ADVERTISEMENT

We should hang a bannner that simply says Thank You David

Uh, no. Maybe a billboard or two around town. A banner, uh no.
half the fan base didn't want him, the fans were always looking for another coach, season ticket holders didn't show up, his players weren't recruited by him, the player never met any of the assistant coaches, he coached under the most abnormal circumstances in ncaa history, he never complained about all the bullshit, was gracious, carried himself with dignity, he won 24 games, represented Louisville better than i can imagine anyone else would have, and had not the one player who most has nba aspirations simply kept his feet still like he was supposed to would have made the tournament.. He deserves a banner for having a fan base constantly looking for the next guy the entire year.

Reactions: Drakew
i mean even howie, the biggest u of l homer, said he didn't deserve the job because you have to go out and get someone better because we are a top ten school. and as i've said, all other candidates have failed jsts as much as padgett, we are going after mack who jjust fffe-d up a #1 seed, that's called choking in my book and he's supposedly better than padgett? one of his players is involved in the fbi scandal and this is the guy we want? wtf??????????????

if they had given padgett at least a small chance, may a two year contract so he could recruit, maybe he actually is a hall a fame coach and we let him go. we gave him no chance, local radio hosts gave him no chance. he deserves a banner for having to put up with our fanbase and local sports radio yokels.

Padgett is about the same age as Brad Stevens when he was hired at Butler. Stevens did not have to come in in the midst of a demoralizing mess. Padgett should have been hired permanently. He was a great player for Louisville and carried the team this year. He did a fine job and deserved to be the coach.

If we land Mack then I believe it would have been the right decision to let DP go.

If we dont get Mack and end up with Smart, then it will be a big effing mistake to let DP go.

IMO, it is pretty straight forward.

DP got a ton of experience this past season that will allow him to become a permanent HC this upcoming season at a mid major type program. He received a TON of money. His career will take-off much quicker due to this experience. He has been thanked countless times and has received upmost respect and appreciation from the fanbase etc. Rightfully so.

I do appreciate and respect him for jumping into a spot that was tough to be in, but the benefits he gained from doing are very plentiful. Everyone needs to stop acting like we owe him so much and that he gave up so, so much to coach us this past season. The bottom line is he coached a team in the ACC with an opportunity to have huge wins. That would be a dream job for me.

A banner, a billboard or whatever else on that level is just ridiculous IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT