ADVERTISEMENT

When does Vince rethink his relationship with adidas?...

I love discussion. I just don't need fluff.

"Vince" backed himself into a corner with all of this ethics and virtue garbage. He's in a business--which he probably didn't understand (lacking AD credentials)--where you can't always keep your hands perfectly clean. And in order to curry favor, he tried to posture as "Saint Vince" coming in the door.

We should anticipate future commentary like the newspaper article as more dirt comes out about adidas. At least that article didn't mention hypocrisy on U of L's part, but that wouldn't be an unfair perspective for a journalist to have...

saint-vince.jpg

He came in the door after serving on the Foundation Board and chairing it’s Finance Committee where he was creating policies that actually created and mandated proper oversight. Clearly high level college athletics is full of contradictions. It’s a multi-billion dollar business centered around unpaid athletes. Regardless of how UofL and adidas improperly acted in the past doesn’t mean that has to be the rule going forward. You thought you had some slick “gotcha” moment regarding Tyra. In reality you look like scorned soul pushing some weird agenda.

Reactions: Riddle-me-this
He came in the door after serving on the Foundation Board and chairing it’s Finance Committee where he was creating policies that actually created and mandated proper oversight. Clearly high level college athletics is full of contradictions. It’s a multi-billion dollar business centered around unpaid athletes. Regardless of how UofL and adidas improperly acted in the past doesn’t mean that has to be the rule going forward. You thought you had some slick “gotcha” moment regarding Tyra. In reality you look like scorned soul pushing some weird agenda.
That’s a lotta rationalization to try to cover for “Vince” again. His business background has badly prepared him to be a big time AD.

U of L pays the price with every decision he makes—or avoids as the case with adidas. This guy was supposed to keep us OUT of the headlines...

That’s a lotta rationalization to try to cover for “Vince” again. His business background has badly prepared him to be a big time AD.

U of L pays the price with every decision he makes—or avoids as the case with adidas. This guy was supposed to keep us OUT of the headlines...

Let me know the next time we are in the headlines due to his malfeasance or lack of oversight. Every time you post in this thread you just further reveal your attempt to play “gotcha” with Tyra. It’s pathetic.

Reactions: Riddle-me-this
Evidently others are asking the same question... LINK

It's also becoming more apparent that the problem on adidas' end of things went beyond one or two rogue employees... LINK

When does it start looking more like a corporate or cultural issue with adidas?

Honest and ethical are just words without corresponding actions behind them...

Pizza-Guy-amp-Friends.jpg
Adidas is not any more unethical than Nike.

Let me know the next time we are in the headlines due to his malfeasance or lack of oversight. Every time you post in this thread you just further reveal your attempt to play “gotcha” with Tyra. It’s pathetic.
“Post in this thread” vs newspaper headline. Pathetic is comparing those two...

If Tyra cut ties with Adidas your next thread would be Clown Show throws away more money. Kind of damned if he does damned if he doesnt.

Zipp was just looking for creative ways to further espouse his lonely agenda. He gets some credit for being creative although it clearly failed miserably.

Last edited:
I haven’t had a chance to read the NoA yet ... did anything in that Notice level a charge against the UofL athletic department, or any member of it, for choosing to continue to do business with Adidas?

I suspect not. So if the NCAA tries to use it as justification for punishing UofL harshly in this case, then they would be giving UofL a legitimate case for an appeal. That would be exactly like the way UofL got their postseason ban overturned in 1996 when the NCAA failed to notify UofL of the full scope of the allegations they were facing.

And if UofL isn’t being accused of a failure to show true remorse for their actions due to continuing their relationship with Adidas, then zipp is attempting to hold Vince to a standard that no one, not even the NCAA, cares about.

chevelle99’s Monty Python video is exactly on point. Perhaps we should be charging zipp $5 to participate in this thread!

Zipp was just looking for creative ways to further espouse his lonely agenda. He gets some credit for being creative although it clearly failed miserably.
Let's not give me too much credit.. All I do is read the newspaper...

I haven’t had a chance to read the NoA yet ... did anything in that Notice level a charge against the UofL athletic department, or any member of it, for choosing to continue to do business with Adidas?

I suspect not. So if the NCAA tries to use it as justification for punishing UofL harshly in this case, then they would be giving UofL a legitimate case for an appeal. That would be exactly like the way UofL got their postseason ban overturned in 1996 when the NCAA failed to notify UofL of the full scope of the allegations they were facing.

And if UofL isn’t being accused of a failure to show true remorse for their actions due to continuing their relationship with Adidas, then zipp is attempting to hold Vince to a standard that no one, not even the NCAA, cares about...
Nice left turn... This has nothing to do with the NCAA or their NOA.

And I'm not holding "Vince" to any standard that he's not holding himself to... LINK

To some anyway, it's apparently more than standing at a microphone in front of cameras. But it's funny how this stuff gets selectively whitewashed by "Vince" apologists...

Zipp are you recommending UofL should cut ties with Adidas? What's plan B?
Holier than a saint and can't raise money. It sounds like he kinda put himself there.

And excuse me for pointing that out...
LOL tell me another AD under their watch had: Coach screwing a mistress in restaurant, strippers/prostitutes for recruits, rogue coaches paying recruits, National Championship stripped and yet you think they should have zero culpability.

Zipp are you recommending UofL should cut ties with Adidas? What's plan B?
I don't think you can afford to turn your back on $16 million annually unless you're Warren Buffett or Apple Computer.

What you CAN do is be honest about yourself your situation. When that starts at U of L, fans and money may start to dribble back in. You're a smart guy, but let me know if you want me to spell out the specifics...

Last edited:
LOL tell me another AD under their watch had: Coach screwing a mistress in restaurant, strippers/prostitutes for recruits, rogue coaches paying recruits, National Championship stripped and yet you think they should have zero culpability.
Even if true, what does any of that have to do with "Vince" and adidas? Help me out...

Last edited:
“I don't think you can afford to turn your back on $16 million“

So you initiate this thread to circle back to this conclusion. Oy vey
And now a small left turn...

This thread isn't just about adidas. As you know, it's also about "VINCE".

And since I'm not that guy--thank God--I would have had the option to justify my decision financially. He doesn't, he's too good...

Even if true, what does any of that have to do with "Vince" and adidas? Help me out...[/QUOTE
I would rather do some budget control than go through the national embarrassment we have gone through which still isn't over yet. Last AD left us with a $14m mistake.

What is not true?
Your prior post doesn’t make complete sense, but it looks like you’re trying to justify the adidas relationship now with “budget control.”

You do realize how much more money “Vince” is spending compared to the time before he got here? His increase is staggering...

Nike is clearly sketchy and now Under Armor is delaying payments due to cash flow problems. Has anyone checked on Converse or Sketchers?

I would love for us to switch to Nike

Our bargaining position right now would be ridiculously bad. The relationship with adidas is fractured and Under Armor can’t pay their bills right now. Not to mention we are potentially looking at a one or two year NCAA tourney ban. Hard to see Nike opening up the wallet wide. And on top of that Nike clearly isn’t made up of Mother Teresa’s

Our bargaining position right now would be ridiculously bad. The relationship with adidas is fractured and Under Armor can’t pay their bills right now. Not to mention we are potentially looking at a one or two year NCAA tourney ban. Hard to see Nike opening up the wallet wide. And on top of that Nike clearly isn’t made up of Mother Teresa’s
Not to mention, @beantowncard said that we couldn't get outta the adidas contract.

I'd love to see adidas' reaction in 2020 if we popped that question... :p

And now a small left turn...

This thread isn't just about adidas. As you know, it's also about "VINCE".

And since I'm not that guy--thank God--I would have had the option to justify my decision financially. He doesn't, he's too good...

Let's be honest, every thread you start is about Vince. You sound like a broken zipper.

You have some personal vendetta against Vince. Is Lori your ex? Did his kids beat your kids at something? Did he bully you in high school? Did he spurn your advances?

Here's an idea, Give Vince a call and request a loser leave town battle in a cage match. They can charge admission with all the proceeds going to UofL athletics. This will help provide money to the organization you say Vince is running into the ground. If you win you get to try being AD because with all your criticism you surely know how to properly run it. If Vince wins you leave town, shut the F up and go cheer (I mean tear down) some other school's athletics. I imagine there are a lot of people around town that would love to see you get your ass whooped.

Let's be honest, every thread you start is about Vince. You sound like a broken zipper.

You have some personal vendetta against Vince. Is Lori your ex? Did his kids beat your kids at something? Did he bully you in high school? Did he spurn your advances?

Here's an idea, Give Vince a call and request a loser leave town battle in a cage match. They can charge admission with all the proceeds going to UofL athletics. This will help provide money to the organization you say Vince is running into the ground. If you win you get to try being AD because with all your criticism you surely know how to properly run it. If Vince wins you leave town, shut the F up and go cheer (I mean tear down) some other school's athletics. I imagine there are a lot of people around town that would love to see you get your ass whooped.
"A$$ whooped"...LOL. The idiot test.

If all of my posts are monotonous and on the same subject, there's no reason for you to be clicking on them. That would be my recommendation to help you with your problem...

"A$$ whooped"...LOL. The idiot test.

If all of my posts are monotonous and on the same subject, there's no reason for you to be clicking on them. That would be my recommendation to help you with your problem...
All your post are monotonous and on the same subject. Personally I like to read them to see your latest spin is on Vince and the clown show.

Last edited:
Reactions: zipp
All your post are monotonous and on the same subject. Personally I like to read them to see your latest spin is on Vince and the clown show.
It doesn't matter what you think. As long as you're not whining about what you're reading, knock yourself out.

It's kinda stupid to come to a message board to NOT read posts anyway. But if that keeps you sane...

(Your "clown show" remark gets you a 'like'...)

Reactions: teamcanada
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT