ADVERTISEMENT

Way to early basketball rankings

KozmasAgain

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2016
ESPN preseason rankings has Louisville as #14. Virginia Tech, Norte Dame, North Carolina, Duke and FSU are also in the top 25.

Depending upon what poll you go by I see is ranked as high as 6th. I think we have a better team this year than we do last year it just depends on if we can get better and better chemistry wise. We have great players.

Reactions: 2330859
Scoring wise he transferred in 5 players that averaged double figures at their respected schools prior to coming to Louisville. Scoring won’t be an issue, after the Global Jam this past summer he did say the team needs to step up its intensity on defense.

I hope the new addition will really help in the paint. They need a banger to play defense and rebound. Olivia can rebound and bang as well; but, they also need to keep her out of foul trouble. I think they have enough bodies and length that perimeter defense will be fine. As noted, lots of scoring options.

Reactions: Guardman
Yeah it is a loaded conference top to bottom with 6 teams in the top 25 and UNCST ranked just outside at 27. No other conference has that many teams ranked.

I am surprised that the B1G didn’t take Stanford when they added the other PAC12 schools. Stanford really will add to the conference in women’s sports especially volleyball and basketball.

Reactions: Deeva
While I recognize what HVL brought to ULWomen’s BB last year, I agree with Koz and others who see this year’s team has having greater potential. Their summer performance provided a glimpse of the maturity this roster has coming in.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
Overall, the team has nice size at all positions. This may be one if his tallest teams he has had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT