ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for Saturday

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
Unfortunately the latest forecast is terrible. Heavy rain with heavy wind at kickoff. Definitely gonna impact crowd size.

From a game perspective, I think he probably benefits us since Syracuse wants to sling the ball around. Also a guy like Dae Williams will be huge in the those conditions. Gotta be careful running the read option though.

Unfortunately the latest forecast is terrible. Heavy rain with heavy wind at kickoff. Definitely gonna impact crowd size.

From a game perspective, I think he probably benefits us since Syracuse wants to sling the ball around. Also a guy like Dae Williams will be huge in the those conditions. Gotta be careful running the read option though.

Sounds like the last game against UC in the AAC. A complete downpour the entire game.

Reactions: CardFanBudMan

Will be there. With rain suits on.

I’ve sat thru almost any kind of weather you can imagine for UofL football games. LIke wind, cold, heat, rain, lightening, snow and even some hail/sleet, but now, in my “advanced” age I’m not going to open the door to pneumonia for myself. It will be a “game time” decision but at this point it’s not looking good for me. I’d kinda like to be around for our games in the near future.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I’ve sat thru almost any kind of weather you can imagine for UofL football games. LIke wind, cold, heat, rain, lightening, snow and even some hail/sleet, but now, in my “advanced” age I’m not going to open the door to pneumonia for myself. It will be a “game time” decision but at this point it’s not looking good for me. I’d kinda like to be around for our games in the near future.

Same here. Even set thru the -3 degree Southern Miss game. But I am senior citizen now and the wife and I have a cold snf some kind of crude. We are not going to set in the rain and get sicker. Besides we have the whole family on Thanksgiving to cook for.

Reactions: Mayoman
We will see who the (I)’s are. Unfortunately, we have too many in our fan base.

It’s a non-traditional fanbase. Lots of people that aren’t alums but have become fans. Also, Louisville isn’t a place like Clemson or Tallahassee or most SEC schools which are out in the middle of nowhere. At one of those schools you are more likely to go to the game because you’ve already made the commitment to drive to nowhere for the game.

Reactions: Mayoman

If it was just up to me, it would be a game time decision for me too. BUT...the wife hasn't been able to make most games this year and she is DE-termined to go to this one. Sounds like I will be under a poncho and at the game. Go Cards!!!

Reactions: Mayoman and gocds
It’s a non-traditional fanbase. Lots of people that aren’t alums but have become fans. Also, Louisville isn’t a place like Clemson or Tallahassee or most SEC schools which are out in the middle of nowhere. At one of those schools you are more likely to go to the game because you’ve already made the commitment to drive to nowhere for the game.

I wholly disagree. Haivng 90% of our fans within a 45 minute drive should be a benefit. They can stay at home, until the last minute to avoid tailgating in the rain, but still go to the game. Then, they don’t have to walk a mile or more to the stadium. This is not just some Spring storm that pops up out of nowhere after people have started their trip. This has been predicted for days, so those people you talk about would not have already made the commitment to drive to the game. They could have just as easily packed it in, too. The commitment you speak of is not a commitment to driving, it is a commitment to the school and team. Those teams have it in more abundance than we do, but with what is predicted just about any school is going to see a drop in attendance.

Guilty!!!

Watched the Steelers/ Titans game from The Bru Room in Ft Lauderdale last night. Great Wings BTW.

Haven’t figured out where I’ll watch UofL/Cuse, but it will be warm

Hey GOCDS....(I) ain’t a green @$$ed fly. ;)

Slightly different than people sitting in their homes 10 minutes from the stadium, my man.

WHAS says it will be out of here by 2-2:30. Wave and WDRB say 4. I think our plan will be tailgate at a bar and hit the stadium after it passes. Only because of the possibility of storms

Unfortunately going to miss because of the heavy rain and 20-40 mph winds. We had all intentions of going and had tickets and then we saw the forecast.

Definitely could be delayed several hours if lightning occurs. Going to be a mess.

I wholly disagree. Haivng 90% of our fans within a 45 minute drive should be a benefit. They can stay at home, until the last minute to avoid tailgating in the rain, but still go to the game. Then, they don’t have to walk a mile or more to the stadium. This is not just some Spring storm that pops up out of nowhere after people have started their trip. This has been predicted for days, so those people you talk about would not have already made the commitment to drive to the game. They could have just as easily packed it in, too. The commitment you speak of is not a commitment to driving, it is a commitment to the school and team. Those teams have it in more abundance than we do, but with what is predicted just about any school is going to see a drop in attendance.

Well then you will continue to be disappointed in our fanbase. I’d argue that we have an amazing fanbase that has shown tremendous commitment. Our fanbase has options and when the weather conditions are crummy or the time of the game sucks, they don’t feel compelled to go to the game. The flip side is that we spend a heckuva lot of money on a former commuter school.

The temperature has nothing to do with infectious diseases. If you get pneumonia, you got it from somebody else. I can understand just not wanting to be uncomfortable however.

The temperature has nothing to do with infectious diseases. If you get pneumonia, you got it from somebody else. I can understand just not wanting to be uncomfortable however.

I’d say you are both right. You don’t get pneumonia from being cold; however the cold weakens your immune system and certainly makes one more vulnerable to it.

Reactions: gocds
Showing up for Card March, then leaving to imbibe elsewhere under cover. Back in time for the game. Hopefully, my bronchitis isn't getting worse...

Reactions: CardFanBudMan
Well then you will continue to be disappointed in our fanbase. I’d argue that we have an amazing fanbase that has shown tremendous commitment. Our fanbase has options and when the weather conditions are crummy or the time of the game sucks, they don’t feel compelled to go to the game. The flip side is that we spend a heckuva lot of money on a former commuter school.

I am often disappointed in our fan base for this very reason. I am sure tomorrow will be no exception and neither was UVA. If it does not disappoint you, then you are part of the problem.

I am often disappointed in our fan base for this very reason. I am sure tomorrow will be no exception and neither was UVA. If it does not disappoint you, then you are part of the problem.

I try to not worry about things like that. My preference would be that it’s full, but i understand reality. I’ll be there tomorrow, just like all the other home games and the Purdue and FSU away games this year. At the end of the day everyone who bought a ticket is a consumer, if the product that day isn’t to their liking then they should do whatever they want.

I try to not worry about things like that. My preference would be that it’s full, but i understand reality. I’ll be there tomorrow, just like all the other home games and the Purdue and FSU away games this year. At the end of the day everyone who bought a ticket is a consumer, if the product that day isn’t to their liking then they should do whatever they want.

See previous post, and if it does not bother you I don’t believe you will be there tomorrow. If you are going, it would bother you.

Well...who hung in there at the game until the end? Not me; we left after the third quarter.

Check your rain gear before going to game. I had not worn for a couple of years. Just threw in trunk and drove to game. Went to put on pants and found the seat had dry rot. Still had a poncho but jeans got soaked. Made it to half way thru 4th quarter and called it a night. Long drive back to Cincinnati. All worth it to see Cards kick Cuse.

Made it all the way but with an asterisk... I was under cover and not in the rain. Matters a little.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
We made it till the end of the 3rd. I over dressed and then when the poncho went on......I felt like I was in a sauna. When that wind direction changed in the 3rd from the north, the wet jeans were chilly. Rain pants are on the list.

We arrived at the Green Lot at 10:15 AM stayed all the way through!

Literally one of the first to arrive and one of the last to leave. All of us (son, daughter, and my Mom) were glad we stayed.

Reactions: zipp and SoulSr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT