ADVERTISEMENT

Wake series

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Detmers. Man, not a bad pitcher at all. Cards have left too many runners on base tonight. Can’t do that against really good offenses like Wake as it will nite you in the tush. Relievers Elliot and Kirian doing their thing. Kirian with one out as I type. Like to see Dunn get more time. I assume they are bringing him back up to speed slowly though. Two outs now!

Reactions: PHCARD
Yeah my spouse is very concerned about guys left on bases. In fact he gripes about it all the time. I chuckled Bardman when I read your post. :p

Reactions: Bardman
Looking for Bobby to have a big game today.
Hoping, like others to see this offense bust open. Their pitchers had 11 k's last night,so I'm guessing we struck out quite a bit with runners on base.

Let's go get this one Cards!!

Damn. Wake walks off with 3-2 win in the 9th after the Cards managed to tie the game 2-2 in the top. Miller pitched good with 9ks but with 4 walks and gave up a 2 run HR. Cards need to win the series tomorrow.

Reactions: Deeva and PHCARD
Man..

That's about all I got.

When these guys figure out how to win these type games, we're gonna have something special.

Reactions: Deeva
The one problem I've seen with Coach is he seems to leave pitchers in a couple of batters to long. Saw it last year with Smith in the tournament and today I was suprised when Webster came back out for the 9th after his shaky 8th. Then when the first guy took him to the warning track there was no way I thought he would leave him in for the guy with the walk-off but he did and that was the ballgame.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
The one problem I've seen with Coach is he seems to leave pitchers in a couple of batters to long. Saw it last year with Smith in the tournament and today I eas suprised when Webster came back out for the 9th after his shaky 8th. Then when the first guy took him to the warning track there was no way I thought he would leave him in for the guy with the walk-off but he did and that was the ballgame.
Yeah after Webster worked out of the jam, no way did I think he was coming back out. We got a ton of pitchers who need work. Throw Kerry Wright.

Reactions: teamcanada
Bullpen is not a strong suit, neither is 6 runs in 2 games. Not much room for error.

Today the time of the day was tough a lot of shadows to pick up 94mph fastballs and hooks.

Today the time of the day was tough a lot of shadows to pick up 94mph fastballs and hooks.
Yeah,tough sledding there. Coach hit on searching fastballs in his post game comments with Moth. Basically,we take too many fastballs, when in fact those are the ones we want.
Otherwise,you have to hit that guy's changeup.

I agree about the pitching. I know CM needs these Frosh to grow up quickly.
I'm sure he was thinking Webster had found his groove,Idk.
I think that we could see some changes in the batting lineup, possibly today,but more likely midweek if guys don't produce today.

We are producing today. It feels great to be home in the Ville. Certainly hope our sunny skies and some warmth continue for JPS ball this week. I’m ready for the ballpark!

Yeah,tough sledding there. Coach hit on searching fastballs in his post game comments with Moth. Basically,we take too many fastballs, when in fact those are the ones we want.
Otherwise,you have to hit that guy's changeup.
The most challenging part of hitting is the head game. It is really hard to guess right but that is what you do. I tried to never look off speed but I did. When I did I got twisted in knots.

I got kick out of Sean Moth yesterday when Miller threw 3 straight heaters Moth said as a hitter you have to look curve ball here nope straight gas guy goes down looking.

McDonald knows it is really hard to guess right on each pitch. Sit fastball don’t miss. The best time to get really good pitchers is early. They are going to be fastball heavy in the couple of innings. They start mixing in up as the game goes on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT