ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Polls: Cards # 19 in AP

I wouldn't have us in the Top 25...I'd say 30-35 range!!!

:cool:
I have to agree. top 25 teams don't get bent over like that at home. Maybe we get it together and take FSU down again and then take NC state and UK to the wood shed....then I'll change my mind. I have a feeling FSU is gonna come out full on blitzkrieg and show no mercy and if we don't get our heads out of our ass, then it could get ugly. But the last 6 games have not looked like a top 25 team.

Like everyone said.....establish a damn running game. This will give our defense breaks and open more up for Lamar in the end. Our offense has been so one dimensional.

I wouldn't have us in the Top 25...I'd say 30-35 range!!!

Clemson fan here...you guys are totally overreacting to this loss. Sure it's a tough loss, but that's because you set your expectations so high on that one "revenge" game.

Who on your schedule can matchup (DL, LB, DB's and a DC) against Lamar and your skill players? Maybe...maybe, FSU and here's why, they are undisciplined. The same thing that got them last season can get them this season. I'm not saying it's gonna be another blowout but LJ could get 6 or 7 TD's in EVERY GAME he plays this season. Hell, 2 TD's against FSU might be enough. They have a 165 lb freshman at QB, they might be on QB #3 by then. Trust me...you'll get them again!

I was impressed with your skill guys, they have size and speed and run with aggression. Stay healthy and a NY6 game is in your future. I'm glad our game is over and wish you luck the rest of the way. But average Defensive play will have you at 9-1 with FSU as a toss up.
FSU will have 4 tough games ahead of them before they play you guys.
NC STATE (2W-1L, but out gained USCjr. 2-1 in yardage that game, turnovers and ST killed them).
At WAKE (3-0, and scoring points this year).
MIAMI (1-0, last years game was decided by a blocked extra point 20-19, and MIAMI wasn't any good then),
At DUKE (3-0, scoring points and always battle FSU.

Last edited:
Clemson fan here...you guys are totally overreacting to this loss. Sure it's a tough loss, but that's because you set your expectations so high on that one "revenge" game.

Who on your schedule can matchup (DL, LB, DB's and a DC) against Lamar and your skill players? Maybe...maybe, FSU and here's why, they are undisciplined. The same thing that got them last season can get them this season. I'm not saying it's gonna be another blowout but LJ could get 6 or 7 TD's in EVERY GAME he plays this season. Hell, 2 TD's against FSU might be enough. They have a 165 lb freshman at QB, they might be on QB #3 by then. Trust me...you'll get them again!

I was impressed with your skill guys, they have size and speed and run with aggression. Stay healthy and a NY6 game is in your future. I'm glad our game is over and wish you luck the rest of the way. But average Defensive play will have you at 9-1 with FSU as a toss up.
FSU will have 4 tough games ahead of them before they play you guys.
NC STATE (2W-1L, but out gained USCjr. 2-1 in yardage that game, turnovers and ST killed them).
At WAKE (3-0, and scoring points this year).
MIAMI (1-0, last years game was decided by a blocked extra point 20-19, and MIAMI wasn't any good then),
At DUKE (3-0, scoring points and always battle FSU.

Its not just the Clemson game...They lost the last three games of last year...Made ZERO adjustments after the Houston Loss for Kentucky or LSU...Gave up 28 points to Purdue and 35 points to UNC...The Defense is SOFT, and the running game outside LJ is underused even though the stats for the other RB's are actually pretty good...That's Coaching, and that's Unacceptable!!!

Reactions: HRTheCard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT