ADVERTISEMENT

Vikings' Teddy Bridgewater is working out without a brace on his knee

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
Great News for Teddy!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...r-is-working-out-without-a-brace-on-his-knee/

This time last year, the Minnesota Vikings looked like a possible sleeper team in the NFC. They had a young, improving defense led by a good tactical mind in head coach Mike Zimmer. They had Adrian Peterson coming off another sparkling season. And they had Teddy Bridgewater, a rising quarterback prospect ready to take the next big step forward and seize full control of the offense.

Little did they know, they were only a few weeks away from losing Bridgewater to a traumatic knee injury that knocked him out for the entire 2016 season. The quick action by the team and trainers saved his leg, but by October, there was concern that he would never make it back onto the field in the NFL again.

Even in January, after that prognosis had been upgraded, there was still a belief that Bridgewater would not play at all during the 2017 season. By May, though, Bridgewater was back on the field with his teammates for OTAs.

As you can see in that video, Bridgewater was wearing a pretty hefty brace on his knee during those workouts. About six weeks later, Teddy's ditched the brace. He posted a picture to Instagram this week that shows him working out, brace-less. (Bridgewater's account is private, but the picture was acquired by the Star-Tribune.)

Sponsored by healthiestfastfoodchoices.com

What Fast Food Restaurant Is The Healthiest?
Do you love fast food but want to eat healthier? Learn the healthiest fast food chain here and don't make a mistake the next time you are hungry.

teddy-b.png

Bridgewater is working out on the field without a brace. Instagram
That's about 11 months post-injury. It's great to see Bridgewater making progress, and it'll be even better when we can see him on the field once again.

Reactions: Cue Card
Yeah, but I'm concerned that they would allow Teddy to workout without a brace. He NEEDS that damn brace - ALL THE TIME.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODDY!!! God Bless America!!!

The Vikes are just stupid enough to cut him. I hope he lands in Miami with Parker. They would tear up the AFC and finally there would be somebody to challenge the Patriots in that division.
The Dolphs need somebody. They are down to (gulp) Cutler! God help them.

Reactions: Mayoman
I hope they do cut him and he ends up with Miami, they have never appreciated Teddy up her.I remember all the people up her po poeing when they drafted him and making fun of the program and questioning his arm until they started winning and then all the sudden they started yelling Teddy in the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT