ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Pre-Season Coaches Poll: Louisville in at #16

The talent is there on this team, and you're right that it is a huge opportunity for Padgett.

There will definitely be a lot of bumps in the road ahead. I'm not going to pretend that Padgett is even close to CRP but I'll be very interested to see how David handles games against Virginia and a couple of others that seemed to always leave CRP stumped.

im encouraged. possibly the first positive thing I have seen for Louisville basketball in few weeks.

I hope Padgett enjoys the season and does not put a lot of pressure on himself. Let talent rule out and let the kids have fun playing the game.

Reactions: Deeva
I think even with an interim coach U of L is a top 10 squad. Cats should probably be closer to 8 or so. I think we will be really tough on defense this season.

Major drop off from HOF coach to a coach that is 0-0.

I think they are ranked too high - but that doesn't mean I think they are going to have a bad season either. No team has ever had this kind of noise around it going into the season.

The coaches and kids have some talent and absolutely nothing to lose.play and have a great ride.
I agree Kentucky is ranked far too high.
This team is nothing but freshmen...there will be a lot of losses.

I'd feel worse about trying to get this done with a brand new and young coach if not for what I see as a team loaded with vets.The veterans on this team will help this situation immensely(and not taking anything away from Padgett).
I'm confident in this group of guys,Pitino or not.I'd bet they would be top 10 if not for the circumstances.

I'd feel worse about trying to get this done with a brand new and young coach if not for what I see as a team loaded with vets.The veterans on this team will help this situation immensely(and not taking anything away from Padgett).
I'm confident in this group of guys,Pitino or not.I'd bet they would be top 10 if not for the circumstances.

Same here.

Solid experience with some talented Freshman. Circumstances and coach aside I feel this team would be a top 10 team as well.

Padgett is young and does not have the coaching experience, but is very familiar with the players and the system. I think he's done a good job of surrounding himself with some solid coaches as well.

I'm still excited and looking forward to this season.
I just hope they don't pull themselves out of the tournament.

Reactions: Cue Card
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT