ADVERTISEMENT

Well...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
I guess the Mack rumors will be confirmed or debunked in the next day or two.

If he's worth five million, I'm worth at least a couple. Leonard Freaking Hamilton...

gettyimages-481919793.jpg

If he's worth five million, I'm worth at least a couple. Leonard Freaking Hamilton...

gettyimages-481919793.jpg

FSU easily has the better talent even if it is Hamilton. Macura had some terrible calls against him. They had nothing for the length of FSU

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Yell Mack beat #2 seeded Fl.st in the same round last year.
Padgett with low IQ players beat FSU TWICE this year. Mack's mistake was he should have called Padgett for advice.

BTW another team Padgett should have beaten this year--Syracuse--knocked Michigan State out this weekend...

Reactions: wilkie01
Padgett with low IQ players beat FSU TWICE this year. Mack's mistake was he should have called Padgett for advice.

BTW another team Padgett should have beaten this year--Syracuse--knocked Michigan State out this weekend...

Uh, slight correction zipp. That would be “low basketball IQ players”. I know that you are aware that our kids are as intelligent as anyone else’s. Anas is an engineering student at the Speed School which speaks highly of him from that perspective. Just sayin’ that’s all.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I think tournament really shows you how over paid coaches are in terms of their importance. Look if your teams can't shoot straight and the other team lights it up I don't care who is coaching their going down. UMBC and Buffalo couldn't not miss the first night but the second go around they couldn't hit a thing. You team plays lights out for 30 minutes then falls apart. Were you a really good coach for 30 minutes and crap they last 10? That is the beauty of the tournament.

The question that has to be answered is who can build a program at Louisville? Billy D is the only coach I would say would be a glam slam hire. All the rest are going to be good hires not great. Mack has built a really good or maintained program at Xavier for 9 years. He would be a good hire.

Reactions: earsky
We’re talking basketball here.

Why would anyone think it was anything other than BB IQ?

People just look for ish.

Just sayin’. :confused:

Reactions: zipp
Uh, slight correction zipp. That would be “low basketball IQ players”...
Yeah, that was just my shorthand. Our team GPA used to be among the best.
...The question that has to be answered is who can build a program at Louisville?...
Correct. The new U of L coach has a much bigger job ahead of him than just coaching basketball. Our less enlightened fans don't understand that...

Billy Donovan, Jay Wright, Brad Stevens. That's the 3 home run hires.
I like the way you think but realistically - only Donovan is a possibility in that list. We have a 0.0% chance at Wright and probably less than that at Stevens.

Reactions: Kentucky31
I like the way you think but realistically - only Donovan is a possibility in that list. We have a 0.0% chance at Wright and probably less than that at Stevens.
Yeah I know and that just goes to show you how small the home run hire list really is. I think we'll have to settle.

Uh, slight correction zipp. That would be “low basketball IQ players”. I know that you are aware that our kids are as intelligent as anyone else’s. Anas is an engineering student at the Speed School which speaks highly of him from that perspective. Just sayin’ that’s all.

I’m in speed school and have friends in multiple majors and haven’t seen Anas in that part of campus. If he’s in engineering he is likely doing it as more of an independent study or isn’t in speed school, because I believe he would have to do 3 co-ops to graduate. I believe I heard a while ago he dropped engineering. I think the announcers might have made a mistake yesterday. If he is still in engineering, then he’s basically home schooling himself or having a tutor proctor all of his classwork/exams.

There's zero evidence that Mack has what it takes to be a "lifer" anywhere. DP has that much of a chance...

Mack would not be settling. He is a young coach. He could be a lifer here and build a legacy while at it.

UofL does not go through coaches like other schools. we have had 2 since I have been alive
So you are 18 years old? Good to know. I was alive when Peck Hickman was coaching. I saw coach Dromo before coach Crum. I watched coach Crum get fired (forced to retire) and replaced by coach Pitino. I saw him get fired and watched coach Padgett coach them this year. That's 5 in my lifetime and apparently it'll be 6 real soon assuming I continue to breath over the course of a few more days, weeks, months. :D

So you are 18 years old? Good to know. I was alive when Peck Hickman was coaching. I saw coach Dromo before coach Crum. I watched coach Crum get fired (forced to retire) and replaced by coach Pitino. I saw him get fired and watched coach Padgett coach them this year. That's 5 in my lifetime and apparently it'll be 6 real soon assuming I continue to breath over the course of a few more days, weeks, months. :D
Padgett is not the head coach. He is an interim coach put in place after years of scandals until the next head coach is hired.

Nice try though...

Padgett is not the head coach. He is an interim coach put in place after years of scandals until the next head coach is hired.

Nice try though...
Coach Padgett is the interim HEAD coach, so yes he was the head coach for this past year, and is currently still the head coach. Just being factual.

Hickman
Dromo
Howard Stacey* interim
Crum
Pitino
Padgett* interim
???

That'll be 7, not 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: nccardfan
Coach Padgett is the interim HEAD coach, so yes he was the head coach for this past year, and is currently still the head coach. Just being factual.

Hickman
Dromo
Howard Stacey* interim
Crum
Pitino
Padgett* interim
???

That'll be 7, not 6.
You're so cool and factual and literal. Can I be more like you cool guy?

Reactions: Cue Card

But I understood Zipp, He was talking about thier lack of basketball IQ.

ADVERTISEMENT