ADVERTISEMENT

Well...that's a shame.

After the L down selfies at the end of the game last year, couldn't have happened to a bigger jack in McGinnis. Womp womp. Still have one more win against UF than them in the past 31 years.

That was a good game to watch in the fourth quarter. Kentucky is better than I thought although Florida is crippled with suspensions.

Yes, UK is a solid team. I do feel bad for all my UK fan friends and relatives. That ending was rough to watch.

Reactions: rockycard
I can't remember the last time I saw a wide receiver left totally wide open in a game that led to a touchdown. I just saw it twice in the same game. Has anyone else seen anything like that in any other game this year? I mean seriously.

Not this year, no. But I'm pretty sure we got beat by a similar play against Southern Miss years ago. A USM receiver pretended to be talking to the coaches near the sideline, but still on the field of play; only to take off down the field as the ball was snapped. He wasn't covered by any UofL defender, and if memory serves, caught a wide open pass for TD that lead to a USM win.

But yeah, twice in one game by the same team is pretty unbelievable...and hard to stomach if it's your team getting fooled.

The Southern Miss trick play was in 1999.
Kragthorpe era ended in 2009.

These are not recent events. I just saw this twice in one game.

Anyone know what channel the replay of this masterpiece UK turd may be airing on later? Thanks Mitch, in advance :D

SeC network should replay it tomorrow.

I only watched the last 40 seconds.

I think i'll watch the replay :D :D

Listening to larry glover now.
Will venture over to crap pawz later !

Reactions: American Male
giphy.gif

On the first TD with the uncovered FL receiver, the wideout ran outside into formation TOWARD the LPT sideline. In the So Miss game, the WR ran toward his own sideline as if he were coming off the field.

Not only couldn't the FL receiver do that, he was standing right in front of the LPT bench. How do you not call out to a DB to come over and cover the guy?

IIRC, the second instance was on the opposite side of the field...

Those open receivers were not trick plays, it was a normal vanilla formation, lol. Even the QB was shocked to see them uncovered.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
Those open receivers were not trick plays, it was a normal vanilla formation, lol. Even the QB was shocked to see them uncovered.

Ok, it happens once, blown assignment. Disappointing, but no biggie. We've all been there. It happens a 2nd time, late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, that's really not good. That's inexcusable.

Ok, it happens once, blown assignment. Disappointing, but no biggie. We've all been there. It happens a 2nd time, late in the 4th quarter with the game on the line, that's really not good. That's inexcusable.
I have to think that interpretation is mild, lol. Let's face it, that was 2 of the stupidest plays any of us have ever seen. In one freaking ballgame!! Watching Stoops wander around looking for someone to blame - both times, ha ha - added a garnish of garlic and Cayenne Pepper.

I only watched the first half. It was a good half of football. Like someone said, Florida was very depleted. This is the year to win the east. I can't think of a more down SEC in a long time.

If UK can't capitalize on it now, they probably never will.

The way our team is playing, they may be in a dog fight with the kitty Cats. That is not saying much though because our teams has many issues. This just looks like the same old cats team with better uniforms in a worse conference. Brooks would have won that game

UK has wasted 5 years of the SEC East being down. With how UT, Florida, Georgia and to some extent South Carolina recruits UK is always behind the eight ball. Missouri is a train wreck. The reality is the SEC has made some terrible hires during this period of time. Butch Jones isn't going to survive, Mushchamp is a terrible head coach, and I am not sure Florida's coach is very good either. This is the year for UK.

They have a really good QB. He makes plays. Their offensive front is pretty good and they have good enough player makers. Defensively, they are much more physical and overall better. Still lack DLine talent. With that said they haven't played a good offense, but they won't face any offensive juggernauts either. Louisville will be the best offensive they will see. They can win 8-9 games with this schedule and probably should. I would feel great if Louisville had their schedule this year easy 10 wins and I that would with me counting a loss to UK. The SEC East offenses are so bad I think even Louisville's defense would keep these teams in check.

Reactions: Mike'sMarbles
The most amazing thing about the 31 year streak is that time after time Florida enters the game usually after playing a big SEC game like the Hail Mary last week against #23 Tennessee and is probably sleepwalking when they play the Slappies. And a lot of times the Gators play the Mildcats as a 'sandwich' game.

Still, for more than 3 decades of the game being a Calipari Super Bowl for the Cayuts, they are a perfect 0-31. Nice.

I can't remember the last time I saw a wide receiver left totally wide open in a game that led to a touchdown. I just saw it twice in the same game. Has anyone else seen anything like that in any other game this year? I mean seriously.

Not this year, no. But I'm pretty sure we got beat by a similar play against Southern Miss years ago. A USM receiver pretended to be talking to the coaches near the sideline, but still on the field of play; only to take off down the field as the ball was snapped. He wasn't covered by any UofL defender, and if memory serves, caught a wide open pass for TD that lead to a USM win.

But yeah, twice in one game by the same team is pretty unbelievable...and hard to stomach if it's your team getting fooled.

Sad part is that there was no fooling or trickery. He was lined up where WR line up. SuCk just completely ignored the player....TWICE! Unbelievable

It wasn't a Hail Mary. Just blown coverage late in the game. Not even remotely close to what UK did last night.
Yes it was. CB Woodny Turenne took the blame but it was mostly the fault of the deep Safety hesitating to get over to help him.

Damn, I thought I had buried that memory.

Yes it was. CB Woodny Turenne took the blame but it was mostly the fault of the deep Safety hesitating to get over to help him.

It wasn't a Hail Mary. We had a Hail Mary after giving up the score. Harry caught it but got tackled. I was at the game.

They were damn near in position to knock the ball down.
I knew from that loss that kragdud was a horrible coach.

It wasn't a Hail Mary. We had a Hail Mary after giving up the score. Harry caught it but got tackled. I was at the game.
The "Yes it was" comment was agreeing with you that it was a blown coverage. It definitely was not a Hail Mary.

I remember it all too well.

Reactions: CardX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT