ADVERTISEMENT

What grade would you give the 2018 UofL sports year?

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Let's see, the men's basketball team didn't make the NCAAT after a tumultuous season. But, the women made the Final Four and had a great year. The baseball team had a good season, but couldn't get out of the Regionals. The football team obviously sucked beyond our wildest imaginations. The soccer team had a big year, despite the disappointing early round tournament loss. Mallory Comerford continues to do great things in the pool. Dorcas Wasike was recently named ACC Runner of the Year in Cross Country. I'm sure I'm overlooking other athletic dept. highlights. Obviously, the revenue generating sports had difficult 2018's, but there are still many positive things happening with athletics at UofL. But, those two revenue generating sports carry a lot of weight towards the final grade. Despite the encouraging start to the 18/19 basketball season, and the women's undefeated start, I'm going to give UofL's 2018 sports year a C.

You have to weigh bball/football differently than the others, IMO. With that said, C-/D+. Basketball would be a C and football a very low F.

Agree with Louis. Only two revenue sports and they get:
Mens Basketball : C
Football : F-

They both get an F....football is obvious and wasn’t expecting much out of basketball but they still shoul have been able to make the tournament

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT