ADVERTISEMENT

VJ???

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
how many kickouts for open looks is he going to turn down only to dribble into defenders for a contested shot??? Him turning down the shot led to Ray’s second foul! Frustrating!!!

Time to revisit this. Last night and it’s not the only night but when VJ only gets 2 rebounds in 23 minutes while Williams (3), sutton(3), Nwora (4) and McMahon (5) get more in less minutes, it’s time to become humble and rethink your game.

I know his minutes may be a little misleading but DP tried to keep him happy by playing him when the game was well in hand. During that time, I saw King get the ball on 3 possessions and he took the shot on all 3 possessions without looking to pass.

VJ is going to do VJ things. My concerns are more towards Q. 0-5 last night, 1-8 the game before.

VJ does not drive to the basket with much success, he always has his head down and ends up throwing up a prayer. He has a great fade away jump shot that is hard to defend and he should use that instead of trying to drive to the basket.

VJ and for that matter Deng are the two most frustrating players to watch. They both have the ability to be really good players but they really don't understand how to play at this level. They both do things that aren't skilled at doing. VJ is not good taking people off the dribble, he is not a finisher, and not a scorer. What VJ is a good shooter, but tries things he isn't good at that make him a poor shooter.

VJ needs to be like Kuric,a spot up shooter and a occasion drive it. For whatever reason he constantly passes up good shots to take challenged shots. Once he figures out to shoot every time he is open and drive when the defense is too aggressive he will become a much more productive player.

VJ has game but he simply needs to decide to either drive or shoot.

So far all I have seen is 'He has bad game', no court awareness, poor handles, forces up bad shots, hardly ever looks to pass, not a team player yet IMO.

Does have a nice stroke from outside when in rhythm, had been shooting FT's well until of late, has improved m to m defense but still gets lost too much and is easy to beat by a good driver. Other than that, IMO, Nwora should get more of his minutes. JN as a shooter is much better team player and he hustles more than VJ. Plays like he understands the game.

With all that being said.....I hope your optimism is right especially if VJ keeps getting the PT. But he must learn that there is no I in TEAM.

Maybe it’s a sophomore funk. What’s interesting or actually disappointing is that King is averaging twice the minutes this year and as you would hope his points. However, almost every other stat has gone down. FG%, FT%, 3 pt%.. hope he can figure it out but we are 75% through the season.

King needs to lose his fear of contact and drive to get to the free throw line more. Shooting free throws might be the best thing he does. 40% field goal shooting is lame considering he can't do much else.

King needs to lose his fear of contact and drive to get to the free throw line more. Shooting free throws might be the best thing he does. 40% field goal shooting is lame considering he can't do much else.
He was 1-5 from the line against GT, otherwise the team would have been 10-14 instead of 11-19.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT