ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne Got After It

Really enjoying watching Wayne's game lately. He has turned it up into Tournament mode, I just want to see it continue and I believe it will.

Wayne turned it up today. I loved seeing that one handed throw down dunk in the second half.

If Wayne was a consistent shooter he would be a solid bench player in the NBA for years. You know, one of those guys that never makes an All Star game or gets a lot of pub but plays in the League for like 10 years and 6 teams and gets a couple rings as a role player. Hes smart and plays defense. He has the ability to get to the rim and can jump. He just doesn't do it and cant put back to back shooting games together

Wayne looked great today on offense and defense. All around.

I am paraphrasing but LaPhonso Ellis said it best... "I like him when he is mixing his attack to the basket with his 3s." He looks so much better when he is aggressively attacking the basket and not just looking for the 3 ball.

Originally posted by LouisvilleKid79:
Wayne looked great today on offense and defense. All around.

I am paraphrasing but LaPhonso Ellis said it best... "I like him when he is mixing his attack to the basket with his 3s." He looks so much better when he is aggressively attacking the basket and not just looking for the 3 ball.
I definitely agree with what Ellis said. Wayne can't, especially now, just sit at the 3 point line. He has to change it up and attack when the chance is there like he has been doing.

Waynes roll has changed. He is number three got to player. You will see a more aggressive player.IMO

I hadn't heard of LaPhonso Ellis before but I was impressed with his knowledge of the game.

He played for the Irish in the early 90's. Great college player AA I believe and also had a decent pro career too.

That success putting it on the floor is a result of a lot of off season work in the gym.The more it works,the more he opens up a lot of things.His confidence is soaring.

Really liking his game vs FSU. Showed some new things on the 'O'. Once he truly believes that Q and R will get him the ball....all his motion and cutting will really began to pay off.....and good things will happen for him and this team.

Me likey.

Wayne took more 2 pt attempts in the FSU game than he has since 12/9 against Indiana. He also had the highest turnover total of his career (4). I love seeing that from him. I've always thought he played too careful, afraid to make a mistake. I'd rather see him be aggressive. If Wayne scores 2 or 20 next game, I won't be surprised.

Chalk me up as another who enjoyed the commentary from Phonzo Ellis

ADVERTISEMENT