ADVERTISEMENT

VJ King telling quote

"Came back from break, focus wasnt there"

Said this in postgame interview. LMAO.

Read Q’s quote about the last 4 minutes of the first half. To paraphrase- it was a completely strange lineup, everyone was confused, no one knew what role to play or how to play it.

Lack of a HOF/seasoned coach will get exactly what we witnessed today those that clamored we would not miss Rick crazy! You can get away with it against lesser opponents but not major ones. I just dont see this team making the tourney it is what it is.

Reactions: Deeva
We have players that are playing for themselves, yet they blame the coaches? Adel will snowbird instead of rebound, and will still dribble off his foot. He’s chasing his and I’d rather lose with players playing team ball.

We have players that are playing for themselves, yet they blame the coaches? Adel will snowbird instead of rebound, and will still dribble off his foot. He’s chasing his and I’d rather lose with players playing team ball.
If Adel goes pro, so will I!

Reactions: PHCARD
Ray said practices this week were bad, lacked focus, etc. When asked why he said, "No comment"

This was a very telling interview. He said no comment 3 times. Three separate questions. I’ve heard practices have been 180 degrees from a Pitino practice. David needs to decide if he’s going to be a friend or coach. He’s in a tough position being an interim guy.

Reactions: Deeva
This was a very telling interview. He said no comment 3 times. Three separate questions. I’ve heard practices have been 180 degrees from a Pitino practice. David needs to decide if he’s going to be a friend or coach. He’s in a tough position being an interim guy.
His response or lack of wasn't a direct negative towards coach Padgett. It was frustration among his fellow teammates he just didn't want to ruffle any feathers .

His response or lack of wasn't a direct negative towards coach Padgett. It was frustration among his fellow teammates he just didn't want to ruffle any feathers .

I didn’t see it that way. But that’s all I’m going to say about that. As I’m not going to judge DP as I would a permanent coach. He’s in a he&& of a tough spot. And I have ton of respect for that guy.

He’s chasing his

You may be right, only he knows. I'm not sure his intent is to chase his completely, but I could be wrong.

I think he probably assumed his team was better than it actually is, and he figured he could stat pad in some instances and the team would turn out ok in the end regardless.

Players aren't fully to blame because they didn't sign up to play for Padgett. They signed up to play for a drill sergeant, and my guess is most thought they wanted or needed that. Now they have a "player's coach" and can't motivate themselves.

None of this is a big surprise nor does it suggest that there's anyone to blame. It just is what it is....

Players aren't fully to blame because they didn't sign up to play for Padgett. They signed up to play for a drill sergeant, and my guess is most thought they wanted or needed that. Now they have a "player's coach" and can't motivate themselves.

None of this is a big surprise nor does it suggest that there's anyone to blame. It just is what it is....
That’s not an excuse for veteran players like Snider, Mahmoud and Spaulding. If they have to be “motivated” or “punished in practice” to perform then we have the wrong type of players.

That’s not an excuse for veteran players like Snider, Mahmoud and Spaulding. If they have to be “motivated” or “punished in practice” to perform then we have the wrong type of players.
Didn't those guys sign up to play for Pitino too? Where was it written when Padgett was hired that they now have to motivate themselves?

And BTW, considering the three you mention, my guess is that Pitino was EXACTLY the type of coach they needed...

Didn't those guys sign up to play for Pitino too? Where was it written when Padgett was hired that they now have to motivate themselves?

And BTW, considering the three you mention, my guess is that Pitino was EXACTLY the type of coach they needed...
Look Q started the season slow, to which you quickly blamed CDP’s coaching, then Q goes on a tear, to which I guess you give Q all the credit and then he lays an egg against his in state rival and now it’s back to David’s fault. Cmon find me facts that Q has to have CRP?

Look Q started the season slow, to which you quickly blamed CDP’s coaching, then Q goes on a tear, to which I guess you give Q all the credit and then he lays an egg against his in state rival and now it’s back to David’s fault. Cmon find me facts that Q has to have CRP?
I haven't criticized DP for anything this year. I said that Q's POSITION of PG is exactly where you would expect to see the impact of going from Pitino to Padgett the most.

Thanks for reminding me that dovetails exactly with this discussion...

I haven't criticized DP for anything this year. I said that Q's POSITION of PG is exactly where you would expect to see the impact of going from Pitino to Padgett the most.

Thanks for reminding me that dovetails exactly with this discussion...
Now I understand.. you must have Alzheimer’s. You just said CDP couldn’t motivate.. if that’s not criticism, it sure ain’t a compliment.

Reactions: Kentucky31
Now I understand.. you must have Alzheimer’s. You just said CDP couldn’t motivate.. if that’s not criticism, it sure ain’t a compliment.
I also never said he can't motivate. I acknowledged that he doesn't motivate like Pitino did. Part of the issue in fairness to Padgett is that he didn't recruit the guys he's trying to motivate. As Jurich used to say, it's an issue of "fit".

Rather than put words in mouth, just ask me to clarify...

I also never said he can't motivate. I acknowledged that he doesn't motivate like Pitino did. Part of the issue in fairness to Padgett is that he didn't recruit the guys he's trying to motivate. As Jurich used to say, it's an issue of "fit".

Rather than put words in mouth, just ask me to clarify...
I can accept that but I also wouldn’t want CDP to try and emulate CRP either. He’s got to be his own man. There were down sides to Rick’s motivation of making you get on the treadmill. Tired legs, which led to poor FT shooting. I don’t expect CDP to motivate exactly like Rick. Rick’s style of my way or the highway doesn’t work for everyone. Let’s give David a chance.

Reactions: Kentucky31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT