ADVERTISEMENT

WBB faces AZ State today

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Happy post-Thanksgiving to all!

Louisville WBB faces Arizona State Friday at 5:30 p.m. in the SouthPoint Shootout in Vegas. I wish I was there. A match-up of two top 25 squads. Louisville #4 or #5, depending on the poll source and Arizona State #19 or #25.

Five Keys to a Cardinal win:

1) Get Going Early. Louisville has started rather sluggishly in two of their their three wins this season. A game where Asia is "on" early, like the WKU game and Louisville takes control early.

2) Close the Bakery. Turnovers have been high for the Cards this season. 57 in three games, compared to 52 for the opponents. I know, with the offense Louisville runs, it can be high-risk, high reward -- but throwing the ball to the players in different colored uniforms than yours and moving screens are correctable mistakes

3) Interior Presence. Walz needs effectiveness in the paint from Shook, Dunham, Fuehring and Diop on both ends of the court. Missed shots need to end up in Cardinal hands. Opponent drives to the hoop need to be stopped in other ways than fouls.

4) Turn on the "A.C." We know that Asia Durr will have her usual great performance. Another big contest from Arica Carter will help bolster the Cards chances. A.C. is 9-14 from three-ball range for 64%. Yes, we'd like to order that again.

5) Next player up. With "do everything" Jazmine Jones sidelined for awhile with the hip bruise, who will step up and say: "I want those minutes and I'll earn them?" My own thoughts are use a heavy rotation of players with Asia, Arica, Dana, Sam and Kylee as the main five. Of course, I'm not sitting on the bench with a clipboard. You have to think Coach Walz and the staff have a plan and I'll trust what the "Mad Scientist" and his lab assistants have planned. .

Game available on-line at 5:30 at the link below:

Radio moves to 1080 AM WKJK today.

--sonja--

Reactions: gocds and Cap'n Jim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.