ADVERTISEMENT

Van Lith Invited to 2021 USA Women's AmeriCup Trials

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
Rising sophomore Hailey Van Lith was invited to the 2021 USA Women's AmeriCup Team Trials. The event will be held at the University of South Carolina from April 18-21. Dawn Staley will be the head coach for the team.

Van Lith is joined by 19 other notable women's basketball players listed below:

-Grace Berger (Indiana University, Sacred Heart Academy of Louisville)
-Aaliyah Boston (South Carolina)
-Jakia Brown-Turner (NC State)
-Rae Burrell (Tennessee)
-Veronica Burton (Northwestern)
-Zia Cooke (South Carolina)
-Elissa Cunane (NC State)
-Destanni Henderson (South Carolina)
-Naz Hillmon (Michigan)
-Rhyne Howard (Kentucky)
-Ashley Joens (Iowa State)
-Haley Jones (Stanford)
-Elizabeth Kitley (Virginia Tech)
-Diamond Miller (Maryland)
-Ashley Owusu (Maryland)
-Khayla Pointer (LSU)
-Sedona Prince (Oregon)
-NaLyssa Smith (Baylor)
-Jenna Staiti (Georgia)

Best of luck to HVL in the trials!

--sonja--

I wish Hailey the best of luck that is some stiff competition. Is Louisville still going to China this year to represent the United States in the World games?

Looks like Hailey didn’t make the cut. There was some serious competition at these trials....

Neither Van Lith nor Page Bueckers will be on the team and they were the 2 guards that led USA to the gol medal in the FIBA games. Only 2 players Boston of South Carolina and Van Lith of Louisville had 4 gold medals in international competition. Van Lith was instrumental in the USA beating Australia to win the gold medal and she won the MVP award in the 3x3 tournament. Politics always sucks but this should put a chip on her shoulder for next year.

Page Bueckers declined the invite, she didn’t try out. Considering the competition, I don’t think there was politics, there are some excellent guards in that try out. Hailey has a big jump to make to compete with the competition. I’m looking forward to her progress this season.

There is politics in everything and we’ll find out find out after they play. What is the plan for Louisville women’s team representing the US in the World games in China ?

I researched it and saw where the World University games scheduled for this summer in China have been canceled until next year. I hope the University of Louisville women’s team is still selected to represent the USA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT