ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy fan calls UL players "white trash"

well.

the claim is the players were talking trash....

welcome to the world of sports today, I am not sure there is a team out there that would not be excited and talk and beat the chest when 99 percent of the world said...no chance.

well.....congrats and dont let one idiot paint all of us. We are extremely disappointed but there is no reason for all that....maybe you can get more great pitching.....I was not happy to get this draw.....great win....I think this sports run is as fine as I have seen. Football BCS bowl win, NCAA basketball title and now a trip to the CWS. nice....you should beat your chest,.

Thanks InGold. It got a little chippy on the field today when your 2nd baseman put that aggressive tag on our runner. I am sure it was a reaction to some jawing by our guy. I have no bones against Vandy fans. You guys generally are pretty level headed and almost all Vandy fans I know hate UK so there is a lot to love there.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I was on the field . There was smack talk between both fan bases and players. The hard tag on second was a result of Vandy believing Gibson was stealing catcher signs, which he probably was doing. The best thing about being white trash is you can take your house with you when you travel, say like to Omaha.

Originally posted by EasyCard:
I was on the field . There was smack talk between both fan bases and players. The hard tag on second was a result of Vandy believing Gibson was stealing catcher signs, which he probably was doing. The best thing about being white trash is you can take your house with you when you travel, say like to Omaha.
I see what you did here and I like it!

This post was edited on 6/10 9:53 AM by cards_rock

My brother went to both games and I was assuming that he would report that Vandy fans were complete elitist a-holes. I assumed all SEC fans are like UK fans. He said that there was back and forth trash talk, nothing compared to what we experience with UK, WVU and Memphis fans, and that nothing was so bad that kids couldn't be present. I took it as a perfect atmosphere for an incredibly important series. I keep wanting these SEC teams to have UK type fans, but I keep getting disappointed for the most part. Maybe it's just UK fans that are total a-holes. Apparently, Vandy fans are just passionate and knowledgeable people. Disappointing really.

I never lump vandy in with the SEC bums. they are the single non public institution in the SEC. they triple the overall GPA of the SEC. and ocassionally they whomp on UK

The post says exactly this "louisville baseball - white trash". I don't think that infers anything about "talking trash". It infers exactly what I infer it infers. No need to dfend it or deflect it. It shouldn't be allowed to be posted on your board. I would hope it would be removed from our board if we did it.

If I was a Vandy fan and we were expected to win it all and a BigEast Louisville team came to our house and swept 2 straight, I would tempted to say anything to make them look bad. This was a horrible loss for Vandy, since it is incredible hard to acquire that much pitching and overall talent at the same time. I'm not saying this was an upset for the ages, but Vandy fans were/are stunned at how their season ended. They hadn't lost 2 straight at home for over 2 years. Are you kidding me? Seriously, what else are Vandy fans going to say.

Originally posted by PhiTauCard:

If I was a Vandy fan and we were expected to win it all and a BigEast Louisville team came to our house and swept 2 straight, I would tempted to say anything to make them look bad. This was a horrible loss for Vandy, since it is incredible hard to acquire that much pitching and overall talent at the same time. I'm not saying this was an upset for the ages, but Vandy fans were/are stunned at how their season ended. They hadn't lost 2 straight at home for over 2 years. Are you kidding me? Seriously, what else are Vandy fans going to say.
A loss is a good reason and excuse for being a jerk? I don't think so. In life you win some, lose some, and some get rained out.
glasses.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT