ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer adds Charlie Strong to Jaguars staff

I think when we look back, those last 2 years of Charlie will be the most memorable time that we look the most fondly of a UofL.

The players were some of the most talented we’ve ever had here. We beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Teddy was a superstar. The team and staff were just so likable. The Year of the Cardinal!

Bobby’s years had the big moments and players like Bush, Brohm, and Lamar, but the Charlie years were so great and positive and I didn’t appreciate them enough.

I think when we look back, those last 2 years of Charlie will be the most memorable time that we look the most fondly of a UofL.

The players were some of the most talented we’ve ever had here. We beat Florida in the Sugar Bowl. Teddy was a superstar. The team and staff were just so likable. The Year of the Cardinal!

Bobby’s years had the big moments and players like Bush, Brohm, and Lamar, but the Charlie years were so great and positive and I didn’t appreciate them enough.
The CCS years were great but my favorite years were when your namesake was playing and shortly thereafter.

Reactions: gocds
I believe it would behoove us to remember that UofL was probably the only place CCS had any real success. Other than his time here - not so much. He has zero, nada respect for the offensive side of the game. Really good coaches truly respect both offense AND defense. Not to mention special teams.

GO CARDS!!!

The CCS years were great but my favorite years were when your namesake was playing and shortly thereafter.
Those were the best (my college years) and I loved it.

But something about Teddy & Charlie just brought me pride. I really was connected to those guys. Now I loved Bush & Brohm as the hometown kids and they were a team that could've won the title, don't get me wrong. But, that Florida bowl win will always be the most excited I had ever been.

Sugar Bowl against a team stacked with NFL talent. We played big boy football on both sides of the ball and smacked them in the mouth. It was on such a big stage. It was honestly unexpected.

Now, those years weren't the same as say 2006, as the schedules in 2012-13 were way softer if you look back, but I just loved watching us play those years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT