ADVERTISEMENT

VA Tech vs Virginia

Nov 29, 2019
Does the winner matter to us? I assume Virginia winning would be better given my last look @ the ACC standings. However bowl wise, does it matter?

If Clemson goes to the playoffs as the undefeated ACC champions, the winner of this weekend’s game between VT and Virginia (both 8-3) will get the Orange Bowl bid. Notre Dame would get the Camping World Bowl (Orlando). After that you have the Tier 1 games: Belk, Sun, Pinstripe and Music City/Tax Slayer. Got to figure that Wake Forest (8-3), Pitt (7-4), and the loser of VT/UVa will be 3 of the 4 selected for those games. UofL would be 8-4 and almost certainly would get the 4th Tier 1 spot if we beat UK.

After the tier 1 games, you have the Military Bowl in Annapolis, the Independence Bowl, and the QuickLane Bowl (Detroit). Right now Florida State and Miami are both 6-5. North Carolina and Boston College are 5-6, with the Tar Heels favored at N.C. State to become Bowl eligible. BC is an underdog at Pitt.

The ACC also has secondary agreements with the Birmingham and Gasparilla Bowls, and should both UNC and BC win this weekend, one of those two spots would be needed.

This should help explain it from another thread.

So if CU beats USCjr and takes its unbeaten record into the ACC ship game vs UVA, what happens if UVA pulls the upset in that game? Shazam....it will take a genie or genius to figure that one out.o_O:rolleyes::oops::confused::(;):):D Where would UVA go bowling at?

What will the Playoff committee do with CU in that case? IDK. But dang, if UGA beats LSU in the SEC ship game and the SEC ends up with 3 one loss teams, I sure the heck hope they don't make it the SEC invitational for the FF.o_O:mad:

So if CU beats USCjr and takes its unbeaten record into the ACC ship game vs UVA, what happens if UVA pulls the upset in that game? Shazam....it will take a genie or genius to figure that one out.o_O:rolleyes::oops::confused::(;):):D Where would UVA go bowling at?

What will the Playoff committee do with CU in that case? IDK. But dang, if UGA beats LSU in the SEC ship game and the SEC ends up with 3 one loss teams, I sure the heck hope they don't make it the SEC invitational for the FF.o_O:mad:

UVa would go to the Orange Bowl. Clemson would then go either to the Citrus or Camping World Bowl, and Notre Dame would be picked after that.

If the $EC were to get three teams I will wager it will be the lowest TV rating since the playoff started.

I will miss it. But that’s just me. But I wonder how many people west of the Great Plains will care?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT