ADVERTISEMENT

welcome UK fans and trolls

I've watched a few of your games this year and I have to agree with you about the o-line play. It's definitely hurt you all this season.
against houston, two guys had 13 penalties between them and they were in the game without penalty from the coaching staff. that in itself says everything about this team.

kinda funny to see you throw what i am saying back at me.
the underneath has been open since the clemson game.
Show me ONE post in the last two weeks where you called for slants/screens/flat routes. Actually, show me one poster or you've done anything except for ask for someone to be fired, lose their jersey, and a or, called somebody with an alternate opinion a "sunshine pumper".

Well, no, I'm not a liar. But thanks for making such a random suggestion. Anyway, I'm a big UK football fan. That's not mutually exclusive with not sweating it over a little bit below mediocre versus a little bit above mediocre. I watch and care and want to win the rivalry games, but not because we'll be 6-6 versus 5-7. Now, if we were playing for 11-1 versus 10-2.............

Last edited:
Great game, Cards fans. Good luck to you guys in your bowl game. Jackson is absolutely the real deal and I got nervous every time he touched the ball. See you guys in the YUM! in a few weeks.

Reactions: awf and KerryRhodes
Well, no, I'm not a liar, but thanks for making such a random suggestion. Anyway, I'm a big UK football fan. That's not mutually exclusive with not sweating it over a little bit below mediocre versus a little bit above mediocre. I watch and care and want to win the rivalry games, but not because we'll be 6-6 versus 5-7. Now, if we were playing for 11-1 versus 10-2.............
Let me change Liar to Ignorant Poser then. If you don't understand the importance of going to a bowl game (and the invaluable extra practices that come with it) versus not making a bowl game when trying to build a program, or keep a program going, then you don't understand football.

Reactions: awf and KerryRhodes
Let me change Liar to Ignorant Poser then. If you don't understand the importance of going to a bowl game (and the invaluable extra practices that come with it) versus not making a bowl game when trying to build a program, or keep a program going, then you don't understand football.
Well, "importance" is quite subjective as well as being subject to gradation. I understand that successes, even small ones, are important to program advancement. I don't think that going to a low-end bowl in a single year versus 5-7 is going to have a great impact. Sorry if that offends you.

Reactions: dustarm20
Well, "importance" is quite subjective as well as being subject to gradation. I understand that successes, even small ones, are important to program advancement. I don't think that going to a low-end bowl in a single year versus 5-7 is going to have a great impact. Sorry if that offends you.
It doesn't offend me at all. In fact I love it. I love the fact that the majority of uk football 'fans' have the same opinion - it's part of what's kept you where you are for so long.

It's not about the bowl - it's about those additional 15 practices that you get as a bowl team that feeds into the next season. That you can't grasp the simplicity of that is what makes you simple.

Last edited:

Thats spin.

He understands. Coach stoopID is 1-3 against UofL. FIRST bowl game.

Reactions: Deeva
I understand it's about the practices. I don't see that as all that important. All things being equal, sure I want it. And I don't think what some random UK fan in Atlanta thinks is going to have that much effect on the program.

I'll admit that, as long as you admit how emotionally wrecked you are after what happened today.

2011 UofL 24 uofk 17. No bowl for uofk
2012 UofL 32 uifk 14. No bowl for uofk
2013 UofL 27 uofk 13. No bowl for uofk.
2014 UofL 44 uofk 40. No bowl for 5-7 uofk.
2015 UofL 38 uofk 24. No bowl for 5-7 uofk.

Please tell us how youll dealt with it so we can do the same..........

Reactions: Deeva and BPGhost
I understand it's about the practices. I don't see that as all that important. All things being equal, sure I want it. And I don't think what some random UK fan in Atlanta thinks is going to have that much effect on the program.
Lol - your "understanding" of practices begin and end with Midyut Madness. How long did you camp out for tickets Festus?

I have no idea how disappointed you are or are not. If the shoe was on the other foot and I was a UL fan, I'd care some because it's a so-called rivalry but the Houston game would have made me closer to ambivalent about this game. I know that other dude in this thread strongly disagrees.

So the nexts time Louisville beats uofk in basketball, youll be livid?
No you wont. Uofk has dominated in b-ball like UofL has dominated in football.

The Orange bowl was on the line, but even if Louisville wins, they would have got trucked in the game. The Cards didn't deserve it after today's defensive debacle.

Another reason im not as upset is because the Cards will beat uofk next season.

Reactions: Deeva
It pains me to say it, but great win UK.

Our coaches are morons and it bit us again today.

The defensive coordinator has a boner for the blitz and refuses to change as running backs and wide receivers run past his blitz.
Our defense is worn out at the end of games because we blitz every down. We have not prepared any depth so we are stuck.

our offensive line is OFFENSIVE and is a slap in the face to organized football.

Our special teams is sub par. it seldomly benefits us in any positive way.

so as UK fans celebrate the win and troll us. I hope that Louisville will have a new defensive coordinator, new offensive line coach, and a new special teams coach. otherwise I will buy a condo in raleigh and one in nashville because we will never be better than the russel athletic or the music city bowl with the three morons in charge of or defense, special teams and offensive line that we presently have.

Louisville, Grantham needs to go, klenakis needs to go and the other grantham in charge of special teams needs to go as well.

otherwise we embrace being mediocre.

enjoy the win Cats and thank you for exposing our moron coaches to those with their heads up their cans. they need to be fired tonight.

I already hit the ignore button on most of the UK posters. It's like a roach infestation!

Nailed it! Still looking like we'll be in the orange bowl - enjoy the Shreveport Cracker Barrel.

Trust me BP, we dont want Michigan or Wisconsin.

And if the Cards play like they did against NC state, i'll be livid.

No excuses to punk up against UH and uofk. No excuses.

Hell, the UH debacle gave uofk more confidence. Pa-thetic.

UK fan here, sorry guys (and sorry for the sig, but hey, it's a great quote) I'm just learning today about Gratham. Worst defensive gameplan I've ever seen. Prior to today, Johnson really did one thing well as a QB - throw the deep ball. Could not hit an intermediate pass for his life. His stats looked much worse than they are due to multiple deep ball drops over the season. Did Gratham only look at his stats and not the tape?

It felt like Gratham wanted Johnson to beat him with the deep ball, and well, you got it dude. Now granted, Johnson played pretty well overall, but allowing him to get his rhythm on the deep pass will do that. Even more baffling, the very first play of the game was a stellar deep throw... why would you continue to let him throw it deep??? Force Johnson to throw underneath where he's been terrible all year. Truly mind boggling.

The run game was sort of held in check (not counting the 83 yards on the ground by Johnson), but Boom and Snell were held under their averages with many no gains. However they broke out when they needed to. Everything went our way, but Gratham made sure it did.

UK fan here, sorry guys (and sorry for the sig, but hey, it's a great quote) I'm just learning today about Gratham. Worst defensive gameplan I've ever seen. Prior to today, Johnson really did one thing well as a QB - throw the deep ball. Could not hit an intermediate pass for his life. His stats looked much worse than they are due to multiple deep ball drops over the season. Did Gratham only look at his stats and not the tape?

It felt like Gratham wanted Johnson to beat him with the deep ball, and well, you got it dude. Now granted, Johnson played pretty well overall, but allowing him to get his rhythm on the deep pass will do that. Even more baffling, the very first play of the game was a stellar deep throw... why would you continue to let him throw it deep??? Force Johnson to throw underneath where he's been terrible all year. Truly mind boggling.

The run game was sort of held in check (not counting the 83 yards on the ground by Johnson), but Boom and Snell were held under their averages with many no gains. However they broke out when they needed to. Everything went our way, but Gratham made sure it did.
it stings when your rival compliments your DC.
be sure to send grantham christmas gifts because he gift wrapped this game for uk fans.
his boner for the blitz cost us this season and he needs to go.

for you to even think this team is worthy of an orange bowl tells me all I need to know about you.

This team will be in the russel athletic or the citrus
One thing for sure is that you'll posting negative/ignorant BS regardless of where they go.

Trust me BP, we dont want Michigan or Wisconsin.

And if the Cards play like they did against NC state, i'll be livid.

No excuses to punk up against UH and uofk. No excuses.

Hell, the UH debacle gave uofk more confidence. Pa-thetic.
No offense as I respect you as a poster but, that's a loser mentality. We want the best bowl / best opponent we can get.

maybe you are too stupid to realize a compliment and a rip of my own team at the same time, but that is what that is.
You're getting exactly what you deserve...congrats.

LPT Football: Our fans are kinda like stupid U of L fans...

No offense as I respect you as a poster but, that's a loser mentality. We want the best bowl / best opponent we can get.

Best bowl for that garbage ?

Clemson plays like they WANTand WILL WIN a conference title and playoffs.

Louisville sits in the dressing room , feet propped with a cigar, pretending
to compete.

Best bowl for that garbage ?

Clemson plays like they WANTand WILL WIN a conference title and playoffs.

Louisville sits in the dressing room , feet propped with a cigar, pretending
to compete.
You mean the Clemson team that was a missed Chipshot field goal away from losing to North Carolina State? The Clemson team that lost to Pitt? The Clemson team that had to hide the first down markers to beat us?

Besides, tell me again what Clemson has to do with us at this point?

You mean the Clemson team that was a missed Chipshot field goal away from losing to North Carolina State? The Clemson team that lost to Pitt? The Clemson team that had to hide the first down markers to beat us?

Besides, tell me again what Clemson has to do with us at this point?

Every team has close games.
Plus being a big boy they get the benefit of the doubt.
They won back to back ACC titles.
One win away from back to back playoffs.
Yes they were better last year, but today a possible playoff spot was available.
They succeeded. They smashed their rival.
Louisville had an Orange bowl on the line. They crapped the bed.

I come in peace. I did not witness the event today but I saw the highlights. I know a lot of uk fans would love to have a petrino and Jackson. Next yr you guys will be in the hunt for a championship.

I noticed over the years I've gotten a lot more even keel about these games, win or lose.

Maybe it's because I don't even associate with ahole rival fans or anything, but everything comes in waves. This was one of the crappier 24 hour turnarounds, with the 22 point bball lead and the football loss, but two weeks ago it was all gravy with a win and a lot of college football losses. Then if we go win the bowl game and beat whoever in basketball, its fine again.

I've noticed since the 2013 'Year of the Cardinal' it definitely just comes in fits and starts, and things will iron out eventually once some of the unnecessary gray clouds and conference transition pains start going by. Still wouldn't trade our position as an overall athletic program with anyone else in the country.

At least we have a dog in the fight for the top four collegiate sports, while most "fans" of their schools only pretend to care about one.

Reactions: zipp and BPGhost
One thing for sure is that you'll posting negative/ignorant BS regardless of where they go.
nope, I will finally accept that we are a mediocre football school.
you and zipp have helped me see the light.
we should change our name to mediocre University and change our mascot to a rainbow.

it stings when your rival compliments your DC.
be sure to send grantham christmas gifts because he gift wrapped this game for uk fans.
his boner for the blitz cost us this season and he needs to go.
As long as the "rival" agrees with you, we're cool.

LPT Football: Gaining stupid U of L fans...

nope, I will finally accept that we are a mediocre football school.
you and zipp have helped me see the light.
we should change our name to mediocre University and change our mascot to a rainbow.
No! It is you that have made me see the light. You are far too smart, insightful and spectacular to ever be associated with such a "mediocre football school" such as Louisville. Please don't let the sunshine pumping UofL fans water down your unabashed awesomeness. I can only hope that you are able to find a team that is worthy of your acumen. I have heard that WKU has a championship offensive line and, that Kentucky State is so magnificent that many of the overrated players that start for UofL would not even make their team.

Perhaps those programs would be worthy of a special fandom such as yours. We can only hope that Jurich won't be emboldened by your absence and finally bring back kragthorpe as clearly it was you that stood in that way of that.

Godspeed to you BTD!

you can not on one side say the loss was a joke and then say we dont need power football. Been a family ticket holder since birth. have never been a season we didnt have tickets, luxary box ect... 4 seats were purchased that are permanant seats.

this loss is solidly on the offensive line, the line coach and on our defensive coordinators blind love for a blitz that does not work. duke threw over it, virginia, wake and houston abused our aggressiveness. he wears his own defens out with the moronic blitz.

big boy football abuses teams with power football. we slam our 208 lb qb in the mix and keep our 240 pound 4.5 40 time back on the sideline. (makes no sence to me) but please continue to tell me power football has no place at louisville.

This is my team. I support it.

what i dislike is that we have not been prepared since the clemson game, and it is clear that changes need to be made asap.

Grantham and his love for the blitz and the 3/4 set is out of touch with todays power football. Klenakis and his techniques taught to our linemen are of no help. they have to cheat gaps to make holes. defenses plan for it and stop us.

poor coaching, sorry technique. undiciplined team. unprepared team makes for some sorry football to watch.

take lamar jackson away and we are a 3 win team simply because we refuse to run the ball with our running backs.

we need linemen taht are not scared of contact, and linemen that are competent. Most of all we need a competent line coach and DC.
You are absolutely correct with what you say. We need to go out and get the best DC we can and also get the best line coach we can. Money should be no object. If not, the new addition to the stadium will not be necessary. And what will happen when Lamar is no longer our QB. Without him this year, we may have lost 6-9 games. It would have been horrible. Any QB we put back there would have been destroyed. Horrible offensive line.

...Maybe it's because I don't even associate with ahole rival fans or anything, but everything comes in waves. This was one of the crappier 24 hour turnarounds, with the 22 point bball lead and the football loss, but two weeks ago it was all gravy with a win and a lot of college football losses...
No masking any football loss. But keep in mind that Nov/Dec basketball games are glorified exhibitions that mean almost nothing unless you play in a crap conference.

LPT Football: He's talking about people we know...

You are absolutely correct with what you say. We need to go out and get the best DC we can and also get the best line coach we can. Money should be no object. If not, the new addition to the stadium will not be necessary. And what will happen when Lamar is no longer our QB. Without him this year, we may have lost 6-9 games. It would have been horrible. Any QB we put back there would have been destroyed. Horrible offensive line.
Totally agree. If Petrino had any brains he wouldn't even send an OL out there - let LJ self hike it and send 10 out there on go / post routes. UofL would have been undefeated!

That's rockin' it for this time of night. Gimme some smooth jazz...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT