ADVERTISEMENT

Vince Tyra hires ACC COY for Softball

I'd just like to know what the new coach has done. We apparently ran off the old one with as good a resume.

But I guess since Fanboy hired her, she has all of his markers for success...

fanboy_zpsidey2ndo.jpg

Reactions: ThroughBlue
I'd just like to know what the new coach has done. We apparently ran off the old one with as good a resume.

fanboy_zpsidey2ndo.jpg

Well, at least, most of us do. And that’s regardless of whom hired her. Perhaps she has a good recent record of progress and in recruiting. I would suggest that she (and Vince) deserve our support. It may also be an indication that Vince Tyra is doing proper “due diligence” in his hiring process.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I think it is easy to hire good coaches when you have a fat check book but it is still possible to make mistakes. I am waiting for Tyra to start bringing in the money. He has been on the job for 10 months now and there has not been any significant donations yet. I think that puts him about 100 million behind Jurich at this point.

Reactions: zipp
I think it is easy to hire good coaches when you have a fat check book but it is still possible to make mistakes. I am waiting for Tyra to start bringing in the money. He has been on the job for 10 months now and there has not been any significant donations yet. I think that puts him about 100 million behind Jurich at this point.

We’re all glad that you’re keeping score.

I can't believe I am the only one who is concerned about the lack of money coming into the Athletic Department. If this continues it will be hard to maintain the coaches we have. Fund raising should have been a criteria for hiring an AD at most universities it is.

Where's the proof that he hasn't gotten any? Just because you don't know nor do I, doesn't mean they aren't coming in. TJ glasses are still on.

Speaking of fanboy, you ought to of known just about everything that went on in Jurich's life considering your profile picture, tshirt, sign, and everything else that you've done to clearly show your agenda.

I can't believe I am the only one who is concerned about the lack of money coming into the Athletic Department. If this continues it will be hard to maintain the coaches we have. Fund raising should have been a criteria for hiring an AD at most universities it is.
Koz, you're not the only one, but there aren't enough people talking about it. And there's no one out on Floyd St. owning the problem publicly. They act like "we got this."

I see nothing behind marketing or connecting with fans. They look for the nearest camera when someone writes one $5 million check, and then disappear again--presumably until more good news is ready. That's drive-by fundraising.

The stats tell the story. This new leadership has started us off on a new "trajectory"...

Koz, you're not the only one, but there aren't enough people talking about it. And there's no one out on Floyd St. owning the problem publicly. They act like "we got this."

I see nothing behind marketing or connecting with fans. They look for the nearest camera when someone writes one $5 million check, and then disappear again--presumably until more good news is ready. That's drive-by fundraising.

The stats tell the story. This new leadership has started us off on a new "trajectory"...

I have to agree with Zipp here. Marketing has been lacking and this must be where we’re cutting corners. Jeff Walz complained about it during their tournament run. Where’s the advertisement for the UofL vs Bama game? We have not done a good job of selling tickets.

Marketing and fund raising are areas I would have to say VT needs to work on.

Jurich left him on probation

If Tyra was bringing in the money there would be articles about it, there were articles when Jurich did it. They just had an article 3 weeks ago when the President of the University got a 5 million dollar donation.

Yep, i agree with you, a "clean" trajectory upward.

Yep, i agree with you, a "clean" trajectory upward.

I agree with a clean trajectory but a lack of donations and advertising will hurt the program especially now with all the negativity surrounding it. No ones perfect and although VT has done a good job we need to pickup the big donations and advertising. We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Big donors probably aren’t happy with Grissom and the band of idiots, so until he goes funding may remain down for athletics. VT is done everything he can to carry the momentum forward with the exception of big donations and advertising.

CardsFirst, I agree with you that the donations might be down because of Grissom and not Tyra. The big question is how do we get rid of Grissom?

CardsFirst, I agree with you that the donations might be down because of Grissom and not Tyra...
The problem is we don't know that. The clown show supporters were saying it was due to the prior regime. They're all gone and so is much of the money. As time passes and moves are made, those questions are answered.

All I know is anecdotally, I don't know too many people anxious to write checks to U of L nowadays...

I agree Zipp and that is one of my biggest fears. This will make it hard to hire top coaches when you don't have the money to compete salary wise. I never understood why supposed fans complained about TJ's salary when he was bringing in 100's of millions of dollars.

Getting large donations is not that hard when your head coach was Rick Pitino who had alot to do with those donations.

CardsFirst, I agree with you that the donations might be down because of Grissom and not Tyra. The big question is how do we get rid of Grissom?

Good question. Supposedly he was going to leave after the President was selected or shortly there after. Will see if that occurs. Other than that we’re stuck until we get a new governor and only if that person removes him.

As much as I dislike Gruesome, all of these new people will stay on the clock until things get back to normal--if that ever happens. Grissom, Postel, Pizza Guy, et al have inflicted a lot of damage, and it's TBD whether Neeli and Tyra can get people to turn the page.

A lotta that will depend on their own credibility. The unfortunate thing for them is for a long time, they will be linked to the clown show by association. And I completely understand fans' skepticism over that...I share it.

The problem is we don't know that. The clown show supporters were saying it was due to the prior regime. They're all gone and so is much of the money. As time passes and moves are made, those questions are answered.

All I know is anecdotally, I don't know too many people anxious to write checks to U of L nowadays...
And why should they? If I had been a big time donor and then had to watch the total fiasco that has played out over the last few years, I would put my checkbook away also. With the issues of the president, the athletic foundation, the creepy ex coach and NCAA/FBI investigations, why would anyone donate funds before all has been cleared up. To even remotely blame or hint the new AD is falling down on the job is ludicrous. TJ was , by all accounts, a great fund raiser. He never had clouds hanging over him as dark as the ones that are overhead now.

Reactions: CardsFirst
And why should they? If I had been a big time donor and then had to watch the total fiasco that has played out over the last few years, I would put my checkbook away also. With the issues of the president, the athletic foundation, the creepy ex coach and NCAA/FBI investigations, why would anyone donate funds before all has been cleared up. To even remotely blame or hint the new AD is falling down on the job is ludicrous. TJ was , by all accounts, a great fund raiser. He never had clouds hanging over him as dark as the ones that are overhead now.
The new guys are supposed to change things. When's that gonna happen, when it does??...

The new guys are supposed to change things. When's that gonna happen, when it does??...
I am not sure how long it will take. I feel it may be more than the short time frame that you are expecting though. It took Jurich some time before he flourished, which he did in a big way. Not sure anyone will or can match his best years.

I am not sure how long it will take. I feel it may be more than the short time frame that you are expecting though. It took Jurich some time before he flourished, which he did in a big way. Not sure anyone will or can match his best years.
Then, it doesn't sound like the clown show had a good game plan, does it? We can't afford to kick rocks for three or four years while the rest of college sports zooms forward. Doesn't sound to me like these guys took stock of that...

parade%20of%20fools_zpskpipxzq5.jpg

Several of the big donors pulled away stating they didn't like the way Jurich was treated.

Several of the big donors pulled away stating they didn't like the way Jurich was treated.

True. Other donors pulled away due to continuous disruptions in the basketball program and scandalous activity in the university itself. Its going to be a while before serious trust issues are resolved.

True. Other donors pulled away due to continuous disruptions in the basketball program and scandalous activity in the university itself. Its going to be a while before serious trust issues are resolved.
Financial stats show or will show that the exodus of donors occurred late last year...

We'll be lucky if the new managers get anywhere close to the upward trajectory we WERE on...
I think the Upward Trajectory has changed substantially. Big apparently limitless growth begs for time to integrate the process. We got just that breather with the recent shit show. We also are no longer conference - hunting. Everything seems to be almost in place for a resumption of the newer reality that has us competing for dam everything. We can be less distracted and more focused on improvement in consistent ways.

There should be a different sort of energy now.

Jurich was truly The Answer and we got lucky as hell to have let him practice his trade. But, coincidence or not, a new regime goes into place with fan expectations of far more demanding nature and no desire to slip from where we were. There is an awesome template for Vince, even in those shorts.

Now we need to Boot the F--- Out Grissom.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
11 months now and no big donations secured by Vince. I sure hope our athletic program does extremely well all across the board. Maybe then we can bring money in with big endorsements.

11 months now and no big donations secured by Vince. I sure hope our athletic program does extremely well all across the board. Maybe then we can bring money in with big endorsements.
I'm sure this past week's news will reinvigorate people's interest in writing big checks... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT