ADVERTISEMENT

View from outside

Dec 16, 2015
Cards are outsized. Hard to get pressure on opposing QB. Amazing speed on defensive front and go to the ball super, but just not enough heft yet.

Secondary confused. Will get better, but has to have help up front.

Speed to burn on offense. Hawkins is a super player. TE is the size of a big ten, SEC wide receiver, but a fighter.

No quit that I saw in the team.

You will win your share. EspecIally if you can jump on a quick lead...that offense is mighty good, even if the line is built on speed and quickness rather than pure brawn.

Sticking with 7-4, 8-3 projection.
Rebuild year two.

Agree with this. Technically we played a better game against Miami this year as compared to last year by double the points. Offense is fully built. Defense had a horrible game. Had a few of those last year.

Reactions: CardsFirst
Cards are outsized. Hard to get pressure on opposing QB. Amazing speed on defensive front and go to the ball super, but just not enough heft yet.

Speed to burn on offense. Hawkins is a super player. TE is the size of a big ten, SEC wide receiver, but a fighter.

You will win your share. EspecIally if you can jump on a quick lead...that offense is mighty good, even if the line is built on speed and quickness rather than pure brawn.

Rebuild year two.
Yep your on the mark. Some just can’t give Miami credit and have a hard time understanding FB doesn’t turnaround in one or two seasons. We sucked under Petrino. This is a major overhaul on D.

Reactions: Mayoman
Yep your on the mark. Some just can’t give Miami credit and have a hard time understanding FB doesn’t turnaround in one or two seasons. We sucked under Petrino. This is a major overhaul on D.
Miami sucked last year and has sucked for 15 years. Finally we have a QB and OC.

Miami sucked last year and has sucked for 15 years. Finally we have a QB and OC.
And Manny understands the “culture“ which is so important to winning at Miami.

Miami didn’t win because of geography, because you all had to compete with Florida and FSU for recruits. You guys didn’t win because of big money, I mean you guys don’t have the best facilities.

You guys won because you maximized The talent of the Miami area and played in a way that represented the city. It was talented and just cool.

Manny understands that you guys have to play with edge. He’s gonna get the recruits, but getting them to play hard will be the difference.

You guys were brought into the ACC to own that division and compete with FSU for the ACC title every year. I think you guys are close to getting that back.

Reactions: vivid_red
You don’t compare with what happened two seasons ago... we had a relatively good season last year considering, but you totally expect improvement, not excuses!

Rebuild year two.

If the defense keeps giving up 75 yard TD's with DB's guarding air - and this isn't fixed by year end - should we blame DC Brown and FARRR that sonofabeyitch?

If the defense keeps giving up 75 yard TD's with DB's guarding air - and this isn't fixed by year end - should we blame DC Brown and FARRR that sonofabeyitch?
Well we’re gonna lose like what, 7-8 starters off of this defense at the end of the year? Might not be best to get another DC in and start from scratch.

Maybe the new group will struggle early, but maybe they’ll have better habits and have more room for improvement.

Look our NT is 305 lbs, which is what he needs to be. He’s a RS SR and his backup is 290. Our current DE’s are like 255 and 260 lbs. Anybody with big beefy OL and a running game are just going to keep hammering at us until we wear down. The safeties and DB’s know this and they start to cheat. That’s why they get sucked in and get beat on big plays. Now how does Brown stop that with the roster he has?

Lol.....my teams coach was supposed.to be a defensive secondary whiz and.left Florida receivers uncovered twice in one game....and he's still there.
Dunno about Brown, but I doubt Satterfield stands for many repeat performances with the same guy calling shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT