might have something to do with a running back or wide receiver having only one use of an arm considering they are carrying the rock and lack of time to make a conscious decision to do it..Then you see a lead blocker either being a running back,fullback, or receiver lower their head and going straight for the defensive players helmet..

Reactions: BPGhost
I would say it is an interpretation of the rule by saying that a tackler or defensive player is not defenseless because he has his arms and can sidestep the runner.

It just happened in the game against WKU. The announcers thought the Louisville player was going to get tossed for targeting, but they tossed the WKU player because he apparently initiated the targeting.

Or I was drinking. :eek:

It just happened in the game against WKU. The announcers thought the Louisville player was going to get tossed for targeting, but they tossed the WKU player because he apparently initiated the targeting.

Or I was drinking. :eek:
Pretty sure that was on a punt Cue - technically the WKU guy was on offense since they were punting but, it was just two guys downfield hitting each other.

I can promise you I was drinking - and will be the rest of the season during Card games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT