ADVERTISEMENT

Wasn't the popular narrative that U of L football coaches?...

You’ve invented so many narratives that you obviously cannot keep them all straight. You even underperform on the straw man arguments you formulate.

Anyways, the staff was one of the top paid staff’s in the ACC. They were a top 25 paid staff in college football. Despite that, only one landed an equivalent position (which is generous considering Kolby Smith went to Rutgers), one other landed a P5 job, and the rest are either still unemployed or landed low level D1 jobs.
"Anyways..." is not the standard. Like I said, these guys were pink slipped a couple months ago. That's not the precursor to landing great jobs. Let me know where they are individually in a couple years to make THAT point.

[Not to mention, didn't we just hire back--or try to--a couple of Petrino's former coaches?...]

The point of this thread is that they're landing other football jobs when their coaching ability was called into question. And that was a fail. The record now shows that...

"Anyways..." is not the standard. Like I said, these guys were pink slipped a couple months ago. That's not the precursor to landing great jobs. Let me know where they are individually in a couple years to make THAT point.

[Not to mention, didn't we just hire back--or try to--a couple of Petrino's former coaches?...]

The point of this thread is that they're landing other football jobs when their coaching ability was called into question. And that was a fail. The record now shows that...

The record shows that these coaches collectively and individually are not desired for equivalent positions within college football. Now you want to impose some arbitrary “let me know where they are in a couple of years”. A total cop-out deflection from the king of deflections. Bottom-line is that you tried to create a narrative but the actual data shows that you are getting schooled. Btw..the point of this wasn’t about prior members of the staff. It was about the insufficient staff Petrino had assembled this past season.

The record shows that these coaches collectively and individually are not desired for equivalent positions within college football. Now you want to impose some arbitrary “let me know where they are in a couple of years”. A total cop-out deflection from the king of deflections. Bottom-line is that you tried to create a narrative but the actual data shows that you are getting schooled. Btw..the point of this wasn’t about prior members of the staff. It was about the insufficient staff Petrino had assembled this past season.
Oh, so NOW your new narrative is that Petrino's coaches were fine. It was simply an issue of his coaches in 2018.

You really oughta start charging for this...

tenor.gif

Oh, so NOW your new narrative is that Petrino's coaches were fine. It was simply an issue of his coaches in 2018.

You really oughta start charging for this...

Nice deflection again. The discussion was about the 2018 staff. If you’d like to discuss prior staff’s or the declining quality of the staff over time then start another thread. You’ve done nothing to support your notion that the 2018 staff was on par with its pay or with its conference. How many different unsupported (and fictional) narratives can one person make in a thread? You are working on some kind of record here. Certainly not “bagging them likes”.

Reactions: Art79
Nice deflection again. The discussion was about the 2018 staff. If you’d like to discuss prior staff’s or the declining quality of the staff over time then start another thread. You’ve done nothing to support your notion that the 2018 staff was on par with its pay or with its conference. How many different unsupported (and fictional) narratives can one person make in a thread? You are working on some kind of record here. Certainly not “bagging them likes”.
The narrative is/was...
  • Bad assistants who "can't get jobs..."
  • Can't recruit
  • Bad culture
  • Didn't deserve his contract, buyout, etc.
You can try to morph, parse, or rationalize those points all you want. It's just tap dancing after the fact from a handful of haters and clown show apologists. I simply picked one of those hate issues to debate.

And since you brought it up, I just looked and the number's now over nine thousand...

Last edited:
The narrative is/was...
  • Bad assistants who "can't get jobs..."
  • Can't recruit
  • Bad culture
  • Didn't deserve his contract, buyout, etc.
You can try to morph, parse, or rationalize those points all you want. It's just tap dancing after the fact from a handful of haters and clown show apologists. I simply picked one of those hate issues to debate.

And since you brought it up, I just looked and the number's now over nine thousand...

The staff wasn’t ACC caliber and was not being paid in line with their skill level. Nothing that has developed in the months since their dismissals has refuted that narrative. The only hate has been from you. Your anti-Mack and anti-Tyra narratives have been pathetic.

UofL football was an embarrassment last year. It was the worst single season performance for the program in decades. It's not my style, but anybody that felt compelled to take shots at any or all of the coaches was justified.

UofL football was an embarrassment last year. It was the worst single season performance for the program in decades. It's not my style, but anybody that felt compelled to take shots at any or all of the coaches was justified.
But you don't know why. "Taking shots" is hardly productive except to vent your frustrations. I don't take that approach seriously...

The staff wasn’t ACC caliber and was not being paid in line with their skill level. Nothing that has developed in the months since their dismissals has refuted that narrative. The only hate has been from you. Your anti-Mack and anti-Tyra narratives have been pathetic.
I don't hate anyone. I can look at something positively without casting aspersions on someone/something else. If the focus of your praise deserves that praise, you don't need to smear negatives somewhere else. That's what dyed-in-the-wool haters do.

Despite your mischaracterization, Mack gets a fair shake with me. He's having a good season so far, but it's far from over. "Vince" has been a disaster financially, and fan support isn't coming around. He has time to fix that, but he's off to a poor start. I'm being patient, again, despite what you think.

And this has nothing to do with your failed narrative about the former assistant football coaches...

I don't hate anyone. I can look at something positively without casting aspersions on someone/something else. If the focus of your praise deserves that praise, you don't need to smear negatives somewhere else. That's what dyed-in-the-wool haters do.

Despite your mischaracterization, Mack gets a fair shake with me. He's having a good season so far, but it's far from over. "Vince" has been a disaster financially, and fan support isn't coming around. He has time to fix that, but he's off to a poor start. I'm being patient, again, despite what you think.

And this has nothing to do with your failed narrative about the former assistant football coaches...

My narrative (which was shared with most fans that have at least a passing knowledge of football) was spot on. The staff was not worth they were paid and weren’t ACC quality. Nothing that has transpired since Nov has refuted that narrative. You are simply creating a narrative that didn’t exist because you think it makes Tyra look bad. Fortunately people on here have caught on to your BS. Hence, you haven’t been “bagging them likes” lately.

My narrative (which was shared with most fans that have at least a passing knowledge of football) was spot on. The staff was not worth they were paid and weren’t ACC quality. Nothing that has transpired since Nov has refuted that narrative. You are simply creating a narrative that didn’t exist because you think it makes Tyra look bad. Fortunately people on here have caught on to your BS. Hence, you haven’t been “bagging them likes” lately.
9,027 when this post was made. And no one tries to "bag" them less.

You have simply embellished the narrative about unfit assistant coaches with garbage about "equal jobs" and "ACC caliber". That's trying to wipe off the dog $hit after falling in it. You still smell...

But you don't know why. "Taking shots" is hardly productive except to vent your frustrations. I don't take that approach seriously...

Message boards are a place many fans go to vent. That is common knowledge. Message boards aren't to be taken seriously, they are entertainment time killers, and sometimes a place to get inside information when people in the know share.

You have been venting on this board about the clown show, Tyra, etc for quite some time by the way LOL

9,027 when this post was made. And no one tries to "bag" them less.

You have simply embellished the narrative about unfit assistant coaches with garbage about "equal jobs" and "ACC caliber". That's trying to wipe off the dog $hit after falling in it. You still smell...

The only $hit here are the made narratives you’ve been shoveling. I guess I admire your resilience...you’ve gotten owned on this thread repeatedly and keep coming back for more. Obviously being “ACC caliber” would be important when competing in the ACC and “equal jobs” would be a fairly objective way to gauge their quality. Objectivity matters little to you though.

Message boards are a place many fans go to vent. That is common knowledge. Message boards aren't to be taken seriously, they are entertainment time killers, and sometimes a place to get inside information when people in the know share.

You have been venting on this board about the clown show, Tyra, etc for quite some time by the way LOL
Oh, I don't hide my disdain for clowns. But I'm almost always packing evidence. That's not "taking shots" by my definition.

If you're willing to argue your POV with supporting info, I'm not accusing anyone of drive-by shooting...

The only $hit here are the made narratives you’ve been shoveling. I guess I admire your resilience...you’ve gotten owned on this thread repeatedly and keep coming back for more. Obviously being “ACC caliber” would be important when competing in the ACC and “equal jobs” would be a fairly objective way to gauge their quality. Objectivity matters little to you though.
Funny how readily apologists try to shut down debate. "Getting owned"...LOL!

And keep trying to...

8472578.gif

Oh, I don't hide my disdain for clowns. But I'm almost always packing evidence. That's not "taking shots" by my definition.

If you're willing to argue your POV with supporting info, I'm not accusing anyone of drive-by shooting...

The people you are referencing that ridiculed the UofL staff from last season have the evidence - the team the staff coached was historically bad.

Funny how readily apologists try to shut down debate. "Getting owned"...LOL!

And keep trying to...

We can debate this all night and day. The staff was not ACC caliber and wasn’t worthy of their pay rate. The objective data since their dismissal supports this. Yes, it is sad seeing you continually getting owned.

The people you are referencing that ridiculed the UofL staff from last season have the evidence - the team the staff coached was historically bad.
There's a difference between seeing a "historically bad" team and explaining it. My eyes can see what everyone else's eyes see.

What those narratives I listed comprise are EXPLANATIONS. My eyes don't necessarily see those...

We can debate this all night and day. The staff was not ACC caliber and wasn’t worthy of their pay rate. The objective data since their dismissal supports this. Yes, it is sad seeing you continually getting owned.
Your eyes see a lotta ish that has nothing to do with reality...

Your eyes see a lotta ish that has nothing to do with reality...

The jobs these guys are or are not getting are a reality. And that reality is that they are at lower pay, lower levels or not employed at all. Try again “Zipp”.

You don’t repeatedly give up >50 pts unless you have 1)zero talent, 2) horrible coaching, 3) widespread quitting. 1 should not be true in year 5 of Bobby 2.0. If 3 is true, there was a cancer in the Locker room that the staff either created or failed to fix. Whichever it is, the staff was accountable for that train wreck. As far as post-Louisville employment, I never cease to be amazed at the people who get hired over and over in the coaching profession.

You don’t repeatedly give up >50 pts unless you have 1)zero talent, 2) horrible coaching, 3) widespread quitting. 1 should not be true in year 5 of Bobby 2.0. If 3 is true, there was a cancer in the Locker room that the staff either created or failed to fix. Whichever it is, the staff was accountable for that train wreck. As far as post-Louisville employment, I never cease to be amazed at the people who get hired over and over in the coaching profession.
Your eyes, hypotheticals, and explanations...

The jobs these guys are or are not getting are a reality. And that reality is that they are at lower pay, lower levels or not employed at all. Try again “Zipp”.
And your narrative after the fact...

The narrative was established. The proof is in the results.

Surprised you even created this thread and invented your alternative narrative. Bad way to “bag them likes”.
Will it help your obsession with "likes" if you "bag" a few thousand more of them?

Own what you are and what you say--it might help...

Will it help your obsession with "likes" if you "bag" a few thousand more of them?

Own what you are and what you say--it might help...

You invented a narrative to try and discredit the AD and it didn’t work. Own your failure. You’ve really been off your game. The coaches weren’t quality, even you know that. And now they can’t get equivalent jobs nor pay.

You invented a narrative to try and discredit the AD and it didn’t work. Own your failure. You’ve really been off your game. The coaches weren’t quality, even you know that. And now they can’t get equivalent jobs nor pay.
The popular narrative is/was "couldn't get jobs." If that wasn't your narrative, why are you debating this much?

Either you're morphing the story, or you're lost. Own what you are...

Whose would I offer but mine? How do you explain the performance of last year?
I don't try, nor do I have to. It's not my job as a fan. It's also not my job to accept your analysis or anyone else's. As timeless zipp-ism no. 86 says...

"You don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and password."
I'm not even sure that firing Petrino will fix on-the-field issues. The only thing it addresses with any confidence is fan support (or lack of)...

The popular narrative is/was "couldn't get jobs." If that wasn't your narrative, why are you debating this much?

Either you're morphing the story, or you're lost. Own what you are...

That wasn’t the popular narrative. I know why you are morphing the narrative though and it’s pathetic.

That wasn’t the popular narrative...
Yet no one's debating that detail but you and a clown show apologist or two. This thread's had over eight thousand views by people WITHOUT posting a comment. And according to you, no one agrees with me...

IAs timeless zipp-ism no. 86 says...

"You don't get credibility and respect because you have a username and password."
Nor do you.

Indeed, you don’t “have” to do anything. But as a curious and intelligent person it is quite normal to ask why, and to put forth possible explanations. As regards your measure of success, we’ve had this discussion before, but I must restate what for most is obvious: nobody keeps score with attendance figures or dollars in reserve. Winning is what counts. If we get that over time, the other things will come.

Jurich got a raw deal and while I am thankful for Tyra and he has my full support, I wish we still had Tom here for a lot of reasons. Most of those reasons are tuned in with loyalty and appreciation along with my belief in his ability to exceed expectations.

With that said, I do not miss Petrino largely in part due to him retaining family hires. Hiring family is a no win situation for moving on from that coach if it is not working out. Also, I do not miss his swing and misses on defensive coordinators post Grantham (Peter Sirmon - wow). Petrino with a solid staff of coaches is one of the best situations imho. But it appeared we did not have that situation anymore. So painfully, some of those factors led up to letting a really good coach go with a lot of dollars left on the table. So now on to Satterfield who I think will make all of us fans proud. I like him just fine, its up to him and his ability to coach and lead now. Looking forward to watching next year!

Yet no one's debating that detail but you and a clown show apologist or two. This thread's had over eight thousand views by people WITHOUT posting a comment. And according to you, no one agrees with me...

I think everyone knows you are wrong. Your original point and the different deflections along the way have been ridiculous. It’s important that your warped agenda be called out.

Last edited:
Nor do you.

Indeed, you don’t “have” to do anything. But as a curious and intelligent person it is quite normal to ask why, and to put forth possible explanations...
A big indicator of intelligence is recognizing what you DON'T know. In fact, statistical testing is grounded in the principles of Type I and Type II errors, a Type I error in this instance. NOT committing a Type I error is always desired.
...As regards your measure of success, we’ve had this discussion before, but I must restate what for most is obvious: nobody keeps score with attendance figures or dollars in reserve. Winning is what counts. If we get that over time, the other things will come.
IU is an also-ran in college basketball nowadays. Yet, they're still the 5th most profitable college basketball program nationally. LINK

On the flipside, Gonzaga is nowhere on that list. How long do the Zags need to wait for the basketball money to start rolling in?

And I have no idea what this subject has to do with U of L football assistant coaches under Petrino...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT