ADVERTISEMENT

UofL Football Picked To Finish 5th

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday that the Louisville football program has been picked to finish fifth in the 2024 conference race, according to a preseason poll of 170 media members across the league.

Florida State was chosen as the favorite to win the ACC title this season, garnering 2,708 points and being chosen as the favorite on 81 of the ballots. Clemson, Miami and NC State round out the top five, with the Cardinals securing 1,984 points in the poll.

It is hard to argue against FSU as the favorite, but I believe the rest of those rankings are subject to change as soon as the conference competition begins. I would look at Hartman and ND last year as to just how unpredictable college football is when relying on so many transfers to produce results. Regrettably injuries will dictate a great deal as to how the ACC season ends up.

Didn’t fsu lose 63 to 3 in their bowl game. Don’t think they’ll win it this year.
To be fair, losing Jordan Travis and not making the playoffs probably just killed their momentum. Was probably hard to convince them to get up for that game. Also, Georgia was probably the best team in the country that just had one bad game against Bama.

Wait…Miami rated highly in preseason rankings!!?? Damn, that never happens!!! And, NC St. ranked ahead of us? I think not. We should be third at worst and a strong case could be easily made for second.

Cards lost a lot of skill players on offensive side of ball. Plus we have to go to Clemson and have tough home conference games against Miami and SMU. # 5 is a reasonable preseason estimate especially since there’s now 16 teams in the conference. If the portal pickups perform as we hope another ACC championship game appearance is possible. I have faith that Coach Brohm will get the best possible out of them. We’ll see if that’s enough.

How does it make sense that the preseason poll has UofL #26, but they have UofL finishing 5th in the ACC! ZERO SENSE

How does it make sense that the preseason poll has UofL #26, but they have UofL finishing 5th in the ACC! ZERO SENSE
It's not a power ranking, it's where they predict us to be finished.

Last year we finished 2nd in the league, mainly due to the schedule we played, but we weren't the 2nd best team in the ACC in my opinion. Considering schedules aren't evenly balanced, where you finish isn't exactly correlated to where you stand in the league as the best team.

Reactions: SoulSr
It's not a power ranking, it's where they predict us to be finished.

Last year we finished 2nd in the league, mainly due to the schedule we played, but we weren't the 2nd best team in the ACC in my opinion. Considering schedules aren't evenly balanced, where you finish isn't exactly correlated to where you stand in the league as the best team.
I think we were the 2nd best team last year. Gota give the nod to FLSt but who else are you saying was better last year? Just curious…
If you’re thinking Clemson… we beat 3 teams that beat them last year.

Reactions: Mayoman
I think we were the 2nd best team last year. Gota give the nod to FLSt but who else are you saying was better last year? Just curious…
If you’re thinking Clemson… we beat 3 teams that beat them last year.
And if you go by that measure then you can play that all day. We will be a much better team this year but it's highly probably we don't finish 2nd like last year. We had a favorable schedule. We were good, but I think we kind of got exposed late in the year. We won a lot of close games and didn't get upset and the ball really bounced our way a few times and we got fortunate a lot more than not when you consider the GT, IU, NC State, & Virginia games. We had a great win against Notre Dame but also a terrible loss against Pitt.

I just don't think that team was the 2nd best ACC team. Sometimes circumstances and matchups change things. Like for example, they did lose to Duke and we beat Duke. But remember they played Duke week 1 when Duke was at full strength. We played Duke at home when they were injured at QB and we were coming off a bye week.

In the same way in our defense. We lost to Pitt and Cincy beat Pitt. Now there's a difference because Pitt had a bye before they played us and we had a tough game against Notre Dame. So you can't simply just say Cincy was as good or close to us because of 1 common opponent.

Personally I think Clemson would've beaten us. They did lose close games at Miami and NC State, whereas we won those close games. I can't say there's a big difference other than we closed the game. I'll also point out that MJ Morris was the QB when Clemson played NC STate and we played Brennen Armstrong. They went to OT with Florida State when FSU was at full strength. They also beat UNC by double digits, a very good team. They beat Kentucky in close game where they finished them off, whereas we lost.

It's hard to compare fully on common opponents, but I think Clemson was a more talented and slightly better teams. I can say that I don't think we would've matched up as well because they would've probably had the most talented skill players that we would've struggled with. Now of course I don't think they were a significantly better team at all. I can ask you, on a neutral field do you think Jack Plummer would've been able to do anything against that Clemson defense? That's my determination.

But Klubnik and the Clemson passing attack would've been the best we would've faced the whole season if you combine their stats plus their talent. The best 2 QBs we faced in the ACC were King and Van Dyke going by stats and we struggled against both. Klubnik was rated a little better than both and they had some really good skill players.

And if you go by that measure then you can play that all day. We will be a much better team this year but it's highly probably we don't finish 2nd like last year. We had a favorable schedule. We were good, but I think we kind of got exposed late in the year. We won a lot of close games and didn't get upset and the ball really bounced our way a few times and we got fortunate a lot more than not when you consider the GT, IU, NC State, & Virginia games. We had a great win against Notre Dame but also a terrible loss against Pitt.

I just don't think that team was the 2nd best ACC team. Sometimes circumstances and matchups change things. Like for example, they did lose to Duke and we beat Duke. But remember they played Duke week 1 when Duke was at full strength. We played Duke at home when they were injured at QB and we were coming off a bye week.

In the same way in our defense. We lost to Pitt and Cincy beat Pitt. Now there's a difference because Pitt had a bye before they played us and we had a tough game against Notre Dame. So you can't simply just say Cincy was as good or close to us because of 1 common opponent.

Personally I think Clemson would've beaten us. They did lose close games at Miami and NC State, whereas we won those close games. I can't say there's a big difference other than we closed the game. I'll also point out that MJ Morris was the QB when Clemson played NC STate and we played Brennen Armstrong. They went to OT with Florida State when FSU was at full strength. They also beat UNC by double digits, a very good team. They beat Kentucky in close game where they finished them off, whereas we lost.

It's hard to compare fully on common opponents, but I think Clemson was a more talented and slightly better teams. I can say that I don't think we would've matched up as well because they would've probably had the most talented skill players that we would've struggled with. Now of course I don't think they were a significantly better team at all. I can ask you, on a neutral field do you think Jack Plummer would've been able to do anything against that Clemson defense? That's my determination.

But Klubnik and the Clemson passing attack would've been the best we would've faced the whole season if you combine their stats plus their talent. The best 2 QBs we faced in the ACC were King and Van Dyke going by stats and we struggled against both. Klubnik was rated a little better than both and they had some really good skill players.
I get what you’re say, your points are all valid. But your opinion might be skewed a bit by Clemsons past… just sayinn
Agreed matchups are a huge determining factor.
I will admit that I didn’t watch Clemson play last year much. But my understanding is that they were terrible offensively, and that their Defense was solid but not up to their past standards. If you check their offensive stats last year. Jack freaking Plumber outperformed their QB, by over 400 yards on the year, we had the better RB’s and their top receiver only had like
500 yards and was 27th in the ACC. Our top WR was 4th. Clemson’s offense would have actually been - and it’s debatable -
Somewhere between the 5th to 7th best offense we faced.
In my opinion behind Miami, GT, FLSt, USC, & maybe behind Duke & NCSt.
Our defense was ranked higher as well. Based on points allowed.
We were 2nd behind Flst. Clemson was 4th behind Duke.
I’m pretty comfortable saying we would have beat Clemson last year. And I believe we will beat them this year.

I get what you’re say, your points are all valid. But your opinion might be skewed a bit by Clemsons past… just sayinn
Agreed matchups are a huge determining factor.
I will admit that I didn’t watch Clemson play last year much. But my understanding is that they were terrible offensively, and that their Defense was solid but not up to their past standards. If you check their offensive stats last year. Jack freaking Plumber outperformed their QB, by over 400 yards on the year, we had the better RB’s and their top receiver only had like
500 yards and was 27th in the ACC. Our top WR was 4th. Clemson’s offense would have actually been - and it’s debatable -
Somewhere between the 5th to 7th best offense we faced.
In my opinion behind Miami, GT, FLSt, USC, & maybe behind Duke & NCSt.
Our defense was ranked higher as well. Based on points allowed.
We were 2nd behind Flst. Clemson was 4th behind Duke.
I’m pretty comfortable saying we would have beat Clemson last year. And I believe we will beat them this year.
They slipped at times, but they had some really good games and their defense would've been the best defense we played all year, including FSU. Now we could've beaten them 40-45% of the time, so I'm not saying it was a big gap. But it would've needed to be a Notre Dame like home environment where we were clicking on all cylinders.

They were bad offensively, but they likely would've been the best ACC team we would've played in terms of passing yards and stats. I'm just saying we had a favorable schedule not just in terms of strength, but in terms of styles. Clemson may not have been their best offense ever, but I would dare to say they were better than Kentucky, Miami, Virginia, Pitt and maybe even GT that all gave us trouble. We didn't really play a lot of passing offenses and we did struggle against some above average passing QBs. We also gave up 38 points to Pitt and that's a negative mark in the same way Clemson losing to 2 teams we beat was. Clemson also did beat sUcKs.

And that's still not how I compare it, like comparing if our QB had more passing yards or our RB had more of this. My comment is more about what happens when we line up. They weren't organized, but their wideouts and running backs were very talented. I would say they had a strong defense too. I don't think Plummer could've held up against them at all. They were talented and better on defense than that FSU team. ESPN had their defense #2 FPI There were only 3 ACC defenses in the top 20 of ESPN's FPI, CLemson, FSU, and NC State and we didn't do well against FSU and NC State. Now we did do well against Notre Dame to be fair.

I just think about our team facing USC's backups and not being able to handle their athletic ability. Playing FSU without an actual QB and getting manhandled. Even a 7-5 Miami team pushed us pretty good. Now was it close between our teams, absolutely. It's just hard to look and say that we were a clear #2 when we didn't play FSU, Clemson, or UNC who were probably the 3 most talented ACC teams and when we played FSU you could see there was a huge gap. But I'm also saying that Clemson being better doesn't mean they were better by a large margin.

Reactions: cardrock
Louisville definitely overachieved last season in Brohm's first season. Jack Plummer was the weakest QB the Cards have had in awhile, yet he was good enough to manage the offense to win 10 games.

I don't think this seasons team would be overachievers if they win 10 games again. They're a much improved team and not just at QB. The tougher teams on the schedule are not world beaters. The Cards have proven more than once they can beat Notre Dame, NC. State and Miami. Now Clemson is a different story, and much like the recent stretch against UK, the Cards have just been snakebit against the Tigers.

Going into this season, and looking at the depth chart, this Louisville team I believe could be picked to win the ACC, had they took care of business in the bowl game against USC. They are a balanced team with offense and defense. They're an experienced team as well as having dynamic young talent.

But they're Louisville and pundits and fans alike just don't trust that Louisville football will sustain its success until they see it. Anything can happen in football as injuries can curtail any program, but I don't think about last season much when I look at this years team.

Louisville being picked 5th in the ACC in my opinion is ridiculous.

jerry palm at least has us played in a bowl after uk plays, which is a first in years
Yeah but the Fenway Bowl against AAC ECU is a bad projection. That type of projection would mean a 6-6 or 7-5 type season. So maybe the date is one day after, but it's actually him saying we won't have a good year.

Yeah but the Fenway Bowl against AAC ECU is a bad projection. That type of projection would mean a 6-6 or 7-5 type season. So maybe the date is one day after, but it's actually him saying we won't have a good year.
not quite sure about the record being that bad, it means we are slotted into that bowl based on our ACC finish, so i think the 3rd/4th slot.

on TOS, they posted ESPN FPI projections, which has us favored in 10 of 12 games, but only finishing 8-4. meaning they expect us to choke when we are favored at least twice.

Unrealistic expectations, or just way too soon to project how this team performs?

My approach is waiting to see if this offensive line can provide a successful ground game and protect the QB. Defense will be just fine.

Unrealistic expectations, or just way too soon to project how this team performs?

My approach is waiting to see if this offensive line can provide a successful ground game and protect the QB. Defense will be just fine.
Why would expectations be unrealistic? When a team returns as much talent from a 10 win season and adds an abundance of new talent, expectations should be many for this Louisville team.

Of course anything can happen once the games start, but Louisville again being one of the ACC teams capable of winning the conference is not unrealistic. Everyone knows the QB has been upgraded and with Brohm's genius, the offense will not be an issue.

To me, the roster looks stronger than last season. There's more depth across the board on both sides of the ball. Louisville football success is not some kind of outlier. The program has been a winning program for decades and I believe this team could be one of the programs all time best.

A lot comes down to Tyler Shough. If he approaches his potential, this season could be special. If he flounders or gets hurt (again) we could be looking at 7-5.

Reactions: bigloucards
Preseason predictions are tough because of the roster turnover. Unfortunately there is too much weight put on those rankings.

There is a lot to like about the defense. They have legit depth across the board. A lot of key guys returning.

I think the offense is a question mark. A lot of unknowns. They have a friendly early season to work out and any issues. Offensive coach helps here. We will see.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
The only real question on offense is QB Shough. Will he avoid serious injury? He is much more talented than Plummer and if he can stay on the field, the offense will be one of the best in the ACC.

The transfer receivers are at least on the same level the Cards had last season. The Cards receiving corp is deep and I don't see any concern at that position. The TE position I believe is much stronger.

Cards definitely have to replace the great RB duo from last season, but again the newcomers are talented enough to answer that question. I believe this team will pass more often than last season, so relying on a 1,000 yard rusher is not necessary.

The OL is huge and it's deep. I see no reason for concern on the line, but like with every position on the football field, injuries could be a factor.

I think Louisville should be a better team than last season. Brohm is on the cusp of creating a consistent power in the ACC as long as he stays around. Last season was a surprise for many, but this season should not be.

The only real question on offense is QB Shough. Will he avoid serious injury? He is much more talented than Plummer and if he can stay on the field, the offense will be one of the best in the ACC.

The transfer receivers are at least on the same level the Cards had last season. The Cards receiving corp is deep and I don't see any concern at that position. The TE position I believe is much stronger.

Cards definitely have to replace the great RB duo from last season, but again the newcomers are talented enough to answer that question. I believe this team will pass more often than last season, so relying on a 1,000 yard rusher is not necessary.

The OL is huge and it's deep. I see no reason for concern on the line, but like with every position on the football field, injuries could be a factor.

I think Louisville should be a better team than last season. Brohm is on the cusp of creating a consistent power in the ACC as long as he stays around. Last season was a surprise for many, but this season should not be.
I would like to think our backup QBs are better prepared than they were last year so if Slough does get hurt, God forbid, we will have a quality backup QB ready to step in. Last year Clarkson was not ready and Domann was our best option off the bench.

Really hard to know what a team has until they actually play. Is the defense really that good or is the offense terrible or is it something in the middle?

I do think being heavily in the portal is more challenging on the offense than defense. I also think because of the volume of offensive plays he implements the offense can struggle early. QB and WR timing is a real thing. Oline continuity is also a real thing. We will see.

Really hard to know what a team has until they actually play. Is the defense really that good or is the offense terrible or is it something in the middle?

I do think being heavily in the portal is more challenging on the offense than defense. I also think because of the volume of offensive plays he implements the offense can struggle early. QB and WR timing is a real thing. Oline continuity is also a real thing. We will see.
Not really. Every year teams are projected either to be good or not so good before they play a game. Why would Louisville be any different? Why is NC State ranked? Why is Kansas ranked? Why is ND so high in the polls?

There's only one reason that Louisville isn't pre-season ranked and it's been like this for years. There's a bias and I believe most media voters don't realize they have it. They don't give Louisville football the benefit of the doubt. They find another team similar and vote for them instead.

There's simply no other explanation why this Louisville team is not ranked. How can a team that went 7 and 1 in the ACC that returns all-Americans and all conference players along with the 2nd best portal ranking not be pre-season ranked? Does anyone truly believe an SEC team or Big 10 team wouldn't be ranked with similar results?

I find it curious that Louisville is #26. Good enough to be that close but not good enough to actually be in the top 25. I know this doesn't bother other fans as it does with this fan. Everything with Louisville football is on the upswing yet they still have to prove themselves before getting the recognition a pre-season ranking provides.

Not really. Every year teams are projected either to be good or not so good before they play a game. Why would Louisville be any different? Why is NC State ranked? Why is Kansas ranked? Why is ND so high in the polls?

There's only one reason that Louisville isn't pre-season ranked and it's been like this for years. There's a bias and I believe most media voters don't realize they have it. They don't give Louisville football the benefit of the doubt. They find another team similar and vote for them instead.

There's simply no other explanation why this Louisville team is not ranked. How can a team that went 7 and 1 in the ACC that returns all-Americans and all conference players along with the 2nd best portal ranking not be pre-season ranked? Does anyone truly believe an SEC team or Big 10 team wouldn't be ranked with similar results?

I find it curious that Louisville is #26. Good enough to be that close but not good enough to actually be in the top 25. I know this doesn't bother other fans as it does with this fan. Everything with Louisville football is on the upswing yet they still have to prove themselves before getting the recognition a pre-season ranking provides.
We have this chicken little mindset that everyone is out to get us. Sometimes it's laziness by the national media, but mainly it's due to the fact that national media doesn't follow our team as closely as we do. Fans tend to know the "real story!" about all of their teams. National media is only really focused on the teams that can win a national title in terms of what they're looking at in-depth. And let's be honest, we're not close to one of those teams like Ohio State, Georgia, Texas, & others. But I don't think it's disrespect, it's just some laziness and some of it time management because it's hard to go through 100 teams and know every detail.

I also think there's usually more BIAS for certain teams rather than bias against. Like Miami. I think this year there is some hype warranted with Cam Ward, but they've been ranked preseason most years and don't deserve it. But people see their recruiting rankings and know their past and they'll get votes. I don't think they look an disrespect us. Only 26 teams had 100+ points in the poll and we were the 26th. VT at #27 behind us had 77. So we do have some respect.

For starters, it's not like the voters conspired to keep us at #26. All of that is based on votes which means we essentially are the same as teams 20-25 as the votes aren't too different. The averages just kept us out. So we're right there with those teams but we view top 25 so heavy right now. Had we been like #40 or not received votes you could claim the disrespect conspiracy, but they have us right there. NC State being ahead of us is essentially a margin of error tie.

Where the national media sees we lost 2,000 yards in rushing from 2 NFL talents at back. A starting QB. 3 of our top 4 wideouts, including a NFL draft pick. A NFL draft pick at corner plus another talented corner in Duke. 3 Oline players who made NFL camps, including our heart and soul Hudson. So they aren't looking at it and seeing a few ALL ACC returnees and it's the same team, this is a fundamentally different team. Not saying that all is lost, I think we're a better team than last year, but when we're being evaluated by non-Louisville people that's what they see.

Then look at the macro view of NC State. We played them and beat them in a game we were fortunate to win, but they were a pretty young team that didn't begin to click until they brought in a new QB and they finished strong. They return a good bit along with Grayson McCall. They rate them pretty much the same as us. They don't have as much new, the voters kind of saw a solid team that didn't have a good offense most of the year and still ended up being decent. But again, we are rated essentially the same as NC State and they probably have a few more points that just move them up slightly.

Where we can look and see Shough as the easy improvement over Plummer and how our running backs are underrated and it's plug it in and go, the media sees transfers and Brohm is a good coach so they give us some benefit of the doubt. But the #2 portal class is subjective because that's mainly because we added almost 30 players, decent quality but thinking they're hating on us and ignoring a #2 transfer class is misleading. They just saw we added a ton in the portal. I'll also point out that our highest rated transfer is still counted on our list in Penny Boone.

But we're still rated with the top 25 teams in terms of the votes. And if we win week 1 and week 2 running away, we're going to move up because we're right there. BEat Georgia Tech to go 3-0 and we'll be top 20 going to Notre Dame for a big week. We're right there. Respect is earned and we have a schedule where we can either go take it or we'll fall. It's on us.

Last edited:
We have this chicken little mindset that everyone is out to get us. Sometimes it's laziness by the national media, but mainly it's due to the fact that national media doesn't follow our team as closely as we do. Fans tend to know the "real story!" about all of their teams. National media is only really focused on the teams that can win a national title in terms of what they're looking at in-depth. And let's be honest, we're not close to one of those teams like Ohio State, Georgia, Texas, & others. But I don't think it's disrespect, it's just some laziness and some of it time management because it's hard to go through 100 teams and know every detail.

I also think there's usually more BIAS for certain teams rather than bias against. Like Miami. I think this year there is some hype warranted with Cam Ward, but they've been ranked preseason most years and don't deserve it. But people see their recruiting rankings and know their past and they'll get votes. I don't think they look an disrespect us. Only 26 teams had 100+ points in the poll and we were the 26th. VT at #27 behind us had 77. So we do have some respect.

For starters, it's not like the voters conspired to keep us at #26. All of that is based on votes which means we essentially are the same as teams 20-25 as the votes aren't too different. The averages just kept us out. So we're right there with those teams but we view top 25 so heavy right now. Had we been like #40 or not received votes you could claim the disrespect conspiracy, but they have us right there. NC State being ahead of us is essentially a margin of error tie.

Where the national media sees we lost 2,000 yards in rushing from 2 NFL talents at back. A starting QB. 3 of our top 4 wideouts, including a NFL draft pick. A NFL draft pick at corner plus another talented corner in Duke. 3 Oline players who made NFL camps, including our heart and soul Hudson. So they aren't looking at it and seeing a few ALL ACC returnees and it's the same team, this is a fundamentally different team. Not saying that all is lost, I think we're a better team than last year, but when we're being evaluated by non-Louisville people that's what they see.

Then look at the macro view of NC State. We played them and beat them in a game we were fortunate to win, but they were a pretty young team that didn't begin to click until they brought in a new QB and they finished strong. They return a good bit along with Grayson McCall. They rate them pretty much the same as us. They don't have as much new, the voters kind of saw a solid team that didn't have a good offense most of the year and still ended up being decent. But again, we are rated essentially the same as NC State and they probably have a few more points that just move them up slightly.

Where we can look and see Shough as the easy improvement over Plummer and how our running backs are underrated and it's plug it in and go, the media sees transfers and Brohm is a good coach so they give us some benefit of the doubt. But the #2 portal class is subjective because that's mainly because we added almost 30 players, decent quality but thinking they're hating on us and ignoring a #2 transfer class is misleading. They just saw we added a ton in the portal. I'll also point out that our highest rated transfer is still counted on our list in Penny Boone.

But we're still rated with the top 25 teams in terms of the votes. And if we win week 1 and week 2 running away, we're going to move up because we're right there. BEat Georgia Tech to go 3-0 and we'll be top 20 going to Notre Dame for a big week. We're right there. Respect is earned and we have a schedule where we can either go take it or we'll fall. It's on us.
I can respect this point of view but I totally disagree. How is Kansas, one of the games worst football programs ranked ahead of Louisville?

Put it this way, when voters are making their lists of possible Top 25 teams, Louisville ends up sliding down either out of laziness or bias. I'm saying Louisville should have been a no brainer pre-season ranked team. It's not even close. Yet, more times than not a voter will pick Kansas or Iowa or NC State and before they know it, Louisville is outside the ranking. No laziness for the Jayhawks or the Wolfpack.

I also don't buy the notion that voters don't do their homework on the teams rosters. Maybe some don't, but obviously most do or a team like Kansas would not be ranked.

I don't believe I'm misleading anything. I have been seeing this same thing for years. I anticipated it again this year and lo and behold, Louisville is #26. Yeah right.

It's okay though. Louisville should get ranked after week one. I think they can more than earn the respect that apparently still eludes them.

I can respect this point of view but I totally disagree. How is Kansas, one of the games worst football programs ranked ahead of Louisville?

Put it this way, when voters are making their lists of possible Top 25 teams, Louisville ends up sliding down either out of laziness or bias. I'm saying Louisville should have been a no brainer pre-season ranked team. It's not even close. Yet, more times than not a voter will pick Kansas or Iowa or NC State and before they know it, Louisville is outside the ranking. No laziness for the Jayhawks or the Wolfpack.

I also don't buy the notion that voters don't do their homework on the teams rosters. Maybe some don't, but obviously most do or a team like Kansas would not be ranked.

I don't believe I'm misleading anything. I have been seeing this same thing for years. I anticipated it again this year and lo and behold, Louisville is #26. Yeah right.

It's okay though. Louisville should get ranked after week one. I think they can more than earn the respect that apparently still eludes them.
I’m going to say this and not be disrespectful but have you not watched Kansas the last 2 years? Or even last year? Lance Leipold has turned them around and he’s one of the best coaches in the nation right now.

Kansas finished 9-4 and ranked last season, but also they did that when their ALL Big 12 QB got hurt early in the year in Jalon Daniels. He’s back healthy this season.

That’s where you can say it’s not bias, if I had a vote I would say KU deserves to be ahead of us in all honesty. The fact that they are ranked ahead of us shows the pollsters aren’t using their past against them.

Because you just did what you accuse the pollsters of doing, you used your bias against KU based on them being bad in other years and ignored how good they actually are this year. That’s bias.

No, I have no bias against the Jayhawks. I know they are massively improved with the new coaching staff. I used them as an example of how voters respected them enough by ranking them. The voters did their homework and rewarded them, even though you said these voters are mostly lazy. They sure don't have a bias against them.

It wouldn't matter who I chose Louisville over, you could say that's a bias, but that's okay because I'm just a fan, not a AP voter. My opinion is not just due to this season but for the last decade. Louisville football is just commonly overlooked by voters, for whatever reason.

I would have Kansas in the Top 25 over Iowa and NC State, but not over Louisville. I can't believe you think they should be ranked ahead of Louisville, but I respect your opinion although I disagree. I think this Louisville team is going to prove how ridiculous it was leaving them out of the pre-season Top 25.

No, I have no bias against the Jayhawks. I know they are massively improved with the new coaching staff. I used them as an example of how voters respected them enough by ranking them. The voters did their homework and rewarded them, even though you said these voters are mostly lazy. They sure don't have a bias against them.

It wouldn't matter who I chose Louisville over, you could say that's a bias, but that's okay because I'm just a fan, not a AP voter. My opinion is not just due to this season but for the last decade. Louisville football is just commonly overlooked by voters, for whatever reason.

I would have Kansas in the Top 25 over Iowa and NC State, but not over Louisville. I can't believe you think they should be ranked ahead of Louisville, but I respect your opinion although I disagree. I think this Louisville team is going to prove how ridiculous it was leaving them out of the pre-season Top 25.
I mean they're returning a good bit of a team that went 9-4 without their ALL-Big 12 QB for most of the year last season. Jalon Daniels is one of the best QBs in the country. They're essentially a ranked team that's adding a top QB in the nation to their lineup. They're good. Not just a good story good, they're a good team and they're more proven playing together than our guys are. And it's not a big difference, what they are like 1-2 spots ahead.

GameDay today for three hours and this Louisville team not mentioned. When talking ACC, GT and VT mentioned but nothing about the ACC championship runner-up, who has an even stronger team returning. Nothing!

Louisville playing a FCS team in game one didn't help, but for me, not saying anything about Louisville after last season is just plain bias. There should have been a "What about Louisville getting back to the championship game, they appeared to have reloaded."

Then a short discussion, bringing up Shough as the new QB and the ferocious defense that may again carry the team. But nothing. Zilch. Even SMU was mentioned as a dark horse.

It is what it is, even though no one knows for sure what it is.

I know, just win baby win.

Mark Packer on the ACC network is the first pundit I've seen who has mentioned Louisville as a possible ACC champion. He also lamented how no one is talking about Louisville when discussing the ACC.

But he is on the ACC network so there's that. He said the key word though and that is Brohm. He said he trusts Brohm to have the offense clicking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT