ADVERTISEMENT

welcome UK fans and trolls

Totally agree. If Petrino had any brains he wouldn't even send an OL out there - let LJ self hike it and send 10 out there on go / post routes. UofL would have been undefeated!
you are either petrino or his wife because you see nothing wrong with this pitiful team.

you are either petrino or his wife because you see nothing wrong with this pitiful team.
Good one! Let me see if I can play along.

You are either beasleythecard or beasleythecard's husband because you see nothing right with this team.

Nailed it!

Reactions: zipp
2011 UofL 24 uofk 17. No bowl for uofk
2012 UofL 32 uifk 14. No bowl for uofk
2013 UofL 27 uofk 13. No bowl for uofk.
2014 UofL 44 uofk 40. No bowl for 5-7 uofk.
2015 UofL 38 uofk 24. No bowl for 5-7 uofk.

Please tell us how youll dealt with it so we can do the same..........
2007, 2008 and 2009 ring any bells? Wasn't that long ago.

2007, 2008 and 2009 ring any bells? Wasn't that long ago.
No, for a yut fan I suppose not. Particularly when compared to uk losing to UF for 30+ straight years. Do you remember 2013? That's when Louisville hammered them in the Sugar Bowl.

What am I saying? Of course you remember - that's part of the reason you're here trolling - lol.

As has happened all year, turnovers kept teams in games with us. As bad as our defensive scheme was yesterday, we still had the game and gave it away. Kentucky took advantage, as they should have.

For us to take the next step, Bobby has to replace Grantham. He lined up 11 in the box as if the qb for Kentucky had a broken arm. Smdh

Reactions: beasleythecard
against houston, two guys had 13 penalties between them and they were in the game without penalty from the coaching staff. that in itself says everything about this team.
This is the same as it was the first time BP was coach here. They played undisciplined football. Way to many penalties.

Good one! Let me see if I can play along.

You are either beasleythecard or beasleythecard's husband because you see nothing right with this team.

Nailed it!
we have mastered the 5th grade argument all because this team stinks. I wish we didnt stink. I wish we would hire the coaches that would use the talent we have to the best of its ability. can you agree with that?

we have mastered the 5th grade argument all because this team stinks. I wish we didnt stink. I wish we would hire the coaches that would use the talent we have to the best of its ability. can you agree with that?
Of course I want coaches that utilize the talent we have to the fullest and, I also want those coaches to be able to bring in talent players and most importantly, capitalize on success and show consistent progress.

Petrino has been a winner ( with the exception of the NFL stint) everywhere he has gone. The same can be said for the other coaches on the staff. As I've said multiple times before, there are serious issues that need to be addressed. If the current staff is unable or unwilling to to do so, then they need to be replaced. I'm not sure what about that statement you don't seem to understand.

I also know that as long as I have followed Louisville football, there have been those who have demanded the firing of literally every DC we've ever had. There were those that couldn't stand Mike Cassidy, those (including myself) that thought Ron English was a joke, those who (particularly after the CFla game) thought Bedford sucked - it never ends.

I asked before - who are you going to replace TG and CK with?

who are you going to replace TG and CK with?
I have thought about both, and I believe we have to spend some money and get proven guys in here. Would louisville hire wolford to come home and teach these kids how to block? would mike singletary come to louisville? would louisville go after Tedy Bruschi? names help in recruiting, and we need to get better recruits.

I dont have all of the answers, but Grantham and his boner for the blitz wears the defense out and by the 4th quarter we have no gas left.

The plays where we were lost on defense and no one called time out really hurt. they scored on those plays.

Our offensive line play since the clemson game has been very sub par. I do not see that we got better in any phase of the game, and if you do not improve, you need to change.

We did not improve in any phase of the game as the season progressed. We actually Regressed Badly.

changes need to happen this offseason.

I have thought about both, and I believe we have to spend some money and get proven guys in here. Would louisville hire wolford to come home and teach these kids how to block? would mike singletary come to louisville? would louisville go after Tedy Bruschi? names help in recruiting, and we need to get better recruits.

I dont have all of the answers, but Grantham and his boner for the blitz wears the defense out and by the 4th quarter we have no gas left.

The plays where we were lost on defense and no one called time out really hurt. they scored on those plays.

Our offensive line play since the clemson game has been very sub par. I do not see that we got better in any phase of the game, and if you do not improve, you need to change.

We did not improve in any phase of the game as the season progressed. We actually Regressed Badly.

changes need to happen this offseason.
You're kidding - right? Will Wolford has been a bust at STX - a good portion of the alumni want him fired because he can't beat Male consistently and can't beat Trinity at all, much less win a state title. Singletary isn't at Grantham's level and Tedy Bruschi has never coached at any level.

As I posted yesterday, we did not blitz a tremendous amount against uk - defense got tired because of the injuries and the fact that the offense kept turning the ball over and putting them back on the field.

As I posted in another thread, Grantham is an excellent DC. The problem is with the complexity of his defense. When you have experienced players out there, they understand where they need to be and can play fast. Yesterday that wasn't the case. I do think he needs to simplify things moving forward.

Replace Grantham with Bedford
Replace klenakis with an NFL lineman coach
Replace the receivers coach.
Replace 2.0 Petrino with 1.0 Petrino

Last edited:
Replace Grantham with Bedford
Replace klenakis with an NFL lineman coach
Replace the receivers coach.
Replace 2.0 Petrino with 1.0 Petrino
Why do you want Galloway replaced? He has a track record as a great recruiter. Why do you think VB will be more successful here than he was at UT?

Sorry to hear about your Mom.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Why do you want Galloway replaced? He has a track record as a great recruiter. Why do you think VB will be more successful here than he was at UT?

Sorry to hear about your Mom.

Thanks BP.
Galloway needs another position .
Quick was the best and worst receiver.
Receivers often didnt come back to bail out Lamar.

Bedford had to go against basketball on grass happy Big12. Only WV could contain most of their opponents. Not even top 10 OU could slow anyone down.

Grantham had one gameplan. Unacceptable.

You're kidding - right? Will Wolford has been a bust at STX - a good portion of the alumni want him fired because he can't beat Male consistently and can't beat Trinity at all, much less win a state title. Singletary isn't at Grantham's level and Tedy Bruschi has never coached at any level.

As I posted yesterday, we did not blitz a tremendous amount against uk - defense got tired because of the injuries and the fact that the offense kept turning the ball over and putting them back on the field.

As I posted in another thread, Grantham is an excellent DC. The problem is with the complexity of his defense. When you have experienced players out there, they understand where they need to be and can play fast. Yesterday that wasn't the case. I do think he needs to simplify things moving forward.
What is so difficult about tackling the guy in front of you or keeping the WR from running past you?

What is so difficult about tackling the guy in front of you or keeping the WR from running past you?
apparently grantham is so much of a genious that his scheme is waaaaaaaaay to complex for the basic recruits we have to pick it up. It is year 3 and we cant run, pass or catch with any success, our defense is lost and never adjusts. All we do is blitz and wear our own defense out so that in the 4th quarter we are dead tired and subject to losing.

people love to lose with the complex moronic schemes of grantham. That is why people like @zipp and @BPGhost go out of their way to tell everybody how great grantham and klenakis are even when the results scream the opposite.

We are damn near undefeated when our running back has over 100 yards rushing, but yet our offensive line coach uses a technique of widening gaps that we are running towards instead of teaching proper block technique to open the run.

We fail to have a running game because this team is not fundementally prepared.

expect more of the same next season because no matter how florecent a moron grantham and klenakis are, they are accepted here at mediocre football university because all we expect is the citris bowl or russel athletic bowl.

I wish our coaches reflected winning football, and wanted championships. what we witnesses at Houston in particular is the worst prepared team in louisville history in its biggest game of the season. what is even sadder is some fans accept that trash and defend it like zipp and bpghost.

even the grantham in charge of special teams needs to be whacked. Our special teams did not assist us at any point this season, but ofeten times cost us field position.

bad football from bad coaches who need to be fired.

welcome to mediocre university where we will keep that trash on our sideline.

Last edited:
I understand it's about the practices. I don't see that as all that important. All things being equal, sure I want it. And I don't think what some random UK fan in Atlanta thinks is going to have that much effect on the program.

Just stop it. You are an embarrassment. It's all about the practice. To think otherwise is stupid.

It is year 3 and we cant run, pass or catch with any success, our defense is lost and never adjusts. All we do is blitz

people love to lose with the complex moronic schemes of grantham.

We fail to have a running game

I wish our coaches reflected winning football, and wanted championships.

Our special teams did not assist us at any point this season, but ofeten times cost us field position.

welcome to mediocre university where we will keep that trash on our sideline.
I've got to hand it to you BTD, you pack more unsubstantiated and unintelligent positions into your rambling word salad posts than the average troll.

The lack of football knowledge and understanding of this particular situation isn't terribly surprising as rather than watch the game, you are too busy posting dozens of times or playing candy crush. Now I know why you continued to buy tickets during the kragthorpe years - you don't watch the games anyway, so what do you care?

You say the program is at best mediocre and then suggest they hire a failed local HS coach, an NFL coach 10 years past his prime, and a guy who has NEVER coached to remedy the problems. What?

You make statements that not only are unsubstantiated but actually directly contradicted by facts. When that is pointed out, you mumble something about facts / stats having less meaning than your "eye test".

Clearly UofL sports make you even more miserable than you are to start with. I will suggest again that you might want to consider taking your "superfandom" talents to those programs that you have such a high regard for - WKU and KY St.

you are either Tom Jurich , Becky Petrino or just someone who gets kickbacks from grantham.

Anyone that sunshine pumps our football team since the Clemson game has money at stake.

I am glad that many people see that change is needed and that sunshine pumpers like you are the minority.

This team needs an overhaul, the coaching staff needs an overhaul.

you think it needs more of the same.

that is laughable

you are either Tom Jurich , Becky Petrino or just someone who gets kickbacks from grantham.

Anyone that sunshine pumps our football team since the Clemson game has money at stake.

I am glad that many people see that change is needed and that sunshine pumpers like you are the minority.

This team needs an overhaul, the coaching staff needs an overhaul.

you think it needs more of the same.

that is laughable
Everyone of those people - including Becky Petrino - have forgotten more football than you'll ever know. The Will Wolford / Tedy Bruschi suggestions underscore your incompetence in this area.

Anyone who has a reading comprehension problem as pronounced as yours, doesn't make enough money to have any of it at stake.

Spoiler alert for you chief, doubt that any of the people in decision making positions read this board, or make their decisions based upon the ramblings of know-nothings such as yourself.

So go ahead and bark at the moon until you hyperventilate or better yet since you hold UofL sports in such low regard, find another college to 'root' for.

One less person looking at their phone rather than watching the game. You won't be missed.

Everyone of those people - including Becky Petrino - have forgotten more football than you'll ever know. The Will Wolford / Tedy Bruschi suggestions underscore your incompetence in this area.

Anyone who has a reading comprehension problem as pronounced as yours, doesn't make enough money to have any of it at stake.

Spoiler alert for you chief, doubt that any of the people in decision making positions read this board, or make their decisions based upon the ramblings of know-nothings such as yourself.

So go ahead and bark at the moon until you hyperventilate or better yet since you hold UofL sports in such low regard, find another college to 'root' for.

One less person looking at their phone rather than watching the game. You won't be missed.
so just to make it clear, nothing needs to change in your opinion? everything is just fine and dandy. huh?

so just to make it clear, nothing needs to change in your opinion? everything is just fine and dandy. huh?
I'm not going to re-post what I've said simply because you lack basic reading comprehension.

Summing up - NO, everything is not "fine and dandy" and YES improvements need to be made to reach the next level.

So just to make it clear with you, everything needs to change in your opinion? Going 9-3 and having the probable Heisman trophy winner makes the program a mediocre joke?

Only 1,000,000% - that's all. Being generous, Wolford is a mediocre HS coach who St. X alum want fired. For you to suggest him for UofL confirms everything I thought about your football knowledge.
i said a few suggestions, you can twist it however you wish the guy on our sideline is a clueless moron and if he is there next season, expect more clueless linemen looking at their shoes as Lamar is sacked because they have no clue how to block or who to block. I dont care if our offensive line coach is daffy duck.. I want someone who is competent and can coach kids up, not blame them because they cant pick up some einstein scheme.

i said a few suggestions, you can twist it however you wish the guy on our sideline is a clueless moron and if he is there next season, expect more clueless linemen looking at their shoes as Lamar is sacked because they have no clue how to block or who to block. I dont care if our offensive line coach is daffy duck.. I want someone who is competent and can coach kids up, not blame them because they cant pick up some einstein scheme.
Umm yeah - you also mentioned Mike Singletary and Tedy Bruschi. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were speaking about them in a defensive capacity - who knew you wanted them for OL coach too.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So I don't think I qualify as a troll, and I'm on the record on the basketball board here as a UK fan who doesn't really care about UK football. As a matter of fact, I watched the OSU/Michigan game on Saturday.

I've had this conversation with some U of L fan friends of mine over beers - yes, U of L has made the requisite investments in staff and facilities to take a step up, and your program is certainly in better shape than ours. But the fact remains, to truly compete for national titles, you need to recruit ELITE talent. Look at the usual suspects - Bama, OSU, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Oklahoma etc - and they have one thing in common - they are bringing in top 10-15 classes EVERY year. Louisville is recruiting at roughly the same level as Utah, North Carolina, West VA, etc. Coaching can overcome some of it, but until that changes, you guys are gonna put up solid seasons but ultimately fall short of winning titles.

This isn't meant as a sleight - as I said, your program is in wonderful shape, you've got a fantastic AD, your coach has an incredible football mind - but talent wins out at the end of the day.

Jackson should still win the Heisman, he's the best player in the country, and you have to shudder to think where you'd be without him this year.

Only 1,000,000% - that's all. Being generous, Wolford is a mediocre HS coach who St. X alum want fired. For you to suggest him for UofL confirms everything I thought about your football knowledge.
There's nothing wrong with the Wolford suggestion. HS head coach and college OL coach aren't the same thing. Good chance he'd do better back in the trenches than trying to run the show. Guys could learn a lot from him that's for sure.

So I don't think I qualify as a troll, and I'm on the record on the basketball board here as a UK fan who doesn't really care about UK football. As a matter of fact, I watched the OSU/Michigan game on Saturday.

I've had this conversation with some U of L fan friends of mine over beers - yes, U of L has made the requisite investments in staff and facilities to take a step up, and your program is certainly in better shape than ours. But the fact remains, to truly compete for national titles, you need to recruit ELITE talent. Look at the usual suspects - Bama, OSU, LSU, Auburn, FSU, Oklahoma etc - and they have one thing in common - they are bringing in top 10-15 classes EVERY year. Louisville is recruiting at roughly the same level as Utah, North Carolina, West VA, etc. Coaching can overcome some of it, but until that changes, you guys are gonna put up solid seasons but ultimately fall short of winning titles.

This isn't meant as a sleight - as I said, your program is in wonderful shape, you've got a fantastic AD, your coach has an incredible football mind - but talent wins out at the end of the day.

Jackson should still win the Heisman, he's the best player in the country, and you have to shudder to think where you'd be without him this year.

Guess thats the difference between your fanbase and ours.
No matter what, im watching Cards football. Watched every game coached by Kragdud.

Reactions: JohnKBA
We have plenty of fans that are the same as you Kerry. I'd honestly just rather watch the elite teams play than watch UK. I'm not a lifer, and never really latched onto UK football.

Amazing to read the discontent on this board with a 9 win (poss 10) season. Had one foot in the playoff. Seasons ebb and flow over the course of several months. Grantham was genius a couple of years ago. Petrino mellowing?

UK fans have only dreamt of a 9-10 win season. Enjoy being relevant on the big stage. It can be fleeting.

There's nothing wrong with the Wolford suggestion. HS head coach and college OL coach aren't the same thing. Good chance he'd do better back in the trenches than trying to run the show. Guys could learn a lot from him that's for sure.
Except for part of the reason he hasn't done well at St. X is his refusal to put in the time / make it his main gig. Being a financial planner and hanging out at the track take up at least as much time. No shame in that but, I can't see that translating into making him successful at the collegiate level.

for the past 3 seasons under klenakis he has not had an offensive line. so you get your wish
Lol - this is what you've been reduced to?!? Perusing my posts and quoting sarcastic comments out of context?

Probably best if you stay on your stool when the bell rings again.

Except for part of the reason he hasn't done well at St. X is his refusal to put in the time / make it his main gig. Being a financial planner and hanging out at the track take up at least as much time. No shame in that but, I can't see that translating into making him successful at the collegiate level.

Glaser's main gig was English teacher. After all, it is HS football.

FWIW, I didn't say I thought it was likely.

Glaser's main gig was English teacher. After all, it is HS football.

FWIW, I didn't say I thought it was likely.
I understand but, there's a big difference between being a teacher at the school and being a professional outside of it, as far as time put in.

If BP would hire any HS coach in Louisville, it would almost certainly be Beatty at Trinity.

ADVERTISEMENT