ADVERTISEMENT

welcome UK fans and trolls

I understand but, there's a big difference between being a teacher at the school and being a professional outside of it, as far as time put in.

If BP would hire any HS coach in Louisville, it would almost certainly be Beatty at Trinity.

Tough to argue this logic. Carry on :D

Reactions: BPGhost
Who knows? But it confirms that discussing our O-line coaching with you has the benefits I thought it did...
@zipp @BPGhost
I am just a fan that is completely frustrated with the status of our team. That is all. I can not understand why we can not put a quality offensive line on the field. I can not undertand why we have so many penalties, especially false starts on the center. until Hughley, I have never seen that call in the history of football.

I believe we deserve better play from our offensive line. Hopefully Jurich feels the same way.

So I don't think I qualify as a troll, and I'm on the record on the basketball board here as a UK fan who doesn't really care about UK football. As a matter of fact, I watched the OSU/Michigan game on Saturday.

I've had this conversation with some U of L fan friends of mine over beers - yes, U of L has made the requisite investments in staff and facilities to take a step up, and your program is certainly in better shape than ours. But the fact remains, to truly compete for national titles, you need to recruit ELITE talent. Look at the usual suspects - Bama, OSU, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Oklahoma etc - and they have one thing in common - they are bringing in top 10-15 classes EVERY year. Louisville is recruiting at roughly the same level as Utah, North Carolina, West VA, etc. Coaching can overcome some of it, but until that changes, you guys are gonna put up solid seasons but ultimately fall short of winning titles.

This isn't meant as a sleight - as I said, your program is in wonderful shape, you've got a fantastic AD, your coach has an incredible football mind - but talent wins out at the end of the day.

Jackson should still win the Heisman, he's the best player in the country, and you have to shudder to think where you'd be without him this year.

UofL is currently ranked #22 in Rivals recruiting

Reactions: beasleythecard
@zipp @BPGhost
I am just a fan that is completely frustrated with the status of our team. That is all. I can not understand why we can not put a quality offensive line on the field. I can not undertand why we have so many penalties, especially false starts on the center. until Hughley, I have never seen that call in the history of football.

I believe we deserve better play from our offensive line. Hopefully Jurich feels the same way.
Thanks for clearing that up - I was still a little confused about your position given the ambiguity of your posts - lol.

Who knows? But it confirms that discussing our O-line coaching with you has the benefits I thought it did...
our two biggest games, Houston and kentucky, we were not prepared, undiciplined, unorganized, lost, and completely out of sorts.

tell me how doe a team that is supposed to e a championship team look so bad.

then tell me why you are so happy with this team looking sooooooooooo bad.

our two biggest games, Houston and kentucky, we were not prepared, undiciplined, unorganized, lost, and completely out of sorts.

tell me how doe a team that is supposed to e a championship team look so bad.

then tell me why you are so happy with this team looking sooooooooooo bad.
I never said any of those things. What I did say, in effect, is I don't think you have a clue how to address the points you're trying to make...

I never said any of those things. What I did say, in effect, is I don't think you have a clue how to address the points you're trying to make...
well, that makes me equal to the team because they have no idea how to block, and we have nothing that resembles a run game without Lamar running for his life.

we need an offensive line coach to get this kid a line and teach them how to block, and us have a center that does not false start.

if we had an offensive line, and a running game, we would be undefeated.

so go walk klenakis's dog clean up after it and eat it because that will taste better than what we have as an offensive line and running game.

UofL is currently ranked #22 in Rivals recruiting

Right Kerry - but go back 2 years. 5 years. The same schools are always at the top, and those schools are always playing for it all. My only point with the above post was that I don't think it is any more realistic for U of L to expect to contend for the national title in football than it is for teams that recruit in the same general zone you guys do - teams like Utah and UNC and West Va, and yes, even Kentucky. The fact that you guys were still in the conversation 3 weeks ago is amazing actually.

Right Kerry - but go back 2 years. 5 years. The same schools are always at the top, and those schools are always playing for it all. My only point with the above post was that I don't think it is any more realistic for U of L to expect to contend for the national title in football than it is for teams that recruit in the same general zone you guys do - teams like Utah and UNC and West Va, and yes, even Kentucky. The fact that you guys were still in the conversation 3 weeks ago is amazing actually.

You don't know chit. Sounds like you work for an agent. The NFL is full of low star talent.

You don't know chit. Sounds like you work for an agent. The NFL is full of low star talent.

If you can find actual results that contradict my statement, I'm all ears.

You're right about the NFL, but that lower star talent comes from a bunch of different teams. It's not like they all play for the same school.

Last edited:
It's all about the rating system. :rolleyes: Look another sensible UK fan here just to talk sports! :rolleyes: Sounds like you work for an agent.

I think I have a pretty solid history on this board of being reasonable, even to the point of being called out on the UK boards because of it. If the fact that I'm a UK fan precludes you from having a discussion with me, no worries. You guys had a great season, it ended in a frustrating way but 9-3 in a decent conference is nothing to scoff at.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I think I have a pretty solid history on this board of being reasonable, even to the point of being called out on the UK boards because of it. If the fact that I'm a UK fan precludes you from having a discussion with me, no worries. You guys had a great season, it ended in a frustrating way but 9-3 in a decent conference is nothing to scoff at.

It's your message. It's poison to the sport. I see it this way. Nobody has a crystal ball, so nobody really knows who will blossom and who will wither.

That's a great 'liked' to posts ratio you got there Mr. Sensible. You must say very popular things all the time. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnKBA
It's your message. It's poison to the sport. I see it this way. Nobody has a crystal ball, so nobody really knows who will blossom and who will wither.

That's a great 'liked' to posts ratio you go there Mr. Sensible. You must say very popular things all the time. LOL

I think it's because the bar is so low Omega - it's like "holy crap, a UK fan said something that wasn't utterly stupid and ridiculous = like." :D

Reactions: The Public Enemy
I think it's because the bar is so low Omega - it's like "holy crap, a UK fan said something that wasn't utterly stupid and ridiculous = like." :D

Hilarious....not that hard to not be a lunatic message board person...I feel I'm pretty good at it on your board.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnKBA
Beasleythecard, I hope you're feeling better today little buddy. The Cards are still ranked 13 in the polls. Sure we crapped the bed the last two weeks. Hopefully the team gets healthy the next 4 weeks and plays up to your standards in the bowl game.

Beasleythecard, I hope you're feeling better today little buddy. The Cards are still ranked 13 in the polls. Sure we crapped the bed the last two weeks. Hopefully the team gets healthy the next 4 weeks and plays up to your standards in the bowl game.
if you can say that you are happy with the quality of line play this season, I will be your butler for the month of january. My standard is that we can have a running game with running backs. Lamar running for his life is not my idea of a running game.

you can not like the tone of me saying what I say, but if you do not like the substance of my saying the line is garbage and you disagree, please provide proof of our line having a pulse.

Last edited:
if you can say that you are happy with the quality of line play this season, I will be your butler for the month of january. My standard is that we can have a running game with running backs. Lamar running for his life is not my idea of a running game.

you can not like the tone of me saying what I say, but if you do not like the substance of my saying the line is garbage and you disagree, please provide proof of our line having a pulse.
Outside of Houston, the line played pretty well compared to last season. Our Oline was not the problem against UK, when you score 38 points you should win. Their Oline dominated our Dline like nobody else this year. I give UK credit for making the plays to win the game.

Our Oline was not the problem against UK,
that was the DUMBEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SAID. How many sacks did uk have against us? hurries and such?

then ask how many times did we sack the uk quarterback or even hurry him?

uk has a better line than we do and a better line coach. it is not even close. if you cant see that, i will personally pay for your eye exam.

that was the DUMBEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SAID. How many sacks did uk have against us? hurries and such?

then ask how many times did we sack the uk quarterback or even hurry him?

uk has a better line than we do and a better line coach. it is not even close. if you cant see that, i will personally pay for your eye exam.
I said their OLine dominated us. As far as DUMB comments, this thread is littered by them from you.

You inch closer to being a yut fan every day. Go ahead and rip the bandaid off and jump on the blue bandwagon - you'll fit in significantly better over there.
graduated from louisville
been a fan of louisville
season ticket holder

wish I could be as accepting of mediocre football like you are. , but then i would have to make another moniker and troll like you do because you are gutless and use this bpghost moniker to troll. Use your original account tough guy.

A real fan can be completely honest and say this team stinks on offense and defensive line and it does. if the issues are not addressed for next season we may be 6-6.
troll away J.R.

graduated from Louisville - But don't understand football.
been a fan of Louisville - Also don't understand basketball.
season ticket holder - But spend the majority of games trolling 'my' team on message boards or playing CandyCrush.

wish I could be as accepting of mediocre football like you are. , but then i would have to make another moniker and troll like you do because you are gutless and use this bpghost moniker to troll. Use your original account tough guy.

A real fan can be completely honest and say this team stinks on offense and defensive line and it does. if the issues are not addressed for next season we may be 6-6.
troll away J.R.

Fixed it for you. Two other things:

1. This is the only account / screen name that I have ever posted from - on any message board. As I said before, there is not anything that I've ever posted that I wouldn't say to someone's face, so there is no need to play silly games. I'm pretty sure that the mods have everyone's IP addresses. I suggest that you contact one of them to verify this fact.

2. With 0 coaching changes made, I will bet you $1000 right now that the football team goes better than 6-6 next year. Is it a bet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT