ADVERTISEMENT

We Will Beat Kensucky.

Far superior? You call having the nation's 114th ranked offense "far superior?" You call an all time losing record "far superior?" Alabama, now, they are far superior. UK's having their best year in a long ass time, and we still don't respect you. Sustain the success. Be better than average for an extended period of time, then you can self claim "far superior."
We could be heading to the playoffs and you all wouldn't respect us and I wouldn't expect you to respect us. You are our rivals...we aren't supposed to respect each other and we will view each other with blue-red colored biased glasses 90% of the time.

But us being far superior isn't as much to do about us being that good....

Not our fault you all were garbage basically every year for a decade. This season was an anomaly for us. You probably weren't a UK football fan before this year anyway.
Actually I was in the stands when J-Load Lorenzen beat Dave Ragone in 2002....I endured the 2004 Elvis Dummervil sack game....I cringed in 2006 when I saw Michael Bush's Heisman season get ended on one heartbreaking play...I jumped for joy when big Myron Pryor took it to the house for the 27-2 beat down in 2008....I was there for Cobb's 1 handed miracle catch in 2010....

But yeah...I just showed up ;)

I bet I attended more games at the old Cardinal Stadium(grandfather always took me back in the day) than many of you ever did on this board.

Actually I was in the stands when J-Load Lorenzen beat Dave Ragone in 2002....I endured the 2004 Elvis Dummervil sack game....I cringed in 2006 when I saw Michael Bush's Heisman season get ended on one heartbreaking play...I jumped for joy when big Myron Pryor took it to the house for the 27-2 beat down in 2008....I was there for Cobb's 1 handed miracle catch in 2010....

I bet I attended more games at the old Cardinal Stadium(grandfather always took me back in the day) than many of you ever did on this board.
Were you there for any of the 6 beatdowns after 2010?

Were you there for any of the 6 beatdowns after 2010?
I was naming the Papa John's games...the last 2 I went to were 2011 and 2013 in Lexington. Harder to travel to a noon start on Thanksgiving weekend.

2011 I was there when you started the streak...Teddy came off the bench. Came down to the last play and we couldn't get in the endzone. I remember Charlie was quoted saying "They better beat us today, because if they don't they won't beat us again" and Charlie knew how bad Joker was as a coach.

2013...you guys were top 10 in Teddy's last year...we played you guys tough but we were way overmatched. We beat the spread, but you all took care of business in the second half and put us away.

But I'll be there Saturday.

Uk is in a no win situation.

If you win.....so what, you beat a team that doesn't even have a head coach and that has gotten their ass handed to them by everyone all year.

You lose, well...your season is a wash and you get to hear my mouth until the end of time because you couldn't even beat this awful, coachless, UofL team.

Uk is in a no win situation.

If you win.....so what, you beat a team that doesn't even have a head coach and that has gotten their ass handed to them by everyone all year.

You lose, well...your season is a wash and you get to hear my mouth until the end of time because you couldn't even beat this awful, coachless, UofL team.
That the same scenario to what we played last week against Middle Tennessee State team (though they are a better team than what we play this week).

That UT game was rough, no excuses. But we aren't playing a team the caliber of Tennessee on Saturday.

You all will nitpick our season where we finish top 15 with 9 wins in a power conference (that's as good as you all did with a Heisman trophy winner), and you can debate how good we really are....but we will win Saturday because we are the far superior team.

Its about damn time.......and you had a chance to FINALLY play in a relevant bowl and shot your wad vs a mediorce SEC team that has averaged 6 wins over the last 10 years.

Far superior? You call having the nation's 114th ranked offense "far superior?" You call an all time losing record "far superior?" Alabama, now, they are far superior. UK's having their best year in a long ass time, and we still don't respect you. Sustain the success. Be better than average for an extended period of time, then you can self claim "far superior."
We will likely go 9-3 (barring a miracle) with one of the 15 worst offenses in the country? Geez... Imagine what we could do if stoops would get the hell out of Gran's way...

That the same scenario to what we played last week against Middle Tennessee State team (though they are a better team than what we play this week).
MTSU doesn't have a head coach and has gotten their ass pounded by everyone they've played...and they're your biggest rival? Huh, news to me. You're right, completely the same scenario .

UK fan would have a wrestler as their avatar. Big WWE fan eh? Are you 12 or just live in your mothers basement?

But seriously... Stoops needs to let Gran do his damn job if they want offensive success. And they need a better QB than Wilson.
Wilson isn't a bad QB. The playcalling is just atrocious. He is like top 20 in the nation in completion percentage in his first year at this level.

I think part of it is maybe his propensity to fumble. Coaches figure a slow grinding attack is better than turning it over. I dunno... Hopefully he gets more of a chance next year. With him in his 2nd year, Bowden, rose and wandale, offense should be better.

This is shaping up to be the most fun, relaxed and enjoyable matchup that I can remember from the Louisville perspective.

Every ounce of pressure is on Kentucky to win this game. They'll come in ranked, heavy favorites and likely an upper echelon bowl spot on the line. Would have to think dropping to 8-4 with losses to UT and UL would make them much less desirable.

If UK loses to this UL team with like 4 coaches on staff and a 2-3 win team that ranks in the bottom of every statistical category on both sides of the ball? Man....with the 2nd half of Stoops' season collapsing...again. It would make for an interesting off season.
If UofL wins Saturday then this will be the last game in the series I ever invest emotional interest in. Losing to this UofL team with your best team in 40 years would be an embarrassment. I hope that isn't too offensive. But this UofL team might be the worst team from either school to play in this series. Even the 2 win UK teams from the past were at least competitive in more than 1 of their games against non exempt opponents...

Wilson isn't a bad QB. The playcalling is just atrocious. He is like top 20 in the nation in completion percentage in his first year at this level.

I think part of it is maybe his propensity to fumble. Coaches figure a slow grinding attack is better than turning it over. I dunno... Hopefully he gets more of a chance next year. With him in his 2nd year, Bowden, rose and wandale, offense should be better.

Please he's TERRIBLE and so is Gran, bad thing is you have a really good quarterback on the bench and let me tell you this after this little escapade if you think UK has had trouble recruiting in state talent let Brohm come to U of L. This is coming from a dad whose kid currently has more than one D1 power 5 offer, I'd kick his ass if he tried to go to Kentucky right now. Most talented well coached teams practice the weak part of their offense when up by multiple scores not start sand bagging and trying to run out the clock, the passing game should have been fixed by game 4 of the season with Hoak as the QB!

Please he's TERRIBLE and so is Gran, bad thing is you have a really good quarterback on the bench and let me tell you this after this little escapade if you think UK has had trouble recruiting in state talent let Brohm come to U of L. This is coming from a dad whose kid currently has more than one D1 power 5 offer, I'd kick his ass if he tried to go to Kentucky right now. Most talented well coached teams practice the weak part of their offense when up by multiple scores not start sand bagging and trying to run out the clock, the passing game should have been fixed by game 4 of the season with Hoak as the QB!
Look how great hoak did against a terrible mizzou pass defense. He was a fun talking point for a few weeks. When the whole fanbase saw how inept he was against their wet noodle secondary there was nary a mention of his name from then on. He's prolly 3rd on the depth chart at this point...

Yea. We're really suffering in recruiting. Especially on offense. How many weeks has it been since we landed probably the best offensive talent this state has seen since Bush with offers from Ohio State, nebraska and bama? Louisville has never recruited well against UK outside of Jefferson and a few bordering counties. UK has taken far more top level kids out of Jefferson County than UofL has taken out of true blue country. Brohm or whomever ends up heading y'all up won't change that.

Wilson's accuracy is horrible

Look how great hoak did against a terrible mizzou pass defense. He was a fun talking point for a few weeks. When the whole fanbase saw how inept he was against their wet noodle secondary there was nary a mention of his name from then on. He's prolly 3rd on the depth chart at this point...

Yea. We're really suffering in recruiting. Especially on offense. How many weeks has it been since we landed probably the best offensive talent this state has seen since Bush with offers from Ohio State, nebraska and bama? Louisville has never recruited well against UK outside of Jefferson and a few bordering counties. UK has taken far more top level kids out of Jefferson County than UofL has taken out of true blue country. Brohm or whomever ends up heading y'all up won't change that.

Of course he looks inept what do you expect from a kid that hasn’t been getting game time reps all season because he’s behind a slot receiver trying to play quarterback which is what Wilson is, he can’t throw the ball accurately and my grandmother goes through progressions faster than him.

You obviously haven’t been keeping up with in state recruiting or you’d know Damien Harris or even Jedrick Willis. How bout Tanner Bowles or Brian Hudson these are all four and five star kids that have left the state because of the inept coaching staff. Think what you will the way things are shaking out is beginning to hurt UK’s program as far as in state recruiting. Actually I think Robinson and the Lexington Christian kid are the first in state recruits in a few years and btw the way I’m not a U Of L fan I’m a Bama transplant who married a woman from Kentucky that refuses to move unfortunately...

MTSU doesn't have a head coach and has gotten their ass pounded by everyone they've played...and they're your biggest rival? Huh, news to me. You're right, completely the same scenario .

UK fan would have a wrestler as their avatar. Big WWE fan eh? Are you 12 or just live in your mothers basement?
Such anger! I love rivalry week! Keep it up!

But no, its the same situation for us...a team we should beat and probably will beat that has everything to gain while we have everything to lose.

Such anger! I love rivalry week! Keep it up!

But no, its the same situation for us...a team we should beat and probably will beat that has everything to gain while we have everything to lose.
Thats it....we have nothing to gain. What, get to 3 wins and beat UK. You guys still arent respected nationally by anyone in the media. It would be funny to beat you all though. Wouldn't do squat for our program however, never does

We could be heading to the playoffs and you all wouldn't respect us and I wouldn't expect you to respect us. You are our rivals...we aren't supposed to respect each other and we will view each other with blue-red colored biased glasses 90% of the time.

But us being far superior isn't as much to do about us being that good....
Have you actually watched your team play? That is some UGLY football, the ball has bounced your way as well as bad pass interference calls. I know that I’m a Kentucky hater, but y’all are no where near as good as your record makes you out to be.

Reactions: Chapman123
Have you actually watched your team play? That is some UGLY football, the ball has bounced your way as well as bad pass interference calls. I know that I’m a Kentucky hater, but y’all are no where near as good as your record makes you out to be.
That's true but they have one thing we don't. They have a solid defense with depth. The two offenses are about the same but the UofK defense is much better than UofL's. That's why UofK will probably win. Anything can happen in rivalry games though so I'm holding out hope for the upset.

Thats it....we have nothing to gain. What, get to 3 wins and beat UK. You guys still arent respected nationally by anyone in the media. It would be funny to beat you all though. Wouldn't do squat for our program however, never does
Idk...the MEDIA that votes in the polls have us in the top 20. I'd say that's respect by the media lol

Out of the last six years Louisville has been in the top 25 AP in 5 of those years.....go tout your big accomplishment on the MTSU board or to someone on your level.
I love that anger, keep it going!

But no, you said no one in the media respects us and I pointed out that the media ranked us. I wasn't touting, just responding!

That's true but they have one thing we don't. They have a solid defense with depth. The two offenses are about the same but the UofK defense is much better than UofL's. That's why UofK will probably win. Anything can happen in rivalry games though so I'm holding out hope for the upset.
I’m not saying we’ll beat them, I was referencing him and his playoff talk.

Of course he looks inept what do you expect from a kid that hasn’t been getting game time reps all season because he’s behind a slot receiver trying to play quarterback which is what Wilson is, he can’t throw the ball accurately and my grandmother goes through progressions faster than him.

You obviously haven’t been keeping up with in state recruiting or you’d know Damien Harris or even Jedrick Willis. How bout Tanner Bowles or Brian Hudson these are all four and five star kids that have left the state because of the inept coaching staff. Think what you will the way things are shaking out is beginning to hurt UK’s program as far as in state recruiting. Actually I think Robinson and the Lexington Christian kid are the first in state recruits in a few years and btw the way I’m not a U Of L fan I’m a Bama transplant who married a woman from Kentucky that refuses to move unfortunately...
Wilson is completing 67% of his passes. That is #14 in the country. 2% points off of Tua. So what are you saying? Like 5 qbs in the entire country are accurate passers and that list doesnt include the runaway heisman favorite? I honestly should stop listening to and responding to you right there. You've just proved without a shadow of a doubt that you know nothing about football.

3 of those kids went to Bama. Not sure how to fault them for choosing the best program in history in the best stretch of football ever played at this level. Bama has 16 kids from Georgia, 10 from Louisiana, 7 from Florida, 2 from South Carolina, 3 from Ohio. I guess UGA, UF, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, etc. all have incompetent coaches. Yup. 6 of the top 17 schools in the nation, and 2 likely playoff teams have incompetent coaches.

You my friend are the most inaccurate poster I have ever read. By a LONG shot.

we drubbed florida and MSU, two top 20 teams. And whatever assessment you want to make of how we beat mizzou, we are one of only 2 teams to hold them under 28. We only let them score 14 and bama only let them score 10. They have losses to us, Georgia, bama and USC by 2. They would be the 2nd best team in the ACC, according to FPI.

Yes we laid an egg against UT just like florida laid an egg after losing to UGA and having their SECCG hopes crushed. We still have the #11 strength of record in the nation. But yea... We suck.

we drubbed florida and MSU, two top 20 teams. And whatever assessment you want to make of how we beat mizzou, we are one of only 2 teams to hold them under 28. We only let them score 14 and bama only let them score 10. They have losses to us, Georgia, bama and USC by 2. They would be the 2nd best team in the ACC, according to FPI.

Yes we laid an egg against UT just like florida laid an egg after losing to UGA and having their SECCG hopes crushed. We still have the #11 strength of record in the nation. But yea... We suck.
Sooooo, the eyeball test says you aren’t an 8-3 type team. Florida is NOT very good either.

2005 was the Elvis game, not a great showing on another board man.

Sooooo, the eyeball test says you aren’t an 8-3 type team. Florida is NOT very good either.
So the eyeball test of our rival says we aren't that good, very sad :(

When we beat them earlier this year this board did the usual anti-UK spin (we do anti-UofL spin too I admit) how this was the worst Florida team ever and they'd be lucky to make a bowl...now they're pushing top 10 and NY6 territory they're now...not that good....lol

I think FLA and UK are very similar this year. Decent teams, but nowehere near a threat to the top tier teams. I give FLA some credit for beating LSU, but both teams were pretty much guaranteed 5 or so wins when you look at a soft non-conference schedule and factor in Vandy and Tenn. If you split the remaining games, you win 8 or 9 games. Both teams did that, so there you go. I will say give Mullen 2 recruiting classes and look out!

I personally think Mullen is going to be a problem for the SEC....

I don't know why UF ever went after Chip Kelly or Scott Frost. Mullen was the best choice and he was guaranteed to take the job. Wait until Mullen gets his QB in there and look out....UF and UGA are going to be battling for that division title for the next few years.

Was one heck of a rivalry when both teams were top 10 powerhouses.........SEC East needs FLA!!!

I think FLA and UK are very similar this year. Decent teams, but nowehere near a threat to the top tier teams. I give FLA some credit for beating LSU, but both teams were pretty much guaranteed 5 or so wins when you look at a soft non-conference schedule and factor in Vandy and Tenn. If you split the remaining games, you win 8 or 9 games. Both teams did that, so there you go. I will say give Mullen 2 recruiting classes and look out!
Florida basically just isn't as good as a Bama or Georgia...and are in the top 25 tier w/ Kentucky/Mizzou where they have to bring it every week. But when you have a division with decent teams top to bottom...the season wears on you.

Vandy would be competing to finish 2nd in your division. 4 of Vandy's 6 losses are to ranked teams...the other 2 are Mizzou (a very good team BTW) and SC (bowl eligible)

Syracuse got EMBARRASSSEDDDD when they were in their home area....Vandy went on the road and almost took down Notre Dame...and they're the worst team in our division....

ADVERTISEMENT